Sunbeam RG12 Indoor Grill Reviews

Sunbeam RG12 Indoor Grill

Wonderful product

Feb 8, 2008

Pros:Fast and easy.

Cons:The parchment bags, necessary for grilling, are pricy. 35 bags for about 15 dollars.

The Bottom Line: A meat toaster--what a great idea.

This grill is basically a meat toaster. What a great idea! It is nice looking and I leave it on the counter all the time. It grills the meat vertically, as in a bread toaster. It really is as fast as the manufacturer describes; I use the ziplock steam bags for veggies, and this for meat, and make a healthy dinner of chicken breast or fish and vegetables in less than 10 minutes from start to finish, not including remembering to put the meat out to thaw earlier in the day. I splash on some sort of marinade when the meat or fish is thawing, and it tastes delicious. I also often throw some thin sliced onion into the parchment bag with the entree, and it comes out beautifully glazed, too.
I did try grilling chicken from frozen, once, but it was not tasty. I think the thawing is a necessary step, although I've seen online reviews where people feel otherwise. I have not tried making hamburgers or other beef in the grill; I've only used it for fish and chicken.
The grill I bought did not come with a booklet of recipes, although I read of such a booklet online. I wrote and asked Sunbeam for a recipe booklet...I was willing to pay for it...but they just sent it gratis. It have about 10 recipes in it if you want to do something more complicated. For me, simple marinade has been enough.

Most of us eat on the run, grabbing fast food, pizza, or microwave dinners. Yes, it's fast. But is it healthy and delicious? No way. Introducing the n...