Tavist ND Non-Drowsy 24-Hour Allergy Tablets

Fight Allergies The Non-Drowsy Way With Tavist ND

Nov 17, 2004

Pros:Works for almost the entire 24 hour period claimed! And..it's non-drowsey!

Cons:None that I have found!

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line is right here____________________!

I have chronic allergy-sinus problems. I've tried just about every prescription my doctor can think of and many over the counter medications. When I see a new one, I'm quick to pick it up and give it a try. I bought Tavist ND because I had good luck with the regular formula of Tavist before and in checking the ingredient label found this had the same active ingredient as Clariton. Tavist ND is for allergies, runny nose, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, nose and throat and hay fever symptoms.

My Experience

Tavist ND's recommended dosage is 1 tablet every 24 hours for ages 6 and up. I found that this worked pretty good for me and at the end of the 24 hour period I could feel signs of sinus pressure building which leads to a very bad headache. I take this sign as a reminder to take this medication. I have narrowed down one of the major onsets of these sinus headaches to weather conditions. It seems every time a high pressure system moves in it sets off the headaches. At least by being aware of what sets off my symptoms I can be prepared to have medication on hand when the symptoms start to appear. This only lasts for 1-2 days if I catch it at the beginning stages. Once it gets a hold of me, I can go a full 5 days with a splitting headache without much relief no matter what I take. Although Tavist ND is marketed mainly for hay fever and upper respiratory allergies, I found that it also helps with my specific weather related problem of sinus headaches.

Packaging

I purchased a 30 tablet size box of Tavist ND but it is also available in smaller size boxes as well as a larger one. Regular price is $12.99 for the 30 ct. box. I compared the price to Clariton (same size box and dosage of active ingredient) which was $14.98, so I save a couple of bucks by purchasing the Tavist ND.

Tablets are in a blister pack. This is the packaging that you can't just push the tablets through, you have to first peel back the foil and then push through. This is a little annoying but safer when you think of the product being a little more child-proof!

Ingredients

The active ingredient in Tavist ND is Loratadine, 10 mg.

Inactive Ingredients: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate.

Product Warnings

As with all medications, Tavist ND should be kept out of the reach of small children and animals.

Label includes the following warnings:

Do not exceed 1 tablet in a 24 hr. period. Taking more than the recommended dosage may cause drowsiness.

Ask your doctor before using if you have liver or kidney disease.

If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Do not use if you have had an allergic reaction to this product or any ingredients in it.

Stop use if you have an allergic reaction and seek medical help right away.

Company Information

Tavist ND is manufactured by:

Geneva Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Broomfield, CO 80020

for:

Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622

Questions or comments can be made by calling toll free: 1-800-452-0051, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Impressive!

Final Thoughts

If you have had good luck with Clariton in the past and would like to save a few bucks, then give Tavist ND a try! It works fairly quickly and almost for the entire 24 hour period claimed. I give Tavist ND 5 stars!

© 2004 Birdfeather

Allibiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 sgels by NOW

Allibiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 sgels by NOW

NOW Allibiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 sgels NOW Allibiotic CF is scientifically designed to help support healthy seasonal and year-round immune function. T...

Allibiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 Softgel

Allibiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 Softgel

NutritionGeeks. com

NOW Foods - AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF - 60 Softgels, Phyto-Biotics

NOW Foods - AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF - 60 Softgels, Phyto-Biotics

NOW Foods AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF - 60 Softgels NOW Allibiotic CF is scientifically designed to help support healthy sea
LuckyVitamin.com

NOW Foods Immune Support - AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 Softgels

NOW Foods Immune Support - AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 Softgels

AlliBiotic Non-Drowsy CF 60 Softgels. Patented Allisure AllicinWith Olive Leaf Extract Elderberry OreganoNon-Drowsy In addition to Allisure we've add...
PureFormulas.com

Irwin Naturals - Aller-Pure Non-Drowsy For Eyes, Nose, & Throat - 60 Softgels, Seasonal Su

Irwin Naturals - Aller-Pure Non-Drowsy For Eyes, Nose, & Throat - 60 SoftgelsA healthy respiratory system depends on
LuckyVitamin.com

Europharma Terry Naturally Sinucare 60 Softgels Non Drowsy Sinus Lung Support

Europharma Terry Naturally Sinucare 60 Softgels Non Drowsy Sinus Lung Support

Europharma by Terry Naturally SinuCare 60 Softgels SinuCare TM with Eucalyptus Supports Sinus Cavities and Soothes Mucous Membranes* SinuCareā„¢ provi...

Allergy D Caps (100 capsules) by Twinlab

Allergy D Caps (100 capsules) by Twinlab

Dry Vitamin D - Fish Free Water Dispersed Well tolerated by most highly allergic individuals. Allergy D Caps are designed specially for fish and fish ...
4AllVitamins

NutriCology Allergy Research RenewPro Non-Denatured Whey Protein 10.6 oz Pwdr

NutriCology Allergy Research RenewPro Non-Denatured Whey Protein 10.6 oz Pwdr

RenewPro Non-Denatured Whey Protein 10.6 oz Pwdr - RenewPro(R) Whey Protein is the finest biologically active non-denatured whey protein, offering a f...
Swanson Health Products

Allergy Research Group - Pure Vitamin C Powder - 120g

Allergy Research Group - Pure Vitamin C Powder - 120g

Total Health has a full line of Allergy Research Group - Free shipping on orders over $85 (US48,max 5lb)
Total Health Discount