Sunridge Farms Thin-Sliced Almonds, 4 oz Bags ( ) (Sunridge Farms)

KITCHEN: Thin Sliced Almonds

Jan 7, 2013

Pros:

ALMONDS NO PRESERVATIVES

Cons:NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line:

SunRidge™ Farms & DW Green® Company Thin Sliced Almonds, generated from the finest almonds to assure the finest end product, and packed in 4 ounce bags are a complete natural food having no added flavors, no trans fats or artificial preservatives are rich in protein.

The SunRidge Farms package is especially attractive showing a blue sky fading into rolling hills and out across the valley where a cornucopia of tree, vine and truck crops are portrayed.  SunRidge Farms appears in yellow lettering is above the tawny sun coming up over the hills, below the sun a banner with the words ALL NATURAL, California SLICED ALMONDS above a selection of the nutmeats  is eye catching and noticeable.

All natural, thin sliced almonds from this producer are a dandy ingredient for epicurean cooking and baking.  Growing up inCalifornia’sSan JoaquinValleyalmonds were a commodity I saw on a daily basis.  Orchards filled with trees having snowy blossoms in spring become leafy and green during summer and finally fall brings the harvest of thin shelled tasty nutmeats for snacking and cooking.

The almond tree in our yard was one of the standards in Daddy’s small orchard.

This healthy snack typifies SunRidge Farms organic nuts and seed offerings; these items have no additives, artificial colors or flavors or preservatives.  I like that this producer does  not use hydrogenated oils. Almonds are a tasty, natural food item offering high fiber, nutritious  protein, and extraordinary flavor.

Sunridge Farms certified organic nuts and seeds are selected from premier orchards and fields searching for the most delicious, fresh tasting premier quality nuts and seeds to be had. Good health is more easily reached when the diet includes products having excellent fiber, mineral and protein content.

Almond nutmeats, wrapped in a thin, woody, easily broken shell, are the edible, elliptical seed of the almond tree.  The almond nut in the shell strongly resembles the appearance of the pit of a peach; cousin to the almond.  The peach pit is smaller and harder, it can not be broken by hand is the almond shell.  The peach pit when opened reveals a seed shaped as is the almond and has the fragrance of the almond, on the other hand it is bitter to the taste if eaten raw.  The two trees are in human terms, cousins.

Almonds are tasty when processed, eaten from the tree, baked, raw; it doesn’t matter much, they are just good. Most are processed before they are eaten.

Thin sliced almonds, are a perfect addition for desserts, salads and entrees.   Sliced Almonds are a dandy ingredient for epicurean baking and cooking; I remember well the lovely cakes, one and two layer produced by smith’s Bakery inBakersfield, Ca… I would often stop on my way to school or home again, and never passed an opportunity to purchase on of their cakes embellished with sliced almonds.  They were a simple white layer with a delicious white icing and top and sides were covered in sliced almonds. Haven’t been back to Bakersfield in years, don’t know if Smith’s Bakery is still there, but oh those almond cakes!

I like almonds very much and have eaten them raw from the tree, plain, candy coated asJordanalmonds, yogurt and chocolate covered, sliced, chopped and as marzipan.

Pajaro –Bird- California Sunridge Farms states their company is committed, to the betterment of all living beings on our planet.  I like that.

While I was born in the Bay Area; that is not where I grew up.  Growing up in the San Joaquin Valley, California near Visalia, Tulare County, and then moving to Bakersfield, Kern County as a young adult;  I lived in the heart of almond country most of my life.  From north ofSacramentoright on through the valley toBakersfieldalmond orchards can be seen.

In our –back yard- during my childhood we had an almond tree along with all the other trees, vines and garden Daddy grew.  It was much the same in every back yard in the area where we lived.

All through the Central Valley will be found one orchard after another; many are almond and especially so in Kern County.  During spring the scene resembles a snowscape as the trees blossom.  Belonging to co-ops is an almond farmer's way of life.  Almonds progress from orchards through the Receiving Stations and then on to processing plants; almonds are grown and once harvested are hauled to Receiving Stations located up and down the Valley.

Harvested Almonds are trucked to hulling/shelling facilities where a leathery outer protective hull, if it remains, is removed and, in many instances, the woody semi hard shell surrounding the nutmeat will also be removed.  Almonds are then taken for further processing which includes sorting and grading of the nutmeats.

Almond processing continues as nutmeats become one or another variety of almond based products; including blanched, cubed, chopped, crosscut, diced flaked, flaked, flavored, roasted, sliced, slivered, split, smoked, or even pounded into marzipan paste.  The almonds are tested and re-tested throughout the processing.

And, some, will become  SunRidge Farms’ Sliced Almonds while others are processed and packaged as other varieties.

For more than 25 years SunRidge Farms has been dedicated to their commitment for bringing supremacy and excellence to organic and natural foods; and as such, is one of the most widely recognized and trusted names in bulk and packaged foods.

NOTE: little is wasted:  almond shell is used as filler for children’s toys and other products.

Happy to recommend SunRidge™ Farms, Thin Sliced California Almonds.

MORE SUNRIDGE REVIEWS

=====================
SUNRIDGE Yogurt Almonds

SUNRIDGE Yogurt Raisins

SUNRIDGE CRANBERRY  MIX

PINEAPPLE RINGS

=====================

INGREDIENTS: Almonds

Allergen Information:  tree nuts, processed in facility also processing peanuts and other tree nuts.

Nutrition Information :  PER 11 PIECES

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin

For product information please click the SEE IT BUTTON

---------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding SunRidge Farms Publishers Company Incorporated.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are manufactured and by whom, where they are offered for sale, safety standards regarding materials used and suitability for classroom usage due to expertise of the manufacturer and product designers,  or other pertinent information;

Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

---------------------

Internet search including the SunRidge Farms website indicates: Over the years, the SunRidge Farms name has become one of the most widely recognized and trusted names for organic and all natural nuts & seeds, dried fruit, candies, and snacks & trail mixes.

Within each SunRidge snack categories is offered some of the best mixes on earth; consumers who enjoy the taste and texture of nuts and seeds, will find offered a full line of certified organic and natural nuts & seeds that are vigilantly chosen from foremost orchards.

And, each and every one of our nut products is free of additives, artificial flavors, and preservatives. Our certified organic and natural cranberries, apricots, mango, pineapple, papaya, crystallized ginger, raisins, and more offer the natural sweetness only nature can provide. And, SunRidge Farms'™ tropical fruits are guaranteed to have no added sulphites, and do not contain hydrogenated oils, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

SunRidge Farms™
423 Salinas Road
Royal Oaks, CA 95076

Sunridge Farms Thin-Sliced Almonds 4-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Thin-Sliced Almonds 4-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Thin-Sliced Almonds 4-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - Sunridge Farms all natural thin sliced almonds are a perfect ingredient for gourmet bak...
Sunridge Farms Juice-Sweetened Pineapple Rings 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Juice-Sweetened Pineapple Rings 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Juice-Sweetened Pineapple Rings 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - Our SunRidge Farms All Natural Dried Fruits: Contain no artificial flavors ...
Sunridge Farms Organic Jolly Beans 9 Ounce Bag (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Organic Jolly Beans 9 Ounce Bag (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Organic Jolly Beans 9 Ounce Bag (Pack of 12) - USDA Organic. Certified organic by QAI. Our SunRidge Farms Organic Candies & Confections...
Sunridge Farms Dried Unsulphured Cranberries 5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Dried Unsulphured Cranberries 5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Dried Unsulphured Cranberries 5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - Dried Unsulphured Cranberries are great for salads with entrees for baking an...
Sunridge Farms Spicy Pumpkin Seeds 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Spicy Pumpkin Seeds 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Spicy Pumpkin Seeds 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - Our SunRidge Farms All Natural Nuts & Seeds: Contain no preservatives artificial flavor...
Sunridge Farms Wasabi Samurai Mix 5.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Wasabi Samurai Mix 5.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Sunridge Farms Wasabi Samurai Mix 5.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - SunRidge Farms All Natural Snack and Trail Mixes: Provide a high protein high fiber an...
Sunridge Farms Fancy Whole Roasted Salted Cashews 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

Sunridge Farms Fancy Whole Roasted Salted Cashews 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

Sunridge Farms Fancy Whole Roasted Salted Cashews 8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6) - All natural. Our SunRidge Farms All Natural Nuts & Seeds: Contain no pres...
Sunridge Farm Organic Get up and Go Snack Mix 10-Pound

Sunridge Farm Organic Get up and Go Snack Mix 10-Pound

Sunridge Farm Organic Get up and Go Snack Mix 10-Pound - Sunridge Farm Organic Get Up And Go Snack Mix 10-Pound(Note: This Product Description Is Info...