Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers - 3 lb Box (Cheez It)

Good Snack Food - Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers

Jan 12, 2012

Pros:small, taste, crunchy, easy to take anywhere, eat anywhere

Cons:high carbs, plastic bags inside the box

The Bottom Line:

Young and old alike will enjoy Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers. They are a nice size and are filling.

I am always looking for snacks that the whole family enjoys. If our whole family likes a snack, I can usually buy in bulk and save money. Everyone in our family likes to eat Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers. So when I am at BJ’s I normally pick up a three pound box.

The three pound box of Cheez-It Crackers looks like any other cheez-it box but it is larger. It is orange with white lettering with Cheez-Its and cheese on it.  The box is made of cardboard. Inside the box are two plastic type 24 ounce packages of Cheez-Its. Each bag contains a bunch of Cheez-It Crackers. Each cracker is orange and about one inch square. Each cracker has a tiny hole in the middle. You can easily pick a cracker out of the box and fit it into your mouth. Actually you can put a few in your mouth at one time.

Cheez-It Crackers come in many different flavors and size boxes and bags. I have seen cheddar jack Cheez-It Crackers, hot and spicy, Italian four cheese, parmesan and garlic, pepper jack, reduced fat and white cheddar. We have tried a few of the other varieties but the original Cheez-It Cracker is one of our favorites. You can also get Cheez-It Crackers in different shapes. When my children were smaller I remember buying Shrek Cheez-It Crackers. You can pick up boxes in most grocery stores and bags in convenience stores and vending machines.

A serving of Cheez-It Crackers is 27 crackers, which I think it is a nice filling serving. There are 150 calories in a serving with 70 coming from fat. There are 8 g of fat, 230 mg of sodium, 17 g of total carbs and 4 g of protein. So Cheez-It Crackers aren’t the best snack if you are watching your carbs but since we don’t eat them every day, I don’t worry too much about that. On the box it claims they are made with 100% real cheese.

The ingredients in Cheez-It Crackers are enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate [vitamin b1], riboflavin [vitamin b2], folic acid), soybean and palm oil with tbhq for freshness, skim milk cheese (skim milk, whey protein, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto extract for color), salt, contains two percent or less of paprika, yeast, paprika oleoresin for color, and soy lecithin. The ingredients and nutritional information were taken from the box. These are subject to change so please read the box before purchasing.

I love that Cheez-It’s are individual crackers that are easy to eat and take anywhere. Even though I purchase the three pound box I put them in baggies so I can take them with me when we travel or along with me when I am running errands. I also like to throw a bag in with my lunch about once a week. I like that you can eat them anywhere. You can eat them at home, at the movies, in your car or at your desk. I always liked Cheez-It’s for my children when they were younger too. They still enjoy them now that they are older but Cheez-Its were an easy snack to take along.

Since they are crackers if you drop them and step on them they can get rather messy but they are not messy to eat. I like that Cheez-It don’t make my fingers orange when I eat them like other orange snacks do.

You can also make other snacks with Cheez-Its. It is time consuming but we have put peanut butter on them and made sandwiches. My husband has also put them in tomato soup. We have also eaten them instead of chips with a sandwich for lunch. We mostly eat them as snacks or between meals to tide us over.

I purchase the three pound box of Cheez-It Crackers at BJ’s for $7.99. They do not sell this big of a box in my grocery store. You can purchase smaller boxes and the single bags at my grocery store. Occasionally you can find coupons for Cheez-Its so if you have a coupon and your store puts them on sale, you may be able to get them cheaper.

The only thing I don’t like about the three pound box is the bags that they come in. I wish the bags had a Ziploc top so they would stay fresh longer. Once we open a bag I put them in a Ziploc bag so I don’t have an issue with them getting stale  but it would be nice if I didn’t have to transfer bags. I just don’t like the plastic type bags that you need to fold over as the crackers don’t seem to stay fresh as long.

Young and old alike can enjoy Cheez-It crackers. They are a nice size and are filling. My family enjoys eating them and I would recommend the Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers in the three pound box to others.

Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers 3lbs

Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers 3lbs

Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE! These are removed from original factory box and repacked to save as much as possible o...

Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers; Original, 4.5 oz., 14/pk

Sunshine Cheez-it Cheddar Crackers 48oz, Obo,

Sunshine Cheez-it Cheddar Crackers 48oz, Obo,

Sunshine Cheez-It Cheddar Crackers 48oz, OBO, NEW Features:Baked Cheddar Crackers Made with 100% real cheese Two 24oz. Bags 2 Bags per box 1 Box Model...

Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers, 36/1.5oz. Pouches

Sunshine Cheez-it Crackers, 36/1.5oz. Pouches

Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers, 8 Packs/Box - KEB21163

Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers, 8 Packs/Box - KEB21163

Get a lightly spiced, sharp-cheese flavor with your cracker crunch. Made with 100% real cheese. 0g trans fat. Description: Food type: Crackers. Flavor...
Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers; Pepper Jack Cheddar, 3 oz., 16/pk