WX2-66371

Have Freedom with the Swedish Military Parka with Liner

Jul 5, 2009 (Updated Jul 5, 2009)

Pros:Best jacket or parka I have ever owned.

Cons:Currently available only in sizes medium and large.

The Bottom Line:

Be prepared for winter and buy one today.

This Swedish Military Parka with Liner weighs over six pounds and is an absolute Godsend for me as I like to be out in the Fall and Winter to breathe in some fresh crisp cold air out in the woods.

About Used Swedish Mil. Parka with Liner, O.D.

The Heavy - duty "veteran" Swedish Mil. Parka has two cargo pockets on the front (are plain and simple with no fleece in them), full button front, detachable fleece lining, waist cinch cord, the cuffs are adjustable by changing to one of the two buttons [inner button (tighter) or outer button (looser)] on the sleeve of the parka, Classic Military Olive Drab Green in color, and the parka may be worn as an over coat when the fleece liner is removed. I am tall and the parka comes down to right above my knee, and for someone who is shorter than six feet it will go below their knees or at least on my friend who borrowed it.

What I Like

I like that it keeps me warm when it is near freezing with slight breeze and high humidity (around 70% - 85% humidity). I like that the two cargo style pockets are big enough to hold gloves, snacks, and my hands all at the same time. Another positive would be the fact that it has a cinch cord at the waist to lock out the cold and it works excellently. I love that it has a full button up front so you can choose how warm you want to be. I also like that it is the best Parka or Jacket that I have owned, so far in the context of keeping me toasty warm compared to other cheaply made jackets/parkas that just do not retain enough warmth.  It is machine washable and should be dried in the dryer on low heat. This is an Authentic Swedish Military Parka and does not have any frills or bells & whistles that is made for consumers, but for the warmth you get from it is a outdoorsman's bargain hunters dream come true.

What I Do Not Like

The only thing I do not like is the fact that the pockets open from the top, making it not as comfortable (as it could be) to put hands in the pockets.

Material Content

The Swedish Military Parka with Liner is composed of heavy gauge cotton blend which includes the liner and parka itself.

Durability

Seeing how mine was used when I purchased it and has held up over the past two years during the Fall occasionally and regularly during the Winter, and has no visible signs of wear and tear. I would honestly expect this Swedish Parka to last a decade at least, if not a lifetime.

Construction

The construction is solid with no flaws noticed in the two years that I have owned it, and I have not had a single loose thread or any other problem.

Place of Manufacture

Made in Sweden.

Would I Buy Again

I would most definitely buy it again, provided they had my size still. It has kept me warm on some of the most bitterly wet cold nights here in Greater Pensacola AreaFlorida. Wet cold is a phenomenon caused by the Arctic winds blowing from Canada and living relatively close to the Gulf of Mexico that provides a constant source of humidity.

Recommend

I would recommend this olive drab colored Swedish Military Parka 100% of the time to anyone who desires to have a jacket that will keep you warm.