Pros:Easy to read dial and read out, good intentions for the scale.
Cons:Took two models back for exchange and refund. Enough said.
The Bottom Line: Has potential if the scale works, otherwise, stay away and check out other models.
This has been the Christmas for bad, broken, not working gifts. The Taylor Precision Body Fat Scale maintains the theme for this holiday with a double return, finally for a refund! Enough is enough and this product simply, did not work, did not live up to its expectations on a continual basis.
Recommend this product?
Both my wife and me have been on Weight Watchers and thought this scale would add some interest to our continued weight loss, as it verifies your body fat status and percentage. Ok, so it is a toy as do you really need a daily dose of what your body fat range is? We thought it might be interesting. My wife bought it for me for a gift to share!
The Taylor scale is electronic, and conveniently, has two memories. First, in the box, the Taylor company gives you a tape measure to measure your neck and waist. After installing the battery, you enter:
1. Height, neck size, waist, sex.
2. Get your feet damp
3. Step on scale to see your weight
4. Shortly, see your body fat percentage displayed.
5. Two buttons allows two people to share, easy to enter information
The programming prompts guide is simple. The initial entry of your personal fitness and physical data into your separate memory is easy.
However, when you step onto the scale, your feet must be damp to get an accurate reading! Damp feet? Step on a damp wash cloth every time you need a body fat reading? Supposedly, the Taylor scale sends a harmless signal through the fat and muscle in your body. This method allows the information to be displayed on the digital readout, taking less than ten seconds.
Why do I say supposedly? Because with both scales, the "action" lasted less than a day before the scales broke. Less than 24 hours sitting in our house. Simply, a bad chip or bad electronic somewhere in the scale. We took back the scale to the store for an exchange in both cases, finally, asking for a refund and receiving one.
I did email the company to see what kind of response, and they mentioned their lifetime warranty, mail in original box, and they will repair and replace. Still, paying for the shipping irks me, as this was their problem, not mine, and it still costs me additional shipping costs.
For whatever reason, the memory failed, and in less than one day, we were unable to recover any information, any weight or analysis information. The scales broke!
However, if you are fortunate to have a Taylor Body Fat Analyzer and Scale which works, you will agree:
1. Easy to read digital display. LED readings have good contrast for easy
2. Accurate, as compared to weight watchers, YMCA, and other scales, the Taylor was right on, accurate with the others
3. Interesting body fat information, if you are keeping track for health, fitness, and diet information. I believe it is accurate enough for personal use
4. Tells you if body fat percentage is within a normal range.
5. Two memories for your household
6. Cool looking and stying
1. Memory switches are hard to reach with your toes. Hard to push buttons/switches/
2. Pain getting your feet wet whenever you want a body fat reading.
3. Do you really need this information on a daily basis?
4. Two bad and faulty scales made us request a refund and buy a "regular" scale.
Sometimes, the more information available, the more things can go wrong. This is what I believe, happened with the scale. It has too many "bells and whistles" for personal use and worked to its disadvantage. As such, I must give a negative review on this product. Great intentions, bad performance. The potential is the reason this product rates two rather than one star, and I believe Taylor will produce better models in no time.
Read all comments (7)