Swingline LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler Reviews

Swingline LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler

SwinglineŽ LightGripTM Reduced Effort Stapler

Nov 12, 2009

Pros:tiny, powerful

Cons:refill often, tedious, not a real con

The Bottom Line: I do not find the petite, mebbe an inch and a half throat depth to be a problem for the stapling I expect from this particular hand held gizmo.

Acco Corporation's Swingline® LightGripTM  Reduced Effort Stapler measuring 2.6 x 3.4 x 1.7 inches weighs only 5.4 ounces of robust, power with 20 Sheet stapling capability.

The wee frontloading magazine holds 50 Staples which does mean frequent filling, however, the tiny powerhouse is such a great little device I don't really mind the constant refilling.

The minute, more or less, 3 X 3 inch device is a most handy size for my small hand and my - back of the room where the kids work - desk.

Akin to Swingline's Optima 40; my LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler is proving to be a real workhorse as it lives up to the Swingline expectations re well designed implement intended for providing long lasting functionality.

During the work period Osage County First Grade tears into work sheets as a follow up to the instruction periods earlier in the day, as pages are completed I staple them to the few others of our daily work creating a 5  or so page packet for their grading portfolio, or for toting home to share with parents.  My little Swingline LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler is excellent for the task, had I known just how handy this little beast was to be I would have gotten 2 or 3, 1 for my office, 1 for my home office, 1 for the kids tools as well as this pretty little purple one for my table where it is seemingly always in use during the last 2 hours of the day.

While each of the SEE IT buttons takes the viewer to a charcoal hued stapler, which is attractive, I found my Swingline LightGrip in a bin with other brightly colored staplers at a Staples walk in store.

One of the online blurbs reads -Easy curves and soft touches provide an all-around comfortable feel - and, it is true.  The shape of this small stapler just fits my hand, the stapler is smooth, light weight, easy for me to use and works like a charm.  I have little doubt that it might be used to fasten together 20 sheets at a time, however, I rarely have more than 5 worksheets in the completed packets.  I especially like that I exert little pressure to accomplish the stapling.

I do not find the tiny, mebbe an inch and a half throat depth to be a problem for the stapling I expect from this particular hand held gizmo.  Thus far the stapler is proving to be jam-free as I use my Optima Premium staples from the metal can for filling as needed.

I'm finding the online info regarding the Swingline LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler to be very spot on, the heavy-duty metal stapling mechanism provides the force to staple;the stapler is very easy to use, I expend little effort, simply squeeze to use and the staple is immediately thrust through the pages.

Inexpensive, available in a variety of attractive colors, mine is purple, I saw blue, green and charcoal, and backed by manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty make the Acco Corporation's Swingline® LightGripTM  Reduced Effort Stapler a dandy choice.

Happy to recommend Acco Corporation's Swingline® LightGripTM  Reduced Effort Stapler.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly   martin
===========================
  Product details:

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the iBuyOfficeSupply, OfficeDepot, Buy.com, Business Supply, eBay, Discount Office, AMAZON SEE IT button  and vendor links

-----------------------------------------------------

From Internet search including the ACCO site
: ACCO Brands Corporation Products include Swingline, Kensington, Quartet, Wilson Jones, GBC, DayTimer, Swingline is a division of ACCO Brands that specializes in manufacturing staplers and hole punches. The company was formerly located in Long Island City, Queens, New York, United States, but is now headquartered with its parent company ACCO in Lincolnshire, Illinois.

Swingline was founded as the Parrot Speed Fastener Company in 1925 in New York City by Jack Linsky, and opened its first manufacturing facility in Long Island City in 1931. In 1939, the company changed its name to Speed Products, and in 1956, became Swingline. It became a division of ACCO Brands which was then a division of Fortune Brands in 1987. The factory name, Swingline, was a large iconic sign on top of the Queens building.

In the late 1990s, Swingline shut down production in Long Island City, New York, and moved the production of premium staplers and staples to Mexico and began production of economy plastic staplers in China. As of 2009, the all-metal 747 Classic stapler was produced in China.

ACCO Brands Corporation's roots stretch back more than a century. Over the years, ACCO brands have consistently been guided by a spirit of innovation and a commitment to delivering superior, cutting-edge products for our customers. This has enabled ACCO to flourish and grow in a continually evolving office products environment.

ACCO Brands Corporation became an independent publicly traded company on August 17, 2005. The Company was formed through the spin-off of the ACCO World office products unit of Fortune Brands and its subsequent merger with General Binding Corporation.
This transaction brought together the complementary businesses, brands and strengths of ACCO and GBC to form the world's largest supplier of branded office products - a global office products powerhouse. As a highly focused office products company, ACCO is now uniquely positioned to capitalize on the opportunities for growth in our industry.

ACCO Brands Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers of office products, with annual
revenues of nearly $2 billion. ACCO Brands markets products in over 100 countries through its own sales force and distribution networks. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation, and we're focused on delivering exceptional value for our shareholders and customers by providing unique, leading-edge, branded office products.

Corporate Headquarters
300 Tower Parkway
Lincolnshire, IL 60069

Swingline Lightgrip Reduced Effort Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity, Charcoal 29931

Swingline Lightgrip Reduced Effort Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity, Charcoal 29931

This stapler's unique mechanism means less effort from you.Convenient size for your hand or desk.Manufacturer's limited one-year warranty. Shipping We...

Swingline LightGrip Convenient Size Stapler

Swingline LightGrip Convenient Size Stapler

Convenient size for your hand or desk, this stapler's unique mechanism means less effort from you to power through up to 20 sheets at a time. Easy cur...
Shoplet.com

Swingline Charcoal Lightgrip Reduced Effort Stapler S7029931

Swingline Charcoal Lightgrip Reduced Effort Stapler S7029931

Swingline Charcoal LightGrip Reduced Effort Stapler This stapler's unique mechanism means less effort from you. Convenient size for your desk or hand....

Swingline Black LightGrip Reduced Effort Mini Stapler Black

Swingline Black LightGrip Reduced Effort Mini Stapler Black

Stapling with Swingline LightGrip Reduced Effort Mini Stapler has never been easier! Its compact size is convenient for any workspace or classroom. Th...
MyBinding.com

Swingline Charcoal LightGrip Reduced Effort Mini Stapler Charcoal

Swingline Charcoal LightGrip Reduced Effort Mini Stapler Charcoal

This stapler's unique mechanism means less effort from you. Convenient size for your desk or hand. Holds 50 standard staples. Manufacturer's limited o...
MyBinding.com