Sunshine Cheez It Baked Snack Crackers 16 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6)

Cheez It Crackers

Jan 14, 2008

Pros:Light cheesy taste, crispy and satisfying

Cons:High sodium content

The Bottom Line: Cheez-It snack crackers are a great tasting snack food. Just watch out for the fat grams!

My husband and I did some grocery shopping over the weekend, and as usual when he comes along, we end up with a lot of "junk food". My husband likes to snack a lot, and I do too, that's why I don't often buy Cheez-It crackers, because I can't resist them when they are around. We purchased a 16 ounce box on Saturday, and they were gone by Sunday evening!

Description

The 16 ounce box actually shows the actual size of a Cheez-It. They measure about 1" square, and have a small hole in the center of the cracker.

The front of the box states that these crackers contain 100% real cheese, and that they are made with skim milk.

They are sold in a 16 ounce read box, with Cheez-It scrolled in white letters. A large wedge of cheddar cheese appears on the package, surrounded by a mass of the little crackers.

Ingredients

Enriched wheat flour, vegetable oil, skim milk cheese, 2% or less of milk, salt, paprika, yeast, paprika for color, cheese cultures, soy lecithin.

Nutrition Facts

Protein: 4g
Calcium: 4% daily value
Iron: 4% daily value

Thoughts

I love cheese, and often reach for Cheez-It snack crackers to indulge that craving. I also love Cheeto's snacks, but don't care for the orange colored fingers they leave me with.

Cheez-It snack crackers are baked to cut down on fat, although they aren't exactly a healthy snack if you aren't eating them in moderation (like my husband and I this past weekend!).

The nutritional panel now shows that they contain zero trans fat, which are the bad fats. This is a refreshing change, since Cheez-It's did formerly contain trans fats.

The taste is indeed very flavorful, with a subtle cheese taste and just the right amount of salt, although I do find I need a glass of water or other beverage near by when I am eating these.

They are thin and incredibly crispy fresh and crispy. The crunch factor is important to satisfy my munchies, and these don't disappoint.

These are addictive snack crackers! Once the box has been opened, both my husband and I find ourselves grabbing handfuls of them, until before we know it the box is empty. (How did that happen so fast?)

The Cheez-It crackers should be eaten all by themselves. I feel they are too small to use in dips, or to serve topped with other foods as you would do with larger crackers.

One 16 ounce box was on sale for $2.50, and the one pound box is a bit deceptive. When I took the bag out of the box, it was only 1/2 full of crackers, the rest was air!

I feel that the wording "Made With Skim Milk" is a little deceptive. Seeing those words, and knowing that these crackers are baked and not fried, one might think they are actually a healthy snack. However, the 8 grams of fat is really quite high.

Still, these are one of my favorite snack crackers, and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes cheese flavored snacks.

Cheez-It Trivia

This snack has quite a history! I was curious how long this snack has been on the market, because I remember eating these when I was a kid 40 plus years ago. According to the answers.com website, the name was patented in 1921 by the Green & Green Company.

The Sunshine Biscuit Company acquired Green & Green in 1902. In 1996 the Keebler Company bought out the Sunshine Company. Keebler was in turn acquired by Kellogg's in 2001. The Cheez-It box still boasts the "Sunshine" name.

Sunshine Cheez-it Original Baked Snack Cracker Grab Bags w/ Recloseable Zipper of 7 Oz - 6 Pack. . . - - 90 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED GUARANTEE. You can ...
Sunshine Cheez-It Snack Mix Double Cheese Snack Crackers, 9.75 oz

Sunshine Cheez-It Snack Mix Double Cheese Snack Crackers, 9.75 oz

Sunshine Cheez-It Snack Mix features a delicious treat that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. These Double Cheese Snack Crackers come together in a del...

Sunshine Cheez-it Cheddar Jack Baked Snack Cracker Grab Bags w/ Recloseable Zipper of 7 Oz - 6 Pack

Sunshine Cheez-it CHEDDAR JACK Baked Snack Cracker Grab Bags w/ Recloseable Zipper of 7 Oz - 6 Pack. . . - - 90 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED GUARANTEE. You ...
Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers Provolone Baby Swiss Or Pepper Jack Flavor

Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers Provolone Baby Swiss Or Pepper Jack Flavor

SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT BAKED SNACK CRACKERS ALL MADE WITH 100% REAL CHEESE CHOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING:* CHEEZ-IT PROVOLONE FLAVOR - 12.4 OZ BOX * CHEEZ-IT PE...

Sunshine Cheez-it Baked Hot & Spicy Snack Cracker w/ Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce 2 Value Packs of 8/1.5 Oz. - 16 INDIVIDUAL BAGS TOTAL. . . - - 90 DAY ...
Sunshine Cheez It Snack Mix Baked Snack Assortment 10.5 Oz

Sunshine Cheez It Snack Mix Baked Snack Assortment 10.5 Oz

Sunshine Cheez It Baked Snack Mix Snack Assortment Auction is for one 10.5 oz Package Snack Mix ******************************************** Combined ...

Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, White Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bags, Box Of 6

Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, White Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bags, Box Of 6

Made of 100% real cheese - a great snack! Packaged in single-serving bags to ensure freshness. Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, White Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bag...
Office Depot

Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bags, Box Of 6

Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bags, Box Of 6

Made of 100% real cheese - a great snack! Packaged in single-serving bags to ensure freshness. Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers, Cheddar, 3 Oz. Bags, Box...
Office Depot