Thane Flavorwave Oven

They break early, but I found a fix for some

Nov 5, 2011
Not yet rated

Pros:Cooks great, not from frozen though.

Cons:Short life, but easy fix.

The Bottom Line: It's great, but be ready to fix it. Or be rich enough to replace it every year or two.

Great product, and no, it doesn't cook from frozen very well, but a nice alternative to a full blown oven.

I've owned several, and the problem that I've experienced is that in failure mode, it may beep as though done cooking, and the fan shuts off but the light doesn't... huge fire hazard! Don't leave it alone.

Also, often times it will stay in 'ON' mode even after being unplugged. Plug it back in and you get a huge arc and it just starts going, usually light only, no fan.

If you have experienced this, I've found a fix. I took 2 of them apart, located the relay on the circuit board (the most likely source of the problem), and gave it a sharp rap with a screwdriver handle. It fixed them both. The relay is under rated and the contacts tend to get welded shut.

Why not explore, you're going to throw it away anyhow!

Unplug the unit and remove the 4 screws holding the power head together. There are 2 boards inside. One for the display (it's just beneath the display), the other controls cooking. DON"T TOUCH THE DISPLAY BOARD! On the other board, remove the screw that holds it in place and SLIDE it out. You will see 2 large high profile yellow rectangular things (capacitors) right next to each other. Next to them is a shorter black rectangular thing. It's one of the biggest things on the board. That is the relay. Give it a sharp rap with a screwdriver handle and reassemble. It'll probably work fine for a while.

When I find the appropriate replacement part I'll repost.

If you are going to throw yours away, contact me and I'll pay shipping.

grego_safe-misc@yahoo.com

Flavorwave Tr-225-004 Turbo Oven Extender Ring

The Lotoons Store NEW Flavorwave TR-225-004 Turbo Oven Extender Ring 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPI...

Flavorwave Tr-225-004 Turbo Oven Extender Ring

NEW Flavorwave TR-225-004 Turbo Oven Extender Ring List Price $45.36 Today's price $34.89 Features Cook larger portions of food by using the extender ...