Sunbeam RG12 Indoor Grill Reviews

Sunbeam RG12 Indoor Grill

I dig this contraption...

Mar 10, 2008 (Updated Mar 10, 2008)

Pros:Easy clean up. Grills food fast. Grease and fat are compartmentalized in disposable bags.

Cons:Proprietary bags must be used and there a little pricey.

The Bottom Line: I really like this grill. It cooks perfectly and clean up is a snap!

My girlfriend usually gives me the stink eye when I walk through the door with another contraption, but she loves the Rocket Grill. I have to admit, I'm a gadget junkie, so of course when I saw this at Walmart, there was no way I would be leaving the store without it. When you see kitchen cookers and gadgets on tv and wonder "who buys this stuff?"...well I'm the guy. I have another contact style grill (George Foreman type), but clean up is a pain. This thing works great and clean up is as easy as tossing the parchment bag into the trash. I've done everything from steak, burgers and fish to wraps of all sorts. Now, burgers and steaks come out okay, but I'm also a BBQ fanatic (I own at least 8 grills and smokers) and NOTHING comes close to grilling beef over charcoal, but that being said, when it was in the teens outside this weekend I spiced up a NY strip with Montreal seasoning and it was darn good 'nuff. Fish, chicken and pork chops and loins are excellent cooked on the Rocket. I even did some shrimp and it was good. If I lived in an apartment and couldn't fire up a real grill, this would be a must have item. If you buy one, the only recommendation I might offer is avoid the "frozen food" setting. The hot grill plates compress the livin' daylights out of your food. I've found the standard compression setting works the best.

Most of us eat on the run, grabbing fast food, pizza, or microwave dinners. Yes, it's fast. But is it healthy and delicious? No way. Introducing the n...