-31%

Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Walmart.com
Free Shipping Walmart.com

Rock-A-Bye_Baby

Jan 11, 2008 (Updated Jan 11, 2008)

Pros:Swings and cradles, plays 16 soothing melodies, nature sounds to relax your baby

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A Mother's helper, relaxes and soothes your baby to a restful sleep, music and lights entertains her when she is awake.

Having 3 other children my daughter needed something that she could rely on to comfort her newborn when Dad was at work, Grandma was on the computer and she needed her hands to be free to get things done around the house.

The Fisher Price Butterfly Garden Papasan Cradle Swing was just what she was looking for. Its was perfect for her, a pretty pink swing surrounded by a net canopy for our precious little princess.

This Swing has been a Mother’s helper from day one and even today its still one way she can keep Brooke entertained for longer periods of time. Well worth the price she paid of $159.00.

My daughter had purchased this from BabiesRUs before Brooke was born, had it set up in her nursery as we anxiously awaited her arrival.

Before I begin I wanted to mention She did have a minor problem with this swing 2 weeks after Brooke was born, the musical mobile wouldn’t turn or play music. It worked for the first week, then just stopped. What a disappointment I told her, to have it set up for 2 months to last only a week.

She contacted BabiesRUs by phone and was told she needed the original receipt and the box that it came in to return it. She told them she didn’t want to return it she just wanted to exchange it for one that worked. She wanted to be sure they had one in stock before they took the long drive to the store.

To make a long story short she had to talk with a store manager and explain she had bought this months ago, she wasn’t sure where the receipt was or if they still had the box. The store manager proceeded to give her a hassle over the phone until I asked my daughter to hand me the phone. Even though she couldn’t find the original receipt she did go back into her bank records as I was speaking to the manager on the phone to see the exact date she had purchased it.

I explained to him on that particular day she had purchased almost $1000. 00 in merchandise in his store that she has her bank statement available. By the end of our discussion he was more than happy to exchange it.

They did find the original box, but not the receipt, she just printed up a copy of her bank statement to satisfy him and off they went to BabiesRUs. Not only that they took Brook along with them and he seen for himself she was just only 2 weeks old.

They brought the new swing home, daddy put it together in no time at all This swing has been used daily since the day she came home. Brooke loves her swing, she sleeps comfortable as it cradles her. Entertains her while she is awake A real Mother’s helper is the best way for me to describe how useful this is! Great for Mom to get things done around the house and still have her in full view.

The seat has 2-positions, one reclines farther back than the other, is padded for comfort. The pad comes off for machine wash and it does wash and dry nicely.

The Butterfly Sparkle Papasan Cradle Swing features two ways to swing There is a button on the front of the swing that you can press to change it from swinging front to back to cradling side to side. There are 6 speeds which work in swing or cradle mode. We usually set it on speed 2 it’s a slower pace seems to keep her content.

The beautiful pink color makes this the perfect girls swing. The seat has little butterflies on it and the white net canopy is trimmed in pink. Has a wide crotch harness to secure her from slipping out.

There is a mobile overhead with three plush butterflies that float up and down and rotate. There is also a dome overhead which projects light up butterflies above baby and onto the canopy that surrounds the seat.

Brooke has not gotten bored watching the little butterflies, she often sits and listens to the soothing melodies that play over and over as she watches them swirl over her head.

There was a couple of nights she was extremely fussy, her little nose was so stopped up, Mom used the aspirator to clear her nose and she still was fussing as she tried to lay her down for the night in her crib. She would rock her to sleep and as soon as she laid her flat in her crib minutes later she was fussing all over again. I suggested to my daughter to let her sleep in the swing in a recline position, I would sleep in the living room to keep an eye on her. She set her fussy little one in the swing and in a matter of a few sways she was sound asleep and slept through the night.

The swing has two music modes and two sound effects. There are 16 songs total: 8 daytime songs, 8 nighttime songs and two long play sounds. You hear the sounds of birds and crickets in between the music. It is very relaxing for me too at times when I sit in the recliner close by and have found myself dozing off to the sounds. You can control the volume to a soft low sound or turn it up to high. We have kept the music on low most of the time so it doesn’t interfere with the sound of the TV. Using the high setting is pretty loud and I feel unnecessary being so close to the baby’s ears.

You can customize baby's swinging experience by choosing motion only, music only, mobile only or any combination.

Lastly there is a bead bar on the feeding tray that snaps into place.

The metal frame is quite sturdy, the legs are pretty solid to keep our baby safe as she sways back and forth. I don’t have any fears of it collapsing as she swings. You can use batteries or it came with an AC Adapter. We have never used batteries because it has a permanent home in the living room and it stays plugged in.

The Fisher Price Butterfly Sparkle Papasan Cradle Swing gets a swinging 5 Star recommendation from this MississippiMom and Proud Grandma!

I hope this review was helpful to those interested in purchasing a comfortable yet sturdy Swing for there newborn.

Thanks for Reading!

The versatile Fisher-Price Butterfly Garden Papasan Cradle Swing is a handy accessory to encourage your baby to get ready for nap time or keep the chi...
This fun and dreamy Fisher-Price - Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing Periwinkle moves front to back and side to side, and has a comfy, nest-like two-posi...
Shop for Baby Swings from Hayneedle.com! It may not be time for your little one to go camping under the stars but the Fisher-Price Starlight Cradle Sw...
Hayneedle
Hayneedle

FIS1008: Features: -Color:Blue -Distressed:No -Material:Metal. Dimensions: -Overall Height - Top to Bottom:41 -Overall Width - Side to Side:28 -Overal...
FIS1007: Features: -Color:Pink -Distressed:No -Material:Metal. Dimensions: -Overall Height - Top to Bottom:40 -Overall Width - Side to Side:36
With floating butterflies that spin overhead, this comfycozy Butterfly Garden Papasan Cradle Swing from FisherPrice features a seat and head support t...
Toys R Us
With floating butterflies that spin overhead, this comfy-cozy Butterfly Garden Papasan Cradle Swing from Fisher-Price features a seat and head support...