St. Pauli Girl Lager

You Never Forget Your First Girl

Jul 17, 2000 (Updated Jul 17, 2000)

Pros:Readily available import

Cons:Lighter side for a German beer

It's true what they say: you never forget your first girl. That's a slogan the St. Pauli Girl brewery has used for a long time. I never forgot my first girlfriend, nor have I forgotten my first St. Pauli Girl beer. While I can't see my first girl anymore, I still can have a St. Pauli girl beer any time I want. The advantages of beer.

This beer was my first step up in the beer world. In my budding beer drinking days, I started out with Busch but soon stepped up to St. Pauli Girl by the case. To me at the time, the additional expense was well justified by the great taste that St. Pauli Girl exhibited. The posters didn't hurt either. Each year a new St. Pauli Girl was featured on a poster and given away at liquor stores where the beer was sold.

The brewery itself is located in Bremen, Germany. It's built on the site of the old St. Pauli monastery there, hence the name (the St. Pauli part, the Girl is purely for the American market). If you find girls like these in a monastery let me know, I'm joining it.

The beer pours to a light golden color with a light fizzy head formation. The nose is light and slightly hoppy, the palate is fresh and crisp with a delicate malt body and a balancing but light hop bitterness in the finish. This is actually a pretty darned good beer, loosely a pilsner. There have been rumors about adjuncts in this brew (corn for example), but it is Reinheitsgebot-certified. There are better German imports in my opinion, but from time to time I still enjoy this beer, especially on a hot summer night like tonight. It's crisp refreshing character lends it to pairing with most foods, tonight it was great with home-made pizza with tomato slices and basil.

CafePress St.Pauli Dark T-Shirt

CafePress St.Pauli Dark T-Shirt

Dark T-shirt100% preshrunk cotton, Charcoal Grey is 50% cotton/50% polyesterCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold

St. Pauli Germany Bundesliga Uefa Football Soccer T Shirt

St. Pauli Germany Bundesliga Uefa Football Soccer T Shirt

FC St. Pauli of Germany Show your support for Die Freibeuter der Liga Show your support and loyalty for the Buccaneers of St. Pauli, the most unique f...

CafePress St Pauli T-Shirt (white)

CafePress St Pauli T-Shirt (white)

100% preshrunk cotton6.1 ozCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold

St. Pauli Girl Beer Bar Sign 17 1/2 X 6

St. Pauli Girl Beer Bar Sign 17 1/2 X 6

St. Pauli Girl Beer Bar Sign 17 1/2 x 6 White Plastic Sign Black Overlay- St. Pauli Girl Logo Imported From Germany Beer New All items are described t...

Young, Fabulous & Broke Pauli Maxi Dress

Young, Fabulous & Broke Pauli Maxi Dress

92% modal 8% spandex. Hand wash cold. Unlined. Unfinished hem. Adjustable shoulder straps. Lifestyles of the young and fabulous are a cinch in these h...
REVOLVEClothing.com

Young Fabulous & Broke Pauli Tie-Dye Stretch Jersey Maxi Dress - Black Sumatra Wash

Moody, monochrome tie dye splashes the elegantly flattering silhouette of this maxi dress, cut with a dramatic open back, for an effortless way to wea...
Saks Fifth Avenue

Irish St Patricks - Mens T-shirt - Gray 'clover Lager' - Size Small

Irish St Patricks - Mens T-shirt - Gray 'clover Lager' - Size Small

Sonoma Mens T-Shirt Graphic fun t-shirt.Back Length: 25 1/4 inches (Top of neck to bottom of hem)Shoulder to Shoulder Measurement: 14 3/4 inches

Saks Fifth Avenue