Shopzeus Tennessee Nylon flag 3 ft. x 5 ft. (SF3X5NOTN1) Reviews

Shopzeus Tennessee Nylon flag 3 ft. x 5 ft. (SF3X5NOTN1)

+$5.99 shipping Home Depot

Tennessee State Flag

Nov 7, 2009 (Updated Nov 7, 2009)

Pros:Tennessee born, Tennessee raised, Tennessee pride

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Displaying my Tennessee flag is an excellent way of showing pride in my state

I was born and raised in the hills of east Tennessee and have a deep abiding love for my home state.  During my lifetime, I've lived in Kentucky and Florida but I've always came "home," as it truly is where my heart lies.

We're amongst the many homes in Tennessee who fly the American flag and Tennessee flag together.  We have 2 poles on our front porch (one for each flag) where people are sure to see them when passing by.

BACKGROUND INFO ON THE TENNESSEE FLAG: The flag was designed by Captain LeRoy Reeves and was adopted as the official flag in 1905.

The colors of the flag are red, white and blue which mimics the colors of the American flag.

Tennessee Military Department says: The three stars are of pure white, representing the three grand divisions of the state. They are bound together by the endless circle of the blue field the symbol being three bound together in one-an indissoluble trinity The large field is crimson. The final blue bar relieves the sameness of the crimson field and prevents the flag from showing too much creation when hanging limp. The white edgings contrast more strongly the other colors.

Our climate is hot and humid in the summer and mild in the winter.  We tend to think the forties and fifties are very cold temperatures and panic when the weather forecast warns us of possible snow (a dusting) or ice.  We hurriedly clamor to the store where we load up on basic items in case we're snowed in (and we were in '94 for eleven days).

This flag is 3ft x 5ft and is 100% nylon.  We usually get around 2-3 years of use before replacing it.  We get around the same with the American flag as we leave them flying and don't bring them in out of the elements unless we're under a tornado watch or warning.

Due to spring rains and high temperatures in the summer months, the colors tend to fade.  The hot sun beating down on the flag causes the most damage.  I'm sure if you removed your flag every day, the colors would remain constant.

I bought mine from Amazon for around $17.  The brand information on this flag says it comes from shopzeus. I'm not familiar with them but after checking them out, I have to say I was impressed.

Displaying my Tennessee flag is a reminder to me of those who fought to make our country free.  It also represents my ancestors who fought in wars and were either injured or killed.

ddustyrose Nov 7, 2009

Trivia. In 1998 and 2008 tornado's landed in Nashville. Both did damage to the flag waving over the Capital building.  The circle of stars was torn out.  They looked as if a cannon ball had gone through them leaving a perfect circle. The rest of the flag remained intact.

TN Titans adopted the circle with three stars as their logo.  Inside the circle is a large "T" with blue and red flames.

This is my third entry in the "Lean-n-Mean VIII": http://www.epinions.com/content_5357215876 Write Off co-hosted by jurgrace and jenniferketab

Shop for Garden Center at The Home Depot. This beautiful 3 ft. x 5 ft. nylon Tennessee state flag is constructed with 100% nylon. The state flag emble...
Home Depot