Suave Daily Exfoliating Body Wash With Apricot Seeds And Coconut Extract, Bottle Pack of 6

~~ Suave Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash ~~

Aug 19, 2010

Pros:Delightful scent, lathers, cleans, affordable, doesn't dry skin

Cons:Only teeny tiny amount of exfoliation

The Bottom Line: Suave Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash is a great, affordable body wash that provides a teeny-tiny bit of gentle exfoliation.

It took me about three years to finish the stash of soaps and body washes in the bathroom cabinet.  Now that the stash is gone, I have the green light to purchase more ... ! ... with some restraint.  My first purchase was Suave Naturals Aproicot Exfoliating Body Wash.

The Product
Suave Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash is one of the body washes available in the Suave line.  It is packaged in a clear, 12 fluid ounce container with a flip top cap.  The body wash is available at stores such as Target and retails for about $2.

Suave States
"Infused with apricot and coconut extracts, Suave Natural Apricot Exfoliating gently helps remove dull looking skin to reveal visibly beautiful and deliciously scented skin.  Proven formula is gentle enough for everyday use.  Treat yourself and your skin to rich lather and silky smooth softness, with Apricot Exfoliating."

Ingredients
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyethylene, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract (Coconut), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), PPG 9, Ammonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxides, Mica, Red 4, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Yellow 6

Contact and Miscellaneous Information
- Website = www.suave.com
- Questions? Comments? 1-800-782-8301
- The Suave Promise
- Made in USA
- Bottle coded for recyling.

My Experience
I'm a big fan of Suave products because my favorite Suave products perform well at a great price.  I purchased Suave Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash for $1.50 since I had a 50 cent off coupon.

The body wash is packaged in a easy to use container that has a flip top lid for dispensing.  The Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash is a shimmery light pumpkin color with flecks of apricot seed ground.  The scent is fantastic; it's the main reason I chose the body wash.  It is a combination of apricot and coconut, which seems like an odd combination, but make a great scent.  The coconut scent is more pronounce than one would expect, but I love the scent so I do not mind.  I think those expecting more of an apricot scent would be a little disappointed in the scent of the Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash.

I use about two quarter size squeezes of the body wash into my hand-knit cotton washcloth.  The body wash produces a nice lather that is creamy and makes the entire bathroom smell like the tropics.  The Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash rinses away easily and cleanly and does not leave behind any residue on my skin.

There is a faint trace of the Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash on my skin after toweling off.  My skin does not feel dried out by the product.  I also noticed that my skin isn't exfoliated much from it either.  I didn't think the body wash would exfoliate much when I use the washcloth because it disperses the seed particles into the washcloth and then down the drain.  For some exfoliating, I dispense the body wash into my palm and then apply it directly to my skin.  This way creates a creamy lather as well and I can feel a tiny bit of exfoliation.  If one needed serious exfoliation, a body scrub would be a better option than the Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash because there just are not enough scrub particles.  However, as a daily "gentle" exfoliator (meaning a tiny bit is better than none), then the Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash does work given the proper application.

Suave Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash still earns 4 stars from me because it is inexpensive, smells great, produces a creamy lather, cleans, does some gentle exfoliation when applied directly to skin, and doesn't dry out my skin.  Thanks for another winner, Suave!

Overall Thoughts