Tazo China Green Tip Tea

Smells and Looks like Pee.. Bleck.. Tastes like Fish

Feb 24, 2008 (Updated Oct 8, 2009)

Pros:None..

Cons:Everything else..

The Bottom Line: I don't recommend this tea at all. It is terrible.

I am aiming to try every tea made available, and do a review on it. Yeah, I am a nut for tea. I enjoy taking time out for myself and drinking a nice hot cup of tea. I haven't been to fond of green teas, but thought I would give this product a chance.

I eat a bit of candy here and there, as you can tell from my reviews, but I have lost close to 100 pounds now. I don't normally eat in between meals. Normally I will brew the heck out of some tea, and keep drinking until I am full. Tea is good for you, and I would rather fill up on tea, than processed high carb beverages.

Tazo China Green Tip Tea

Your getting 20 tea bags per package. Each bag is packaged in a green wrapper with matching tag, and drawstring. Brewing time on this tea is 3 minutes. I have tried steeping it longer, and less, and said heck with it. I just can't get it right.

Tazo describes their tea as being: A traditional Chinese green tea with a delicate fresh taste and light green liquor. Your paying a little over $3 for a box of 20 bags.

Ingredients

Spring-harvested green teas from China.

My Thoughts

Ok, I wasn't impressed when I opened the package and took a whiff. It smells just like urine. I steeped it for 3 minutes, and yet again, it didn't look strong enough. It brews to a very light urine colored cup of tea. Eweee.. The smell.. We are on a urine theme here.

I tried it without my Spenda first. It sort of tastes fishy, and really light. It had almost no flavor. I added one Splenda packet in hopes it would change the flavor. It tasted slightly better. I was afraid to add 2 packets as this tea was so light and I didn't want to over power it with sweetener.

The extra Splenda packet gave it the extra boost it needed, and brought out the flavor of this strange tea. It doesn't really have a bitterness, but sort of a mellow, slightly fishy flavor. I am not really impressed by this tea.

It sort of reminds me of an Oolong tea, only I will admit that Tazo China Green Tips Tea tastes better than Gohyah Tea . Gohyah Tea tastes horrible. This isn't really saying much though. This tea actually tastes like a medicinal tea I have tried in the past, good for your health, but tastes horrible.

I tried putting it over ice. That didn't help either.

Overall

This tea is a no go. I don't like it. It smells funny, looks funny, and tastes funny. It is to light, and fishy tasting. I won't let it go to waste though, I think it would go well in green tea fried rice.

Contact info: www.tazo.com

Tazo Tea Awake Black
Bag of Fat Bubble Tea Straws
Instant Thai Tea
Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime
Gohyah Tea (Bitter Melon Tea)
Good Earth Chai Tea, Decaffeinated, Tea Bags
KitchenAid Strainer

Syracuse Nordic Tea Tile, Fine China Dinnerware - Carefree,Blue,Green Abstract Leaves

Syracuse - Syracuse Nordic Tea Tile - Carefree,Blue,Green Abstract Leaves
Replacements, Ltd.

Lenox China Fresh Meadow Tea/Coffee Pot & Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - White & Gold Flowers, Green Band

Lenox China - Lenox China Fresh Meadow Tea/Coffee Pot & Lid - White & Gold Flowers, Green Band

Kati Tea Brewing System green leaves

Kati Tea Brewing System green leaves

Kati Tea Brewing System green leaves by Tea Forte. Loose tea by the cup.....simple. Our double-wall ceramic tumbler and integrated stainless steel in...
Tea Forte

Syracuse China 8.5-oz Stacking Tea Cup w/ International Pattern & Shape, Ultra White Bone China

The Ceramic Dinnerware by Syracuse China: Tea Cup, 8-1/2 oz., stacking, International pattern and shape, Ultra white Bone China body.
KaTom Restaurant Supply
Noritake Arctic Green Tea/Coffee Pot & Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Green Marbled Band,Gold Line Decor

Noritake - Noritake Arctic Green Tea/Coffee Pot & Lid - Green Marbled Band,Gold Line Decor

Richard Ginori China Tea Coffee Cup & Saucer Palermo Green Pattern Store Rare

Richard Ginori China Tea Coffee Cup & Saucer Palermo Green Pattern Store Rare

Richard Ginori China Tea Coffee Cup Saucer Palermo Green Pattern Store Sample. This is brand new. This cup measures 3-1/8 from lip to lip and 2-1/4 ta...

Bamboo Herbal Loose Tea Strainer Steeper Brewer Infuser China Japan

Bamboo Herbal Loose Tea Strainer Steeper Brewer Infuser China Japan

One Bamboo Tea Infuser. This is a great kitchen gadget, a basic need for when you like your tea your way. This infuser is made from Bamboo which works...

Lenox Fine China - Marchesa Empire Pearl Tea Saucer by Lenox

Lenox Fine China - Marchesa Empire Pearl Tea Saucer by Lenox

Evoking the rich beaded detail of a Marchesa gown, the Marchesa Empire Pearl Tea Saucer is raised hand-enameled white beading adding texture to an exq...

Classic Coffee & Tea Tower Tea Set, Olive Green

Classic Coffee & Tea Tower Tea Set, Olive Green

Stackable tea for one set comes with a teapot, a tea cup, sugar and creamer and a saucer to place it all in Made of high quality porcelain Safe to use...
Royal Court New Bone China English Tea Set

Royal Court New Bone China English Tea Set

Enjoy your tea in this English style tea set. This new bone china English tea set has the whiteness, translucency, and strength accompany by English g...
EnjoyingTea.com