Telebrands OrGreenic Flip Jack Hinged Pan Reviews

Telebrands OrGreenic Flip Jack Hinged Pan

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Flip the Pan NOT the Food with the OrGreenic FlipJack

Apr 15, 2013 (Updated Apr 30, 2013)

Pros:Flip the pan - not the food, no spatula needed, no PFOA, no PTFE

Cons:might leak if flipped too early, made in China, DO NOT order direct

The Bottom Line: Flip the pan not the food and no spatula needed to make perfect pancakes, eggs and sandwiches. 4.5 stars out of 5.

Here we have two 8" pans connected by a hinge. Why would anyone need this contraption? It's simple... really, that's the reason - it'll add simplicity to your cooking arsenal.

I purchased the OrGreenic 10" frypan to see if it worked "As Seen on TV" and it did and does -- like a champ! So I was going to purchase the 8" fry-pan and then thought this would serve a dual purpose. I could use one side as an 8" pan but then I could also take advantage of the flipping action and not need a spatula to flip the food when I can flip the cookware.

WHY THE FLIPJACK?

Imagine making large pancakes, omelets or any kind of eggs or grilled cheese sandwiches - all without needing a spatula! You flip the pan - NOT the food. When you flip the pan to the other side, it's like flipping the food without touching it. When the food is fully cooked, it'll slide right out of the pan and onto a plate.

This idea is not new because high-end restaurant supply places sell an electric version of this technology for making "professional" omelets fast. The difference is the ceramic green coating that is truly non-stick - again, if you season it properly.

MY ADVICE with this FlipJack is to properly season BOTH pans and before you use it each time, warm each side over a medium flame FIRST. If need be, lightly dust each pan with cooking spray for the first few uses.

Please watch the "official" how-to properly season OrgGreenic products on YouTube. If anything sticks to an OrGreenic product, you have not seasoned it properly or you need to season it again. They suggest 2-3 times per year, I say 5-7 times - depending on how often you use a particular pan or pot.

PROPER SEASONING:

I've never had a thing stick to my OrGreenic pans and clean up is as simple as rinsing it under the sink faucet.

Drop a silver dollar-sized amount of veggie oil on the pan, wipe with a paper towel to coat all green areas and then heat over a medium flame. Once the oil starts to smoke, you've seasoned the pan properly.

The instructions warn of prolonged exposure to HIGH flame and suggests NOT to use the dishwasher to clean. Honestly the Orgreenic surface cleans up so easily, I have never needed to pop them in the dishwasher. Rinsing and wiping is sufficient.

If you DO NOT read the instructions, you run the risk of ruining the pan and you'll wind up complaining how the product doesn't work or that things stick to the pan. Well, it's human error more often than not.

What is the OrGreenic cookware made of?  It's a ceramic coated aluminum alloy and that translates to more even heating and cooking with no "hot-spots".  Unlike other pans, this Flip Jack's handles are covered with a black heavy duty nylon composite to protect from burns. The Flip Jack doesn't feel quite as well-built as the regular 10" frypan. Meaning that it just feels not quite as heavy duty. Like each of the pans are a bit thinner-walled aluminum. But it's Eco-Friendly because it contains NO PFOA.

What is PFOA you ask?  It stands for Perfluorooctanoic Acid - a synthetic perfluorinated carboxylic acid and fluorosurfactant. It's been around since the 1940s and used in the manufacturing of such consumer goods as Teflon and Gore-Tex.  According to Wikipedia; "It's considered a toxicant and carcinogen in animals and PFOA has been detected in the blood of more than 98% of the general U.S. population in the low and sub-parts per billion range. It's even higher for those who work in the plants that utilize this substance and levels are higher in chemical plant employees and surrounding subpopulations. Exposure has been associated with increased cholesterol and uric acid levels, and recently higher serum levels of PFOA were found to be associated with increased risk of chronic kidney disease in the general United States population, consistent with earlier animal studies. "This association was independent of confounders such as age, sex, race/ethnicity, body mass index, diabetes, hypertension, and serum cholesterol level."

What I Don't Like:

Three things...

They're made in China.

If you flip the pan too early, some of the food (still liquid) might leak out from between the two closed pans. So lift one lid to see if the food is cooked enough before flipping.

The "lifetime warranty" because you will need to pay for the shipping back to them. It would be nice if you could take it to a retail store and exchange it. Of course, agreements would need to be made with retailers and the manufacturer.

FINAL WORDS:

I was skeptical about OrGreenic products until I bought one on Ebay and tried it out for myself. I've read all the complaints and all of them are due to the user not seasoning correctly and things stuck. Trust me when I tell you - you can't over season the surface. And if you READ all of the instructions, you should have a product that lasts a good long while.

I admit that I use a bit of Parkay margarine on the bread when making grilled cheese sammiches. It helps cook/toast the bread and gives it a nice flavor.

Making pancakes one at a time might be okay when serving myself or my wife and I, but for a large family eating pancakes, I would either have a few of these or stick with a larger griddle because by the time you make a bunch of pancakes, some of them will be cold.

It should be noted that the 8" frypan is a bit deeper and more heavy duty as a stand-alone piece of cookware. The FlipJack is bit shallow and made of thinner metal.

I paid $17.95 + $6.99 shipping from an online etailer. Ebay and Amazon have deals on occasion. The Telebrands website sells them for $19.99 + $7.99 shipping. DO NOT fall for the buy one get one free deception because they'll charge you for the second pan with their pricey "processing fees."

I rate this FlipJack 4.5 stars out of 5.

HAPPY COOKING

TeleBrands can be found on the internet at telebrands.com or at (800) 777-4034.

WARNING: Unless you need to buy the 8" frypan, don't bother ordering from the telebrands website. Why?  It's simple... aside from their absurdly over-priced shipping or "processing fees" there is tax added if that merchant operates in your state. But here's the kicker, because Ebay and Amazon sell most of the Orgreenic products, they don't (for some odd reason) sell the 8" pan. So after ordering the 8" pan on OrGreenic's website, I was met with a barrage of other offers. I clicked "no" to all but the last one.

The offer was to buy the 12" pan for $21.99 (normally $29.99) and (a more reasonable) $6.99 for shipping. I was going to buy the 12" pan at Wal-Mart anyway, so I figured this was a better deal - or so I thought. Once I clicked "yes" to that offer, the website whisked me to the "Thank you for your order page." Really?  Apparently I don't have the right to review my order first. No "review cart" page first?

I come to find out that they charged me the full $29.99 for the pan and the full shipping price. I immediately called to their customer service number only to be told (by a friendly Canadian) that I'd have to wait 48-72 business hours to make any changes. Now I just want to cancel my entire order and just forget about it.

UPDATE: So I got the number to their CORPORATE Customer Service (973) 227-2603 or (973) 227-8777 and spoke with Robin. She had never heard of these issues (yeah right) and promptly canceled my entire order. I asked her to send me an email to confirm and she did so within a few minutes. DONE! Too bad, it's a good product and I still want the 8" pan, but I will order from either Amazon or Ebay.

UPDATE:
I've noticed that if I use margarine or cook something liquid, when I flip the pan and open it, the "residue" seeps down the open upper pan and all over the stove - next to the burner. So there's a bit of clean-up involved.

Flip Jack by Orgreenic

Flip Jack by Orgreenic

Flip Jack is the easy, no mess, non-stick way to make pancakes! With this duel hinged design and Orgreenic non-stick surface you can make perfect full...

Orgreenic Flip Jack Ceramic Non-stick Pan Pancake Maker As Seen On Tv Flipjack

Orgreenic Flip Jack Ceramic Non-stick Pan Pancake Maker As Seen On Tv Flipjack

Brand New Orgreenic Flip Jack Ceramic Non-Stick Pancake Maker ***********As Seen On TV ************ perfect pancakes quick Ceramic Non-Stick Pancake M...

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-piece Set (including Lids) Brand

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-piece Set (including Lids) Brand

happitail Store Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-Piece Set (Including ...

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-piece Set (including Lids), Free Shipping,

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-piece Set (including Lids), Free Shipping,

Item is currently out of stock. Please check again later. Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-Piece Set (Including Lids) Item is currently out of stock. Please c...

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-Piece Set (Including Lids)

Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-Piece Set (Including Lids)

Cook without oil, butter or grease with the OrGreenic 10 Piece Ceramic Non Stick Cookware set! The set includes an 8 inch frying pan, a 10 inch frying...
Telebrands 6501-6 Orgreenic Fry Pan 12

Telebrands 6501-6 Orgreenic Fry Pan 12

NEW Telebrands 6501-6 Orgreenic Fry Pan 12 $41.48 $55.95 This amazing, eco-friendly nonstick fry pan has a revolutionary ceramic coating that lets you...

Telebrands Orgreenic 10-piece Set Including Lids Cook Without Oil Butter Grease

Telebrands Orgreenic 10-piece Set Including Lids Cook Without Oil Butter Grease

Telebrands Orgreenic 10-Piece Set Including Lids Cook Without Oil Butter Grease Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features 5 pans 4 lid...

Telebrands Orgreenic 5-piece Cookware Set

Telebrands Orgreenic 5-piece Cookware Set

Product Description Food Just Slides Off! Eco-friendly OrGREENIC ceramic cookware lets you broil, bake, braise, fry, steam or saute without oil, butte...
Telebrands Orgreenic Non-stick Frying Pan, 10 (pack Of 3)

Telebrands Orgreenic Non-stick Frying Pan, 10 (pack Of 3)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Telebrands Orgreenic Non-Stick Frying Pan, 10 (Pack of 3) Ceramic non-stick 10 inch frying pan that allow...

Page 1 2 3 4 5    Next >>