Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Moisturizing Shampoo (13 fl oz) Reviews

Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Moisturizing Shampoo (13 fl oz)

+$5.46 shipping Target

Organix TeaTree Mint Shampoo

Jun 11, 2009

Pros:Smells great, healing benefits of real Tea Tree Oil, no parabens or sulfates

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A good choice to get the benefit of healing Tea Tree Oil, pleasant minty scent, makes hair soft.

I recently came across a deal at my local Target store that was just too good to pass up!  One of the rewards programs that I participate in is called Freeride, and I had earned and received a $25 Target gift card, which I used to buy "new to me" products, with a specific purpose of pampering myself with beauty and personal care items.

Target had a complete line of shampoo made by Organix, a brand I had never heard of before.  They retailed for $7.49, but, there was a hang tag rebate form to "Try It Free".  Well, it wasn't exactly free, but the rebate allowed me to get $6.99 back!  So not only would I get the shampoo for free with the gift card, I would get an additional $6.99 back!  That's what I call a double slam!

Description

Organix shampoo comes in a large variety of scents, and I spent more than a few minutes in the shampoo aisle smelling all of them!  They have Pomegranate Green Tea, Coconut Milk, Mandarin Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Vanilla Silk, Lavender Soy Milk, White Tea Grapeseed, Cucumber Yogurt, Grapefruit Mango Butter, Passionfruit Guava, Mocha Espresso, and the one I chose, which was Tea Tree Mint.

These all come in different colored bottles, the Tea Tree Mint comes in a green colored plastic bottle with a gold flip top cap, holding 13 ounces.  The front of the bottle reads: "Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Shampoo".  The shape of the bottle is sqatty and slightly oval shaped.

This shampoo is safe for color treated hair (I have chemical highlights so this was important to me), and as the name implies, it contains organic active ingredients.

Ingredients

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance.

Product Claims

* Sulfate Free
* Paraben Free
* Organic Active Ingredients
* Amazing Scent
* Safe For Color-Treated Hair

What Does It Do?

Although the Organix Pomegranate Green Tea was my favorite as far as scents go, I have had a sore on top of my head that has not been healing well.  The last time I had my hair cut, my hair dresser mentioned it to me, and I told her that it had been there for a while.

When you have a sore that scabs over right on the top of the head, it's obviously hard to treat it, you can't really put any ointment on it unless you want to make the hair look bad and greasy.  I know from past experience of using Tea Tree Oil that it is a very healing and therapeutic essential oil.  What better way to treat the scalp than with a shampoo that contains Tea Tree Oil.

If you have ever smelled Tea Tree Oil, you know that it has a very pungent and offensive odor.  I think it smells like turpentine!  Not exactly the scent I am going for in a shampoo, and this is exactly why I have resisted purchasing any Tea Tree Oil shampoo until I found Organix.

Let me tell you, I have never smelled a Tea Tree Oil shampoo that smells as wonderful as Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Shampoo!  It smells very minty, and not like Tea Tree Oil.  It's thick, it has a pearlized light green color, and feels nice and tingly on the scalp (almost like those dandruff shampoo's that contain coal tar).  The minty scent is very appealing and refreshing.  It will awaken the senses early in the morning!

Despite this shampoo being free of sulfates and parabens, it still gives a lot of lather, and cleans exceptionally well.  It also rinses easily and leaves my hair feeling as soft as silk, even without my using a conditioner!  Maybe it's the "Silk Amino Complex", I don't know, but this shampoo does leave the hair very soft.

The Panthenol (Vitamin B5) helps add body to my fine thin hair (it's the same ingredient in Pantene Pro V Shampoo).   Some other ingredients are also very impressive as well.  Organix actually contains real Australian Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil.  The Soy Milk Proteins, Shea Butter, and Vitamin E are all good ingredients for the skin and hair.   I think these nourishing ingredients pretty much balance out the Tea Tree Oil, which can be very drying to the skin.

I am happy to report that the sore on the top of my head is almost gone, and I think the Tea Tree Oil in the Organix shampoo had a part to play in it's healing.  This shampoo makes the hair feel incredibly clean and fresh (yes, the scent does linger!), full, and soft.  There is not one thing to dislike about Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo.

If you happen to run across this shampoo with the "Try It Free" offer, take it!

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

Find shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments at Target.com! An ultra hydrating blend of australian teatree oils to add moisture and strength, whil...
What is this product? An ultra hydrating blend of Australian Teatree Oils to add moisture and strength, while nourishing your hair with replenishing m...
SleekHair.com
ORGANIX Hydrating Teatree Mint SHAMPOO 13 FL. OZ SALE FOR 2 BOTTLES
2 Organix Hydrating Teatree Mint Shampoo SET 13 oz EACH
You are purchasing 2 bottles, 13 fl oz each,hydrating Teatree Mint Shampoo by Organix. What the bottle says An ultra hydrating blend of Australian te...