Sundown Naturals Sundown High Potency D3 Vitamin D 1000 IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgel 100 ea (Sundown) Supplement Reviews

Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 Fast Acting Liquid Softgels - What's not to love?

Dec 19, 2011

Pros:Affordable, very easy to swallow, no side effects, boost D3 levels, no chemicals

Cons:Not as easy to find as some other brands

The Bottom Line:  Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000 IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels are easy to swallow, don't upset the stomach, and are affordable. I take 4 a day!

I generally take Nature's Bounty Vitamin D3 softgels for my severe deficiency but there was a sale on Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels so I picked up a few bottles. These are easy to swallow, smell neutral, and are doing the job. My D3 level is normal. I don't really have a preference between the two softgels so I will buy the cheapest ones since I do need 4000IU a day.

About the Product

These supplements contain no aartificial color, flavor, sweeteners, preservatives, sugar, starch, milk, lactose, gluten, wheat, yeast, fish, or sodium.  They are straight up D3 with just soybean oil, gelatin,  and vegetable glycerin. Gelatin isn't something I LOVE but it is seemingly necessary for soft and/or chewy supplements. These supplements are tiny light yellow softgels that go down easily. I take all four at one time and have absolutely no problems swallowing them. There is no odor and I have not had stomach upset.

Packaging

Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels come in a bottle of 100. They also sell a bottle of 5000IU softgels as well but my sweet spot appears to be 4000IU daily. The plastic bottle has an orange tint and the top is a push down and screw off orange plastic one. The softgels are very small and soft with no odor.

My Experience

When I learned that I was severely deficient in Vitamin D, I had to take a mega dose for a while then was able to purchase whatever brand I wanted as long as it was D3. I needed to take 4000IU a day in whatever way I chose. I could break the doses up or take them all at once. Since this supplement isn't water soluble and won't flush out quickly like Vitamin C, taking all 4000IU at once is fine. It will stay in my system and not flush out.

I like Nature's Bounty brand and they have the exact same ingredients as these. However, unless I get them on sale (Usually a BOGO sale), Sundown is less expensive by a a buck or so per bottle.

I usually take all four softgels at once but when I remember, I will take two at lunch and two at dinner just to spread out the doses a little although it isn't necessary. These softgels are indeed tiny. I can swallow them without water! I generally just take all four and wash them down with a few sips of water.

I have not experienced any sort of stomach upset or any other negative side effects from  Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels. I have taken these on both a full and an empty stomach with equally benign results.

The only true way to know if these work is to have a blood test which I have to have every four months. As it so happened, I was taking this brand for three months when I had my last D3 blood level test and I got the thumbs up from my doctor. My D3 level, even now that it's much darker out and I have very little sunshine to add to my deficit, is spot on. These do exactly what they should do and that is to supplement my body with the D3 that I need.

Because Vitamin D3 is hard to get in most foods and only really prevalent with unprotected (as in no sunscreen) sun exposure, most people should take a supplement. Although the RDA is a low 400IU daily for most people, more and more doctors are suggesting 1000 or even 2000IU of D3 to patients for general health maintenance. D3 has been proven to help ward off some cancers, promote colon and pancreas health, aid in keeping and building strong bones, and even elevate mood. My doctor calls this supplement a miracle one and says that every day new studies are showing greater benefits of taking more than the low RDA.

With Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000 IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels, getting enough of this vital and elusive supplement is easy and affordable. I will continue to buy these or Nature's Bounty brands as I like the tiny softgels over pills that can irritate the stomach lining. These seem to release more and get into my system faster as well.

Buying Info

You can purchase Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels at drugstores and mass-market stores as well as online at some drug and health products stores. These aren't as easy to find in brick and mortar stores as other brands for some reason. Once you do find them, I suggest stocking up. They have a long shelf life and having them on hand will encourage you to take these regularly. The cost varies but is about $5.99 or less per bottle of 100 softgels. For most people, that is enough for 100 days. For me, that covers almost a month's worth of needed Vitamin D3. That's quite a bargain. Nature's Bounty D3 softgels are more expensive at about $7.50 for 120 softgels.

The Verdict

I like Sundown High Potency Vitamin D3 1000IU Fast Acting Liquid Softgels very much. I have not had any problems with them and my D3 level is normal when it was very, very low before I started supplementing. These supplements are super easy to swallow and don't cause my stomach any issues. They work and I feel protected from many diseases and illnesses that Vitamin D3 can ward off. My bones and teeth are strong and healthy as well. I have to go with 5 stars. What's NOT to love?

4 Pack Sundown Naturals Vitamin B6, High Potency, 100

4 Pack Sundown Naturals Vitamin B6, High Potency, 100

Sundown Naturals Vitamin B6, High Potency, 100 mg, Tablets, 100 tablets (Pack of 4).

Sundown Naturals High Potency Biotin 1,000 mcg 60 Tabs

Sundown Naturals High Potency Biotin 1,000 mcg 60 Tabs

High Potency Biotin 1,000 mcg 60 Tabs - Get high potency metabolic support with Sundown Naturals High Potency Biotin tablets. Each tiny tablet serves ...
Swanson Health Products

Sundown Naturals High Potency Mineral Supplement Tablets - 200 Count

Sundown Naturals High Potency Mineral Supplement Tablets - 200 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Sundown naturals perfect iron tablets help enhance the red blood cell production. They use the pure form ...

Sundown Naturals High Potency D3 Vitamin D 1000 IU Softgels - 100 ct
Sundown Naturals High Potency B Super Maxi Vitamin Suppliment Caplets - 200 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Stay healthy and fit using sundown naturals super b maxi complex caplets. They have a vegetable formula a...

Sundown Naturals High Potency Vitamin Supplement Softgels - 400 Count

Sundown Naturals High Potency Vitamin Supplement Softgels - 400 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Just a daily dose of vitamin d3 can help overall healthespecially bone and immune system health. Suppleme...

Yeast Free B-100 Complex (60 tablets) by Sundown Naturals

Yeast Free B-100 Complex (60 tablets) by Sundown Naturals

This high-potency B 100 Complex delivers 11 B factors in convenient caplets. Sundown has developed a variety of B Vitamin Complexes to suit your indiv...
4AllVitamins

Calcium Magnesium and Zinc (100 caplets) by Sundown Naturals

Calcium Magnesium and Zinc (100 caplets) by Sundown Naturals

Looking for extra support for your bones?It's right here: Sundown offers a high-potency Calcium Magnesium and Zinc supplement that delivers 1000 mg Ca...
4AllVitamins