Sprite Zero Soda, Lemon-Lime, Zero Sugar, 67.6 fl oz (2 qt 3.6 oz) 2 lt (COCA COLA) - 4900003724

Diet Sprite Zero: Caffeine Free. Calorie Free. Sugar Free. Packed With Flavor.

Aug 13, 2010

Pros:Clear, caffeine free, sugar free, great taste.

Cons:Two liter bottles go flat in half a day.

The Bottom Line: If you like a lemon lime carbonate beverage and haven't tried this yet, what are you waiting for???

As much as I hate to admit it, I am one of "those" people that show up at the grocery store at the break of dawn when the new sale starts – especially when the twelve packs of Faygo soda are on sale [five 12 packs for ten dollars, try and beat that price]. The "Diet Faygo Twist" is an almost identical copy to Diet Sprite / Diet Sprite Zero. For whatever reason the Diet Sprite Zero is a tough thing to keep in stock in my area. I think the Coke delivery guy cringes when he sees me gimp into the soda aisle because he knows I am going to ask him if he brought more two liters of this. It is a calorie free, caffeine free, sugar free clear beverage with a curious lemon and lime flavoring to it. It is mellower than Diet Mt. Dew and not as tart as Lemon Zip so it does have its own unique taste. I like to have a couple two liters of this around to add to punch for the holidays or for parties when people are mixing drinks and want something clear with a hint of citrus to it.

One of my favorite ways to drink this is with iced tea – especially fresh brewed tea. You don’t have to add lemon to it when you use this and the little bit of carbonation that it adds to it makes it most refreshing on hot afternoons. I usually use one part Diet Sprite Zero to three parts iced tea; it really helps if both liquids are cold so you don’t have to worry about ice cubes watering things down. You can freeze this if you want to use it in ice cube trays instead of water but it will lose its carbonation in the freezing process but you will still have the taste of it. You can also use this with almost any flavor of Kool-Aid to make freezer pops or flavored ice cubes. The Kool-Aid will stain some plastics when you freeze them so pick up some el cheapo trays for summertime use. Even straight from the two liter, Diet Sprite Zero has a clean, clear, fresh taste to it and you can drink it knowing that it isn't discoloring your teeth or bloating you with empty calories.

Math Lesson: 67.6 ounces = two liters

So, you still aren’t sold on Diet Sprite Zero? What if I told you that you could get free stuff just for drinking it? Offering codes is nothing new for soft drink companies but the "My Coke Rewards" program keeps on expanding. Just enter the code found under the cap [or on the inside of the cardboard boxes of cans] at the website and when you save up enough of them you can redeem them for things from free MP# downloads to DVDs, headphones, clothing or to enter sweepstakes. You can check out the reward program and sign up for free by checking out this URL: www.mycokerewards.com

Is this better than other diet sodas? No soda, diet or otherwise is good for you but this does rank a little higher because it is clear and caffeine free. Some diet sodas are high in sodium which is kind of funny – you are drinking it to quench your thirst but you end up drinking even more of it because of the sodium. The nutritional values on the two liter are pretty skimpy; it is calorie free and each eight ounce serving contains 25 milligrams of sodium [it is carbohydrate, fat and protein free]. If you don't drink the whole bottle in one sitting you shouldn't have any problems with this, the worst that can happen is massive belching if you drink it warm. I like adding this to iced tea but also like drinking it straight after its been chilled in the fridge. This is also nice as a mixer for vodka, tequila and other types of alcohol that taste a little better with a hint of lemon and lime with them.

The only downside to the two liter bottle is that it loses its zip about twelve hours after its opened. I do like getting the twelve packs of cans when it is on sale but the two liter bottles are usually the better deal unless there is a sale on Coke products. If you don't care about the carbonation of it then the two liter bottles are the way to go; even when it is flat it still has a great taste to it so you don't have to dump it out when it loses its fizzzzzzz. There is a "best by" date printed on the neck of the plastic bottle; if you have a rogue bottle in the back of the refrigerator that gets 'lost' and it has gone past that date you can still drink it but if it has been opened chances are it is going to be flat and it might have a little less lemon lime flavor to it. The bottles are recyclable so please add them to your plastics and help save the environment. Well, use the code under the cap first .. then recycle it!

==================

Mountain Dew DMX Energy Soda
Rock Star Energy Drink and Diet Rock Star

Sprite Zero Lemon-lime Soda 12 Fl Oz - 12 Pack Free Usa Shipping

Sprite Zero Lemon-lime Soda 12 Fl Oz - 12 Pack Free Usa Shipping

Welcome to My1Duck's Deals My1duck's Deals only sells New and/or Factory Sealed products. We receive new product several times a week. You can be conf...

Sprite Lemon-lime Soda 12 Fl Oz - 12 Pack Free Usa Shipping