Swiss Miss Indulgent Collection - Dark Chocolate Sensation - 8-1.25 Oz. Envelopes in 10 oz. Box (Swiss Miss) Reviews

Swiss Miss Indulgent Collection Dark Chocolate Sensation

Jul 5, 2011 (Updated Aug 19, 2011)

Pros:Rich flavor, travels well, contains antioxidants

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Rich flavor, travel well, contains antioxidants

Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa in the Dark Indulgent version is so very rich in flavor it's as good as a really fancy dessert. Sometimes I sprinkle a little Cinnamon powder or Hazelnut extract on top as well just for a change of taste. I've tried a few drops of Vanilla or Almond flavor which works nicely. I like to experiment. On its own you get a lovely cocoa scent.

It's quite sweet on its own so only add  on to it if you have a really sweet tooth. You can also drop a dollop of whipped topping and a sprinkle of cocoa or coffee on the dollop for a nice delivery. With the coffee it gets a wonderful Mocha aspect.

In hot weather I take a packet of Swiss Miss Indulgent, add it to crushed ice and skim milk and blend that all together for fabulous frappucino type drink. Before adding in the packet I dilute the powdered mix with a small amount of very hot water so it blends nicely. The dark chocolate is so rich the ice doesn't dilute the flavor. It's a cold hot chocolate smoothie!

Each packet is 1.25 oz and the box is recyclable. You get 12 packets equalling 10 ounces. I like the idea of packets because the unused cocoa stays fresh and I can grab a packet and take it with me if I want to. You can take one on a plane, send some to kids away at school or camp or stowed in their care package, take them to work or take them on your boat. They travel well.

Swiss Miss was created by Anthony Sanna in the 1950's. They had been producers of dried milk and decided to add cocoa and sugar. It was originally served on airplanes. It's made on a real working dairy farm with fresh milk from local farms and is delivered daily, dried, and blended with premium, imported cocoa giving it that really wholesome taste.

Directions: Empty contents of 1 envelope into a 3-ounce or larger mug or cup. Gradually stir 6 oz  or  ¾ cup of hot not boiling water or milk. This is also microwaveable.

Other variations available: Mocha Cappuccino and French Vanilla,Swiss Miss Diet Fat Free, Swiss Miss With Marshmellows, Swiss Miss No Sugar Added, Swiss Miss Breakfast Blends Pick Me Up (with caffeine), Swiss Miss Classics and Sensible Sweets, Swiss Miss Fat Free Marshmellow Lovers.

Ingredients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk, Less Than 2% Of: Natural Flavor, Carrageenan, Salt, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono- And Diglycerides. Contains Milk.

This drink is not only delicious it's good for you. It contains antioxidants and calcium. Antioxidants build up the immune system. The antioxidant is equal to 2 cups of green tea.

120 calories  More if you use milk
Carbs 28 grams,
Dietary fiber 1 gram
Sugars 20 grams
Protein 1 gram.

For sale 2 Boxes of Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation Hot Cocoa Mix 8 ct. All product good till 8-14. Indulge your chocolate craving. Made from the ...