Tekno the Electronic Robot Puppy

TEKNO The Robotic Puppy Dog

Dec 26, 2000

Pros:Fun and challenging for you child to learn how to work the robot.

Cons:Haven't found any yet.

TEKNO The Robotic Puppy Dog

We bought this robotic dog for my 10 year old son for Christmas. He seemed to enjoy it pretty well, once we could get it out of the package. (Just a tip on this one. You will need scissors, a pocket knife and a screwdriver to get this one out of the package...... I have never had so much trouble getting a toy out of the package in my life) But, once we finally freed this puppy dog, the fun began.

Starting him up
You first start by activating TEKNO. You do this by pulling the plastic tab from his side. Once it is pulled, TEKNO will automatically initiate his program set up.

There is also a manual power on/off button that is located underneath his chest. This may come in handy in case you don't follow directions like us and pull out the activation tab before you get this little guy out of his package....what an ordeal that was.

There is also a "reset" button located on his stomach toward the back. By pushing reset this will refresh or clear TEKNO's brain back to the beginning of the program.

TEKNO's Sensors He has 6 different sensors:
•Sound Sensor- This is located inside TEKNO's head. This is what allows him to respond to noises or your voice.
•Mouth Sensor- When this sensor is touched, (you do this with his bone) it lets TEKNO know he is being fed. He makes these cute little crunching and slurping noises.
•Nose Sensor- This is located on the tip of his nose. The sensor has two purposes. You can press it to have him make sniffing noises or if he walks into an object, (like the wall, etc...) this feature will shut down his motor function to keep him out of harms way.
•Head Sensor- This sensor (located on top of his head) allows you to reward TEKNO when he has done good things. He gets VERY happy when he is patted on the head!!! =o)
•Neck Sensor- When you touch this sensor, TEKNO thinks you are scratching him behind the ears and loves it.

There is also a MODE BUTTON. This is what is used to program TEKNO and teach him tricks. In the owners manual, there is a chart that will show you, step by step, how to program TEKNO to do the following tricks:
•Speak
•Fetch
•Howl at the Moon
•Talk
•Laugh
•Sing and Dance
•Rude Noises (I am not real thrilled with this feature. I think I will block this one feature out, but someone else may think it is funny.)
•Wake up Songs

There are also some advanced tricks that they show you how to teach TEKNO once you have got the simpler ones down. One of these tricks is that you can set the alarm clock that is built into this robot dog. You teach him to tell time and then program him to do what ever you want at whatever time you choose. From waking up to going to sleep.

Another Advanced trick you can teach TEKNO is a card Trick. (I have NO idea how this works, we haven't gotten that far yet.) But directions are enclosed as well as the cards for the trick.

TEKNO the Robot puppy is also built to interact with other TEKNO Robot Puppies. So, if you want to get a second one or have a friend who has one, put the two together. They interact.

TEKNO is Battery Powered. He or She takes 4 AA batteries. They ask that you don't use the rechargable kind. So just the normal AA batteries. Replace as needed.

Overall TEKNO the Robot Puppy was a big hit here on Christmas with my 10 year old.

This little robot seems to do everything a real puppy does except make a mess!!! He will let you know exactly what he wants and needs. He will let you know what he is feeling and give you feedback on the care you provide. He knows how long it has been since the last time you have fed him and he will be sure to remind you and let you know when he is need of some playtime.

His sensors are programed to let him know when it is getting dark, if the lights suddenly turn on, or if a friend is knocking on the door. He responds to EVERYTHING. (I don't know if this is good or bad, LOL!!!)

Manley Toy Quest claims that this robotic puppy is programmed to respond just like any 8 week old puppy.

So, my son finally has his puppy.... Well, a robotic one anyway. Let's see how well he takes care of this one, then we will talk about the real thing!

Tekno Bubbles - Gold Blacklight Reactive - Half Gallon

Tekno Bubbles - Gold Blacklight Reactive - Half Gallon

TEKNO BUBBLES are patented, safe non-toxic blowing bubbles that look and act like normal bubbles under regular lighting, yet are unlike any other bubb...
Tekno Bubbles - Gold Blacklight Reactive - 1 Gallon

Tekno Bubbles - Gold Blacklight Reactive - 1 Gallon

Blue And Gold Tekno Bubbles Blacklight Uv Glow In The Dark Rave Party 1oz Each

Blue And Gold Tekno Bubbles Blacklight Uv Glow In The Dark Rave Party 1oz Each

...::..The Pink Line..::... Every buyer gets a MyStoreRewards invitation for cash back In titles description Store Home About us Feedback Add to Favor...

TEKNO RC SCT410 4WD SC TRUCK1/10 SCALE RS Econo Power Bearings

TEKNO RC SCT410 4WD SC TRUCK1/10 SCALE RS Econo Power Bearings

RC Car & Truck Econo Power bearing kits are the most affordable way to replace stock bearings with high quality standard bearings. Boca's Econo Power ...
boca bearing company

Tekno Bubbles - Blue Blacklight Reactive - 1 Gallon

Tekno Bubbles - Blue Blacklight Reactive - 1 Gallon

Tekno Bubbles - Blue Blacklight Reactive - Half Gallon

Tekno Bubbles - Blue Blacklight Reactive - Half Gallon

1oz Combo Pack Blue/gold Tekno Bubbles

1oz Combo Pack Blue/gold Tekno Bubbles

Brand new blacklight bubbles one ounce bottle of blue and one ounce bottle of gold.Posted with eBay Mobile

TEKNO RC SCT410 4WD SC TRUCK1/10 SCALE GS RC Bearings

TEKNO RC SCT410 4WD SC TRUCK1/10 SCALE GS RC Bearings

RC Car & Truck Green Seal Bearing kits have been an industry standard for many years and are specially designed for off-road or excessively dirty driv...
boca bearing company

2 Pack Blue Tekno Bubbles Blacklight Uv Glow In The Dark Rave Party 1oz

2 Pack Blue Tekno Bubbles Blacklight Uv Glow In The Dark Rave Party 1oz

TEKNO R/C TKR1002 Rx Box/Fuel Tank Conv Revo

TEKNO R/C TKR1002 Rx Box/Fuel Tank Conv Revo

This is the optional Tekno Receiver/Battery Box/Fuel Tank Conversion for use on the Traxxas Revo Vehicles.FEATURES Lowers battery CG by 0.6 (15mm) and...