Sunbeam 2774 Blender Reviews

Sunbeam 2774 Blender

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

SUNBEAM KITCHEN ASSISTANT BLENDER ~~ Assists Well

Feb 14, 2008 (Updated Feb 14, 2008)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:stylish, compact, strong motor, does the job

Cons:no liquids or ice

The Bottom Line: It is helpful in my kitchen.

I remember when the Magic Bullet system was introduced on TV. It looked so helpful. However, it was more expensive than I wanted to spend for such a product that I wasn't sure of.

Well, the Sunbeam Kitchen Assistant isn't the Magic Bullet, however it is similar. The cost is quite a bit less, so I decided to try it. I purchased it at Walmart for $29.94.

I should note that the name of this blender here on Epinions is Sunbeam 2774 Blender, however it is also called the Kitchen Assistant. More information can be found on the Sunbeam website.

The set includes:
2 Large Mixing Containers
6 Small Mixing Containers
1 Blade Assembly
6 Storage Lids
2 Shaker/Sifter Lids
1 Base

Everything is made of plastic except for the base. The base is quite heavy and has small feet on the bottom which helps to grip the counter. Once in position, I never had a problem with it moving while I was using it. Everything is also dishwasher safe, except the base of course. Cleaning the base is easy with a damp cloth. The blade is made of stainless steel.

Color: Metallic silver with chrome accents for the base. The lids are black. It is quite stylish in my opinion.

I particularly like the mixing containers because they are clear and have a convenient measuring system on the side. I am on a restrictive diet and have to measure everything, so this makes that job much easier.

What can this do?
Dice
Puree
Grate
Mix

It specifically states in the instruction manual - Do not use to blend liquids or crush ice.

This is the only thing that I absolutely hate about this blender. It is one of the main reasons that I purchased it. However, it does a pretty good job with its other uses, that I decided to keep it instead of returning it to the store.

How to use:
Simply place your food into one of the containers, attach blade by screwing it into place. Place the container onto the base. Plug in the base. With your hand, press firmly down on the container. This starts the motor. The rest is up to you. Depending on how you want your food, press down on the container to the desired consistency. For a rough chop, it only takes about 2 seconds. For a finer dice, about 5 seconds. It also depends on how much is in the container. Don't over fill it or it will take longer and the consistency might not be uniform.

What can you place into the blender?
cooked meats, vegetables, hard cheeses, nuts, herbs. Basically, anything that you can put into a conventional food processor will go into the Kitchen Assistant (except liquids and ice), but on a smaller scale. Food items must be cut into smaller wedges before placing into the blender.

I make salsa, chicken and tuna salads, chop cheeses and nuts mostly.

You have to be careful when using it or you will pulverize your food. When I first used it, I turned my onions into mush. I had held down the container too long. The 220 watt motor is quite powerful.

Any leftover food in the containers can be stored in the refrigerator with one of the convenient lids.

Two of the lids are actually "shaker" lids. If you grind up your own spices or finely chop parmesan or a comparable cheese, use one of these lids and take it to the table with you. The shaker lids can be closed for storage in the refrigerator.

The longer I use it, the more uses I have found for it.

I can't say that I love this blender. It is helpful in the kitchen for those small items. I still wish I could use it for liquids, but I understand the reasoning. Since you place the containers upside down into the base, the liquid could spill out pretty easy. The lids are pretty secure, but with the motion of the unit while it is in use, the lids could possibly loosen, spilling the liquid into the base.

I like that it doesn't take up much room on my counter and is small enough to store easily in small places. It makes a really nice gift too.

Thanks for reading.

Sunbeam 6-Cup Blender - Black

Sunbeam 6-Cup Blender - Black

Find kitchen mix, blend, chop and slice appliances at Target.com! Make smoothies or shakes with this sunbeam blender. The six available speed options ...

Sunbeam 2 Speed, 250w, Hand Blender, With Stainless Steel Shaft

Stand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Sunbeam, Kitchen, Baking, Black

Stand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Sunbeam, Kitchen, Baking, Black

PRODUCT DETAILS · 12 variable speed settings · Soft grip handle · Bowl selector switch · Tilt locking head · On/Off speed light Sunbeam Mix master Sta...

Sunbeam 12 Speed Standmixer 002371-000-000

Sunbeam 12 Speed Standmixer 002371-000-000

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Sunbeam MixMaster stand mixer makes prep work easier and a lot more fun. Use the stand mixer for anything f...
Home Depot

Sunbeam Products Inc 12Spd Blender 6642 Blenders & Drink Mixers

Sunbeam Products Inc 12Spd Blender 6642 Blenders & Drink Mixers

Oster, 12 Speed Blende, With 5 Cup Glass Jar, Powerblend Stainless Steel Blade, All Metal Drive System, 450W Motor, Pulse Option & Cord Storage.
Oster 6629 10-speed Blender Brand

Oster 6629 10-speed Blender Brand

Oster, 10 Speed, Powerful 450W Motor, Blender, Exclusive All Metal Drive System, Large Capacity, 6 Cup, Break Resistant Plastic Jar

Sunbeam 12 Speed Standmixer 002594-000-000

Sunbeam 12 Speed Standmixer 002594-000-000

Home Depot

Hand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Hand Blender, Kitchen, Baking, Red

Hand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Hand Blender, Kitchen, Baking, Red

PRODUCT DETAILS · 250-watt hand mixer with 6 speeds · Features a burst of power function for those extra tough spots · Soft-grip handle keeps it stead...

Stand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Hand Blender, Kitchen, Baking, White

Stand Mixer, Food Processor, Blender, Hand Blender, Kitchen, Baking, White

PRODUCT DETAILS · 350 watts plus 12 speeds · Soft grip handle · Soft start technology · Tilt locking head with bowl selector switch · Includes chrome ...