Suncast GS2000 Horizontal Utility Shed (044365009421) Reviews

Suncast GS2000 Horizontal Utility Shed (044365009421)

Free Shipping Zoro
Free Shipping Target
Free Shipping Wayfair Supply

I'm Temp-TED to buy another Suncast Shed!

Mar 23, 2011

Pros:Well made, easy to construct, and not too expensive.

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: If you are in need of portable, durable storage then you can't go wrong with the Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed. It works great and doesn't look bad.

Originally we bought the Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed as our outdoor storage facility. We had nothing to store our lawnmower in and the Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed worked well for that. When we built our larger shed a few years ago, we moved the Suncast to spot of yard closer to the head of the driveway. The Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed worked out perfectly for stowing our trashcans and recycling buckets.

Now I’m toying with purchasing another one. Not that there is anything wrong with ours. It is absolutely fine and working well. I just need somewhere to stash my baby stroller (NO – I’m not expecting. We have furry kids only). I bought a stroller off of Craigslist last summer and use it as a sort of cane/walker. I have mobility issues and this has been the easiest thing for me to use while trying to take our dog for a short walk. And I still have illusions of turning the carriage part into a safe means of transporting my cats during these excursions. But in the meantime, I would like to stick this baby buggy somewhere it won’t get battered by the weather.

So, I’m contemplating another Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed. Question is can I justify the expense for a $25 stroller? And, do I really have room for another one? The Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed isn’t cheap. When we bought ours about six years ago it was near $200. I have seen them on sale for under $150 but can’t validate purchasing one even at that price. Plus, at 30 cubic feet, it does take up space. The Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed measures approximately 3’ X 5’ and is around 3’ deep. I’m not positive that I have the land available let alone the aesthetics aspect to consider.

I do know how well the Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed performs. Besides providing an ample amount of dry storage space, it is easy to assemble. Hubby did it in less than 30 minutes, as I recall. And there were no tools required. Plus there was no swearing! He was actually quite pleased with himself and the shed once he had it built.

This is a solidly constructed item. The heavy duty plastic is tough and durable and doesn’t appear to be cheap of flimsy. I like the pale almond shade of the Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed it is a good neutral color. I also appreciate the ease of the flip up lid. Just pop it up and dump your rubbish into the cans inside. The prop rod (sort of like a bike’s kick stand) is especially helpful during our outdoor picnics and gatherings.  We keep the lid up but the two front panel doors closed so the unsightly garbage cans are hidden yet still easily accessible. And they roll out effortlessly when it is time to take them to the curb thanks to the ramped design of the shed’s floor.

I’m thrilled with our Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed and that is why I’m toying with the idea of buying another. Since this one has done so well, we did get the Suncast Storage Seat for my gardening gear. I love that one too! Suncast knows what they’re doing. They make sturdy, portable storage that keeps your stuff dry and tidy. And they’re readily available at most home improvement retailors as well as Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, and so on.

So, will I buy a second Suncast Horizontal Utility Shed? I’m not sure but I’m very tempted…

Horizontal Utility Shed, UnassembledOverall Height 3 ft. 3 In., Overall Width 4 ft. 8 In., Overall Depth 3 ft. 3-1/4 In.Inside Height 33 In., Inside W...
Zoro
Find sheds at Target.com! Store and protect items in your garage, patio or outdoors with the suncast horizontal utility shed. It's made of solid resin...
Suncast GS2000 This attractive outdoor shed is great for keeping the yard and your garage clutter free. Place trash cans up to 30 gallons, push mower...
Wayfair Supply