Tequila Rose Strawberry Cream

Tequila Rose is delicious!

Mar 13, 2001

Pros:tastes like strawberry quik!

Cons:Easy to get drunk off of

The Bottom Line: A great tasting Liquer that will get your drunk fast.

For those of you lightweights out there (like myself) who can't stand the taste of liquor, have I got a drink for you. I'm a social drinker myself, but I pretty much hate all alcohol. I have been known to unleash the contents of my stomach after sipping a beer. Any kind of wine makes me gag, and any kind of hard liquor tastes like burning hairspray. In essence, no alcohol is good alcohol for me.

One day I was out waterskiing at the river with my friends (who are all big drinkers) and we decided to head up to the bar. I ordered a strawberry margarita because at least I can keep two of those in my stomach before I lose it. After my first margarita some of the girls wanted to do some "girls only" shots. They ordered me a tequila rose, and I was told to down the whole thing and then lick the glass--no sipping. I thought for sure the shot was going to end up on the table, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway (pardon the pun).

I was doubtful of this creamy pink drink in front of me. After all, what kind of drink is creamy and pink? Creamy especially? And it looked kinda warm, so I was scared. But on the count of three, I downed that shot glass and licked it just like I was told. Boy was I surprised! Not only did I not lose my lunch right there, but I didn't wince, shiver, make a face, or stick my tongue out. I LIKED IT!

"This tastes like strawberry Quik!" I cried out to my people. "It's delicious!"

They ordered me three more before we left, and I drank them greedily. I wanted a big, tall, frothy glass of the stuff to go with my food, but I knew that it was still alcohol, no matter how harmless it tasted.

For someone as sensitive as I am to say a drink doesn't taste bad is really something. The only other drink that comes close is Orange Hooch, which tastes like orange Slice (you should try that too sometime). I've never met as deceiving a drink as Tequila Rose.

Tequila Rose is smooth, creamy, and delicious. The only problem with it is that you're drunk before you get your fill of this delicious liquid. But getting drunk is the whole point, so who's complaining?

I was intrigued

10 Strawberry Street Cream Double Gold 8 oz Creamer and 8 oz Covered Sugar, Set, Cream with Gold Border

With a soft cream body banded in gold, this refined collection embodies a quiet elegance.

Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Flat Cup & Saucer Set, Fine China Dinnerware - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim

Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Flat Cup & Saucer Set, Fine China Dinnerware - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No T...

Ten Strawberry Street - Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Flat Cup & Saucer Set - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim
Replacements, Ltd.

10 Strawberry Street Cream Double Gold 20-Piece Dinnerware Set with Cup and Saucer, Cream with Gold Border

The 10 Strawberry Street Double Gold 20-Piece Dinnerware Set is a refined collection that embodies a quiet elegance and brilliance. It features a soft...

Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim

Ten Strawberry Street - Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Dinner Plate - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim

10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Bowls, Cream White, Set of 6

10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Bowls, Cream White, Set of 6

These basic and practical 10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Bowls can provide a clean, white backdrop to showcase your various culinary creations. ...

Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Large Rim Soup Bowl, Fine China Dinnerware - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim

Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Large Rim Soup Bowl, Fine China Dinnerware - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Tri...

Ten Strawberry Street - Ten Strawberry Street Savannah Large Rim Soup Bowl - All Cream,Embossed Waffle Design,No Trim

10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Salad Plates, Cream White, Set of 6

10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Salad Plates, Cream White, Set of 6

Add some style to your next family meal or dinner party with these innovative 10 Strawberry Street 7.3 Nova Square Salad Plates. They're ideal for a d...

Strawberry Shortcake Jewel Ring

Strawberry Shortcake Jewel Ring

Add to the berry-licious fun at your Strawberry Shortcake celebration and dress all the ladies in finery with the delightful Jewel Ring Favor. Each sw...
PartyPail.com

Ten Strawberry Street 10.5 White Dinner Plates, Set of 12

Ten Strawberry Street 10.5 White Dinner Plates, Set of 12

Give your dining table a classic and sophisticated look with the Ten Strawberry Street 10.5 White Dinner Plates. They will definitely add a touch of c...

Royal Doulton Strawberry Cream Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - Strawberry Plants,Gold Trim,No Verge

Royal Doulton - Royal Doulton Strawberry Cream Dinner Plate - Strawberry Plants,Gold Trim,No Verge