Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets

Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets

Sep 24, 2006

Pros:Works better than most.

Cons:Hard for me to open.

The Bottom Line: An above average product that will give you the relief that you need.

When I signed on the dotted line for my present job, 5 years ago, I didn't realize that I would be exposed to every germ known to mankind and then some. Right now I have a cold, something I haven't had in years. Seems I have had everything else. I work in a health clinic, but not your ordinary clinic. We see a lot of communicable diseases. I started out in the back and never had contact with the patients then the Powers That Be decided I needed to be on the front lines.

There is nothing like asking a patient can I help you and they sneeze in your face or they come in with something really weird and you don't have time to take precautions.

About two weeks ago the sneeze in the face is what happened and now I have a cold. I was totally unprepared for this. I woke up about 5 days later with a stuffed up head and ears full of fluid. Yeah, just how I wanted to spend several days.

I needed something that wouldn't knock me on my rear, but would get rid of the congestion and something that I didn't have to try to remember during the day.

Someone in the clinic said they had very good luck with Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets. I stopped by the drugstore on my way home and picked up a box. I needed something because I was miserable.

I found the area where the Sudafed was and looked for the 12 hour non-drowsy. It wasn't hard to find because it is in a white box with blue on the end and 12 written in blue. This box has 20 caplets in it. You can also get a box with 10. These come in a blister pack and for me they are hard to open. I have leader damage in my right hand.

On the back of the box Pfizer gives the indications for what this product is used for.

Indications:
For the temporary relief of nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, and nasal congestion associated with sinusitis. Promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage; temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure. Temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose.

I have the congestion, and really need some relief so I don't have to breathe through my mouth like a panting dog

The directions state

Adults and children 12 years of age and over - one tablet every 12 hours, not to exceed two tablets in 24 hours. Sudafed 12 Hour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.

Store at 15 to 25C (59 to 77F) in a dry place and protect from light.

I picked up the box, paid for it and once I got to the car it was time to take one. I needed some relief of the congestion I had. My head felt like it was going to explode and what little brains I have would be all over the car.

Knowing I had only a 10 minute drive home, I knew I wouldn't feel any real relief by then. Once inside the house I decided I would take a warm shower and hit the bed until my husband came home from work; hopefully by then I would be feeling a little better. It was an hour and a half before my husband got home. He woke me and I noticed that I didn't have the huge band playing a march in my head, but I was still congested.

We had supper and I went back to bed and my husband said I snored all night because of the congestion. I don't know because I think I slept pretty good.

The next morning I feel I was somewhat less congested and it was time to take the second dose of the Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets.

When I got to work, I still didn't have the horrible headache and I wasn't hearing the swish of water in my ears. Must be working.

About noon after the second dose I was still congested, but it was so much easier to breathe and I didn't have the water fall in my ears.

As for the Non-drowsy part of the Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets, I did feel sleepy, but not drugged. I could function and have control of what I was doing. If you are going to drive, I would suggest that you take the medication at odd hours so that the drowsy feeling is gone.

The caplets are easily swallowed and didn't seem to cause stomach upset, for me. That I really liked. As for totally getting rid of the congestion, it didn't happen. Just made it easier to breathe which, to me, was a huge help.

The Sudafed 12 Hour, Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant, Coated Caplets is one of the better decongestants that I have found. At least it does clear up the water in the ears and helps you to breathe almost normally. I do have high blood pressure and it is under control and the medication did not make it go up.

Ingredients and Warnings:

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Each coated extended-release tablet contains: Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride (120 mg)

Inactive Ingredients: Carnuba Wax, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Titanium Dioxide, Printed with Edible Blue Ink

Drug Interaction Precautions:

Do not use this product if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you are uncertain whether your prescription drug contains an MAOI, consult a health professional before taking this product.

Warnings:

Do not exceed recommended dosage. If nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur, discontinue use and consult a doctor. If symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever, consult a doctor. Do not take this product if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland unless directed by a doctor. As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advise of a health professional before using this product. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.

Safety Sealed: This product protected with sealed blister units. Do not use if any are torn or broken.

Good Sense Nasal Decongestant PE Non-Drowsy 36 Tabs

Good Sense Nasal Decongestant PE Non-Drowsy 36 Tabs

Nasal Decongestant PE Non-Drowsy 36 Tabs - Maximum-Strength Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant PE tablets from Good Sense provide relief from sinus pressur...
Swanson Health Products

up&up Maximum Strength Nasal Decongestant Non-Drowsy 10 mg Tablets - 72 Count

up&up Maximum Strength Nasal Decongestant Non-Drowsy 10 mg Tablets - 72 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Up&up maximum strength nasal decongestant non-drowsy 10 mg tablets - 72 count

Equate Maximum Strength Non-Drowsy Nasal Decongestant PE Tablets, 10mg, 72 count

The Equate Maximum Strength Nasal Decongestant PE Tablets will have your nasal passages clear in no time. They bring temporary relief to nasal congest...

Advil Non-drowsy Pain Reliever/fever Reducer/nasal Decongestant, 20ct

Advil Non-drowsy Pain Reliever/fever Reducer/nasal Decongestant, 20ct

Temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with the common cold or flu: headache, fever, sinus pressure, nasal congestion, minor body aches and pa...

Sudafed PE Pressure + Pain + Mucus Non-Drowsy Caplets - 24 Count

Sudafed PE Pressure + Pain + Mucus Non-Drowsy Caplets - 24 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Relief from sinus congestion and excess mucus uses: temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with ha...

Sudafed Pressure And Pain Caplets For Adults, 24 Count

Sudafed Pressure And Pain Caplets For Adults, 24 Count

Sudafed PE pressure and pain maximum strength. Pain reliever, fever reducer and nasal decongestant. Relieves sinus pressure and congestion. Relieves s...

Nasal Decongestant PE Tablets - Model 80786 - Box of 72

Nasal Decongestant PE Tablets - Model 80786 - Box of 72

. Nasal Decongestant PE Tablets - Model 80786 - Box of 72. Manufacturer: Generic Products. Model Number: 80786. Sold by: Box of 72. Categorization: Ph...
Health Mart Pharmacy Nasal Decongestant Pe 36 Tablets

Health Mart Pharmacy Nasal Decongestant Pe 36 Tablets

Health Mart Pharmacy Nasal Decongestant PE 36 tablets Health Mart Pharmacy Nasal Decongestant PE 36 tablets, relieves sinus congestion, sinus pressure...

Afrin No Drip Nasal Decongestant 12 Hours Relief Pump Mist 0.5 oz

Afrin No Drip Nasal Decongestant 12 Hours Relief Pump Mist 0.5 oz

Original. Fast Powerful Congestion Relief. Maximum Strength. Colds. Allergies.
Herbspro.com

Afrin 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Pump Mist, No Drip, 0.5 Fl Oz

Afrin 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Pump Mist, No Drip, 0.5 Fl Oz

Afrin 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Pump Mist, No Drip, 0.5 Fl Oz Won't drip down nose or down throat.Fast, Powerful Congestion Relief Number One Brand i...