Temp-Tations 6-piece

Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set

Feb 17, 2010

Pros:Beautiful and easy to clean

Cons:Nothing.

The Bottom Line:

An easy to use and clean set that really belongs in your kitchen.  I love it.

I am going to admit that I really love to shop. Well, not so much going out, hitting the road, fighting traffic and hunting a parking space much like a hunter stalks his prey. I watch QVC. I'm hooked on the show. I know that I can "window" shop and never leave my comfy cozy house.

Ever since the 2008 holiday season I have had my eye on Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set but never purchased it. What the heck, my old stuff would work just fine for serving and baking in. Almost a year later I was still on the fence about the bakeware. The host of the show kept saying how easy it was to clean and how you could take it from the freezer to the oven with no problems. I wanted the easy to clean part. I have struggled for years getting the regular Corningware clean. It would take forever.

One evening while watching the presentation of the Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set, I decided to take the plunge and purchase it. The set comes in numerous colors so that you can have something that will match your décor. The colors are as follows.
Green
Brown
Cranberry
Blue
Lilac
Yellow
Confetti

I chose the confetti because it as some of each color in it and would go with just about anything and it will match with other pieces of the ovenware line.
The set of Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set comes with:

2-qt oval dish
3.5 qt oval dish
Two wire holders
Two lids
Two rattan trivets

The 2-qt dish measures 15-1/2"L x 8"W x 6"H and the 3.5 qt dish measures 17"L x 8-1/2"W x 7-1/2"H. The perfect size for making family dinners in or taking with you when you have a dish to bring to a dinner.

The set is hand painted so you will find that each dish isn't exactly the same and it is ceramic. Ceramic is dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, and freezer safe; oven safe to 500F

The first dish I tried in the Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set was in the 3.5 quart dish and it was macaroni and cheese. The food cooked well, didn't scorch nor was there any of the burned on cheese that usually lingers behind. I also made candied yams in the 2-quart dish.
When I had finished cooking both dishes I placed them in the wire holders with the rattan trivet in the bottom. I then loaded them into the car for a 10 mile trip to my daughter's house for dinner. Nothing spilled out and everything arrived safely. One hour later we were having dinner and the food was still nice and hot without reheating.

Now its time to eat. When serving from the Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set the food didn't stick. It just came loose from the sides and bottom of the dish like magic. It was so nice not to have to struggle and try to dig out the food. Once dinner is over, you can just cover the dish and place in the fridge for the next meal. Take it out, heat it and you are ready to go.

When it came time to wash both dishes, it was a dream come true. Nothing sticking, just a quick wash by hand and they were clean. I have since put them in the dishwasher and they come clean there, also.
When clean you can just stack them in the cabinet along with the wire holders and trivets. They don't take up a lot of room.

I have found a lot of uses for the set. With the baskets you can place the trivet on the bottom, then a clean towel and serve your hot rolls, put the trivet on the table to protect from a hot pan. If you are serving buffet style, place your silver in one basket and your napkins in the other. Just a few of the ideas.

The Temp-tations Old World 6-piece Oval Oven-to-Table Set is worth the $42.00 that I spent. I'm now waiting for different set to arrive. Summer will be here one day and these will come in handy for those backyard BBQ's.

Temp-tations Compliments Set Of 4 Mini Round Bakers With Racks - Brand

Temp-tations Compliments Set Of 4 Mini Round Bakers With Racks - Brand

Temp-tations Compliments Set of 4 Mini Round Bakers with Racks - Brand New in box! Complement your table with these adorable mini round bakers. The co...

Temp-Tations Flatware - Temp-Tations Flatware Old World Bead-Pointed Tip (Stainless) New French Solid Knife - Stainless,18/10,Glossy,Flower Tip,Beaded

Temp-tations Old World Red 3-piece Utensil Set -

Temp-tations Old World Red 3-piece Utensil Set -

Today's listing is for this 3-piece utensil set from Temp-tations. In this set, you will receive the solid spoon, a spatula and a strainer spoon. This...

Temp-tations Sonoma 9-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

Temp-tations Sonoma 9-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

I am so pleased to offer this! Customer Top Rated GREAT GIFT!Rare find! Retails $74 Ladypooh4u You Get The GREEN COLOR Set ONLY! Welcome TOP 5 STARS R...

Temp-Tations Old World-Black Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Black Sponge Bands,Yellow Dot Flowers

Temp-Tations - Temp-Tations Old World-Black Mug - Black Sponge Bands,Yellow Dot Flowers

Temp-tations Sonoma 10-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

Temp-tations Sonoma 10-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

I am so pleased to offer this! Customer Top Rated GREAT GIFT!Rare find! Retails $84 Ladypooh4u You Get The GREEN COLOR Set ONLY! Welcome TOP 5 STARS R...

Temp-tations Old World 2qt. Covered Rooster w/ Trivet & Rack

Temp-tations Old World 2qt. Covered Rooster w/ Trivet & Rack

Includes 2-qt figural rooster serving dish, ceramic trivet, and wire holder Dish: dishwasher and microwave safe; oven safe to 500F With lid, measures ...
Temp-Tations Old World-Brown Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Brown Sponge Bands,Yellow Dot Flowers

Temp-Tations - Temp-Tations Old World-Brown Mug - Brown Sponge Bands,Yellow Dot Flowers

Temp-tations Sonoma 11-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

Temp-tations Sonoma 11-piece Square Oven-to-table Set Floral Green Engraved

I am so pleased to offer this! Customer Top Rated GREAT GIFT!Rare find! Retails $84 Ladypooh4u You Get The GREEN COLOR Set ONLY! This is a stock pictu...

Temp-tations Compliments Set Of 2 - 1 Quart Round Nested Bakers - Brand

Temp-tations Compliments Set Of 2 - 1 Quart Round Nested Bakers - Brand

Temp-tations Compliments Set of 2 - 1 Quart Round Nested Bakers - Brand New in box! These round bakers complement any decor with modern floral pattern...