Stanley Bostitch Stanley PowerLock 16ft /5m Tape Measure Made Usa Reviews

Stanley Bostitch Stanley PowerLock 16ft /5m Tape Measure Made Usa

USA made : Stanley 16' Ft Tape Measure

Apr 3, 2011

Pros:MADE IN THE USA

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: The Chrome plated metal case holds up well, my steel tape measure remains as good looking and functional as when I first added it to the classroom kit.

Stanley® Powerlock® 16' Ft Tape Measure Made In The USA Metal Case is the one I now have in my classroom tool box. It is not my first Stanley, and is not likely to be my last. While I do have a Stanley in signature yellow in my home tool kit I decided that the metal case just might be a little sturdier in the hands of Osage County First Grade. Little Gardeners do not use the tape measure, too often, however, as we trek to the work area Little Gardeners carry the supplies, spills, drops and tumbles are all part of the activity in a class of enthusiastic 6 year olds.

The Chrome plated metal case holds up well. I have had this tape measure for several years, it remains as good looking and functional as when I first added it to the classroom kit.  We do get it out to measure our plot, decide how much space we have available for planting and the like.

While the true zero hook allows use of a nail as a hinge for drawing circles and arcs; we do not have a lot of use for such in First Grade. The positive blade lock is a true expediency in the hands of Little People.

I particularly like the even Mylar polymer coated steel tape and heat tempered spring designed to provide long life and durability; despite being used now and again over several years and borrowed by fellow teachers who do more actual measurement using the tape as part of their teaching standards, work the tape and spring continue in first rate state.  The tape retracts as it should, locks into place, has yet to show signs of rust or other wear and remains as serviceable as when I first took it to my classroom.

The belt loop at the back of this particular unit has received little usage, however the one on Husband's home tape measure gets a real work out, and remains powerful and full-bodied. I do not anticipate a problem with this one.

Stanley's PowerLock Tape Systems featuring archetypal design stability and performance offer a dandy equilibrium between conventional Stanley design and revolutionary innovations in tool manufacture.

Planned for unproblematic use; the Stanley 16 X 3/4 Tape Measure determines a span of 16 feet designated in numerical readouts every 1/8 inch on the ½ inch metal tape.

Well made and long-lasting; Stanley's PowerLock assortment of tape measures offers a dandy selection of signature Stanley design and unsurpassed advances in implement production for discerning consumers.  There is one to fit the needs of every person needing a good measuring device.

Daddy's well used Stanley steel tape was the prototype for my own tool box.  Although, the term measuring tape was not one I heard used as a child; Daddy always referred to his own Stanley as the steel tape, and the term is the one I continue to this day, as with most habits, this one dies hard.

As with diverse Stanley products I have added to my home or classroom tool kits; I find this particular, nicely planned, clever device to be especially practical.  Each of my steel tapes proves to have a pleasingly positioned locking apparatus coupled with excellent tension for blade retracting.   My arthritic fingers can without difficulty activate the locking device without need for asking for help.  I like that.

Happy to recommend Stanley® Powerlock® 16' Ft Metal Case Tape Measure.  Made In The USA is always a selling point with me.

NOTE:  I have yet to test Stanley's limited lifetime warranty; have never had a need to do so and don't expect that I will.
======================

MEASURING WHEEL

=======================

12 FT TAPE

===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===========================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the  SEE IT button     And vendor links.

--------------------------------------------
From internet search including the Stanley site: About The Stanley Works:  The Stanley Works, an S&P 500 company, is a diversified worldwide supplier of tools and engineered solutions for professional, industrial, construction and do-it-yourself use, and access security solutions for commercial applications.

For over 165 years, the Stanley® brand has been synonymous with quality, reliable products.  Its well-known tool and storage brands include Stanley® as well as FatMax®, Facom®, Bostitch®, Jensen®, Mac®, Proto®, LaBounty®, Vidmar®, and InnerSpace®. Security Solutions brands include Stanley®, Best®, National®, HSM®, Blick® and Frisco Bay®.

In 1843, an enterprising businessman named Frederick Trent Stanley established a little shop in New Britain, Connecticut to manufacture door bolts and other hardware from wrought iron. Stanley's Bolt Manufactory was only one of dozens of small foundries and other backyard industries in town struggling to make a go of it by turning out metal products. But Stanley possessed a special innovative spirit and an uncommon passion for doing things right and his modest enterprise prospered and grew as The Stanley Works.

Today, 166 years after the company's founding, The Stanley Works is a worldwide manufacturer and marketer of tools, hardware and specialty hardware products for home improvement, consumer, industrial and professional use.

Stanley Consumer Tools and Storage
480 Myrtle Street
New Britain, CT 06053

Stanley Bostitch - Powerlock II Power Return Rule, 1 x 25ft, Chrome/Yellow 33-425 (DMi EA

Designed with the professional in mind. Secure lock helps prevent blade from creeping. Includes 16 and 19.2 stud center markings. Special Tru-Zero hoo...
Stanley Bostitch F21pl Round Head 1-1/2-inch To 3-1/2-inch Framing Nailer

Stanley Bostitch F21pl Round Head 1-1/2-inch To 3-1/2-inch Framing Nailer

Brand new in the original sealed retail box! 1-1/2-inch to 3-1/2-inch framing nailer; 1,050 inch-pounds of driving power; sequential and bump trigger ...

Stanley Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer

Stanley Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer

Tool converts to metal connector nailer in seconds with included tip Lightweight magnesium housing Tool free adjustable exhaust Patented push button d...
Stanley-Bostitch MFN-201 Manual Flooring Nailer

Stanley-Bostitch MFN-201 Manual Flooring Nailer

For installing 1/2 in., 5/8 in., and 3/4 in. hardwood floors. Selectable drive mode to choose between single or multi-blow options. Graphite mallet wi...

Stanley Bostitch F21pl 21 Degree 3-1/2-in Framing & Metal Connector Nailer

Stanley Bostitch F21pl 21 Degree 3-1/2-in Framing & Metal Connector Nailer

Search Search by Category ►Air Tools Compressors ►Automotive ►Cordless ►Drywall Lifts ►Generators ►Hand Tools ►Inside The Home ►Masonr...

Stanley-bostitch 3-1/2 Stick Frame Plain Nail 2k S16d131-fh

Stanley-bostitch 3-1/2 Stick Frame Plain Nail 2k S16d131-fh

Stanley-Bostitch 3-1/2 Stick Frame Plain Nail 2K S16D131-FH Information on Nail Compatibility is Available Online At Www.Bostitch.Com. Manufacturer:St...