Suncast Horizontal Garden Shed (SUAGS3000) Reviews

Suncast Horizontal Garden Shed (SUAGS3000)

Free Shipping Hayneedle

Versatile outdoor, all weather storage shed

Sep 8, 2010

Pros:Sturdy, easily accessed, and customizable storage space, that keeps your items completely dry.

Cons:None noted, except that following assembly instructions is critical.

The Bottom Line: Completely reliable, long lasting outdoor storage, with easy access. My experience with 3 Suncast products has been 100% satisfactory.

This is my third Suncast storage device. I have a large deck box and a small storage bench. The box has 'lived' outdoors for many years, including a number of them in Minnesota. The bench has been in my screen porch for 4 years now, and it holds bird seed primarily, and doubles as a seat. The larger deck box is currently in the woods, in some wetlands. My point here is that I have had such great satisfaction with Suncast items that I bought this third item, a shed, with complete faith in it. It has not disappointed. I have this latest one behind a solid vinyl fence on the side of my house, and it holds a ton!
The shed comes in a box, unassembled, as all of the others did. No tools are required for assembly, since these all just snap together or slide together. This particular item took a little more time, and care to be sure that each part was put together correctly. The parts are very hard to take apart, but I did in fact have to do that a couple of times with some of the sub-assembly. Instructions are clear, and pictures are easy to see. Each part is clearly identified with a letter, and following the instructions will result in correct assembly.

Suncast has a way of designing their products so that even when outdoors completely unprotected rain does not enter them. that is NOT to say that they are airtight or even water tight. I AM saying that I have never had any rain water enter any of my Suncast products.

This shed is rather large, and I had a neighbor with a truck get it, since it would not fit in my car trunk. I got it at Sears, and they could have delivered it for a fee. The box was over 100 lbs also, so it took 2 people to move it around.

This item has 2 front-hinged doors, and a roof that lifts up, with a support arm to hold it open. You access the interior by lifting the lid (roof) using the prop arm to hold it open, then opening one or both of the front doors. It did not have any shelving, but I cut a couple of 8 inch wide boards to lenght and laid them across the shed, near the top for more versatile use of the space. The shed does have a number of braces built into the side to put shelves on. I believe you could also purchase some from suncast, but using inexpensive wood is easier and cheaper.

I store a number of closed containers in here, as well as fertilizer and yard chemicals, as well as some lawn chairs and birding supplies. It allowed me to free up quite a bit of garage space on the walls. Items stored in it are of course subject to any humidity issues that any item stored outdoors is, but they do stay completely dry.

The shed has an integral floor, with a ramped lip on it in front to make rolling items into or out of it easier. Before assembly I laid a number of concrete blocks on the ground to ensure that the shed would be above grade, and stable. I had one corner that was not as flat as I wanted to I placed a 2X4 under that area and it worked to make the shed stable. The floor is easily strong enought to walk on, and the entire shed it made of quite thick material, so puncturing it should not be possible under normal use.

When completely closed there is a hasp on top under the roof, and I use a padlock to secure it. At the bottom of the right door there is a peg-like device that you push down on to keep the doors tight. Since the shed is made of vinyl I have no illusions that it could not be broken into, but to do one would have to cut thru the hasp, which is not an easy place to access. It is not a highly secure space such as a garage is, but I am not storing any thing of much value in it either.

I feel the Suncast products are a good value, and offer maximum protection from the elements. They hold up VERY well, and are easy to assemble, and very sturdy. I hightly recommend them.

45Cuft Horz Storage Shed: Storage Shed Horizntl Resin Ezee Building Horizontal Hrzntl Utility Plastic 45Cuft Hrzntal
Horizontal Utility Storage Shed
Shop for Sheds and Storage from Hayneedle.com! Dimensions:Exterior dimensions: 4.58W x 3.08D x 4.65H feetInterior dimensions: 4.08W x 2.58D x 4.17H fe...
Hayneedle

Hayneedle
Suncast GS3000 This attractive outdoor shed is great for keeping the yard and your garage clutter free. Place unused items or store your lawn mower i...
Wayfair