Tanger Outlets

Formally Westbrook Outlets, Save more buy more!

Aug 20, 2005

Pros:Outlet prices, nice walking around, safe, conveinient

Cons:No dining facilities

The Bottom Line: Shopping, who doesnt love it? Especially when you can get close outs and bargains!

Tanger Outlets, Formally known as Westbrook Outlets is located in Westbrook, CT off of I -95. It is clearly visible from the high way and offers quality outlet shopping. I have been visiting this outlet for years and have never been disappointed with anything there.

All the buildings painted red are all accessible from out doors, it is kind of set up like your shopping strip malls with each business having it's own entrance. There are many parking spaces around the outlet center and all the different stores and sections are easily accessible via walking. On a nice day it's reather pleasant to walk around outside in the fresh air and shop.

Everytime I go there I always have to treat myself to one of the delicious apples at the Rocky Mountain Candy Company. These are not your run of the mill candy apples, but this are decadent apples dipped in chocolate, caramel and any other variety of yummy guilty pleasure.

As with any smart shopper you must know your prices of things in order to makes sure you are really getting a bargain. A lot of these "bargain" stores really aren't that much less expensive then your retail first hand stores.

Some of the stores that have a very good values are the Old Navy Outlet. You can often get some of last seasons, over flow, or second merchandise here at a significantly lower price then normal. In the past I've gotten shirts and jeans as low as $1.99 but being an outlet many of these stores are hit or miss. Because they have such a varying difference in the merchandise they carry day to day you may not be able to get the same thing twice.

Another store we're I've gotten excellant deals is the Factory Brand Shoe store I've been able to get shoes at significantly reduced prices. Recently my boyfriend got two pairs of shoes for 20 dollars a piece. These may be last seasons left overs but in in the grand scheme of things what difference does it make?

There really isn't any restaurants per se in the shopping outlet which is kind of a place where it's lacking. I'm sure if they had a sit down restaurant the whole shopping experience would be much more enjoyable. As it is now I usually eat before I get there or have to make a special trip away to go to a restaurant.

STORES

Soccer Post, The
Ultra Diamonds
Vitamin World
Wilsons Leather Outlet

As with anything, if you're going outlet shopping you should have a pretty good idea of normal prices to assure that you are really getting the deal you think you are. I will continue to do my thrifty shopping here for years to come.

Location: I-95, Exit 65, left at Flat Rock Place