The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleanser-Rosacea Sufferers!!! Read This Review, It Might Help!!

Jan 29, 2005 (Updated Jan 30, 2005)

Pros:Smooths and Softens skin

Cons:The Scent if you're off put by floral

The Bottom Line: If you want to sooth or smooth your skin, you should try The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleanser!

In November I was diagnosed with Rosacea. I personally thought my doctor was nuts. I had acne NOT rosacea! I was getting these huge welts on my forehead and chin that seemed to last for months. I never could seem to clear them up. A trip to my general physician was warranted to help clear up this thorn in my side...er on my face. I was unable to get a dermatologist appointment in my county because they have an eight-month waiting list! Yes, 8 months! I think Florida the skin cancer capital of the country.

Anyway, after being diagnosed with Rosacea I started surfing the web for some more detailed information about this funky skin problem that 14 million Americans suffer from. Come to find out rosacea presents itself differently in people. I had a misconception that rosacea came in the form of red, ruddy skin that looked like a rash. Or the "big nose" rosacea, which causes your nose to look like WC Field. It doesn't! It can disguise itself as ACNE! Read an except from the website http://www.about-rosacea.com/symptoms.htm:

-Common Symptoms
•Flushing or blushing that occurs easily and often and lasts longer than normal.
•Rashes and redness on part or all of the face. (Known as erythema). Often has the appearance of sunburn and may become worse over time.

•Burning or stinging sensations

•Skin pimple-like eruptions which may be solid (called papules or nodules) or puss filled (known as pustules). This may look a lot like acne but whiteheads or blackheads (common symptoms of acne) and not normally present. This skin condition may result in dry skin.

•Visible red lines on the face called telangiectasis. These lines are caused by enlarged or damaged blood vessels.

• Red, sore or gritty eyes or eyelids. Eye symptoms are know by the term Ocular Rosacea.

I'm #4. Skin pimple-like eruptions which may be solid, etc.

And all this time I was treating this condition like it was acne and wondering why it was getting worse and not better. I could kiss my physician!

So, how does this lead me into a review on The Body Shop Vitamin E Skin Cleanser? I'm glad you asked!

Prior to my diagnosis I was using products to combat acne. I was using The Body Shop Tea Tree products, using salicylic acid products and more or less making my rosacea stand up and scream at me!

It wasn't till I got an Rx topical cream from my doctor and switched to The Body Shop Vitamin E products that my skin calmed down and cleared up!

The Product:
The Body Shop Vitamin E cleanser is for all skin types. It's a cream cleanser, so there are no suds. It's in a pink container and has a pink tint to it, and smells a tad bit like roses. A big huge turn off to me! First of all, any pink products for some reason turn me off. But the rose scent was just about too much to bear for me since I'm not crazy about floral scents.

This cream cleanser gently removes dirt, oil and makeup from all skin types. It has Vitamin E in it, which means it does more than clean! Vitamin E is an antioxidant, which keeps your skin soft/supple and protects it from free radical damage. It also has Aloe Vera Gel in it, which soothes and softens skin and prevents irritation.

The cost is $10 for a 6.8 oz bottle, of which you use only a pea sized about for each cleansing. Just wet your face, squeeze a pea size amount into your hand and rub onto your face to cleanse it. Then rinse.

Ingredients:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Tridecyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

You can purchase the Vitamin E Cleanser from any The Body Shop at Home Consultant around the country, through The Body Shop retail stores or through The Body Shop website.

My Experience:
I've had the Vitamin E cleanser in my possession for almost a year and never once even considered using it. It's no secret that I'm a The Body Shop at Home Consultant. And I don't say that here to try and gain more customers, or to promote my business. I say that to let you know that I've had extensive skincare training with The Body Shop at Home and I ignored the number one best selling skincare line that The Body Shop sells for a WHOLE YEAR because the scent was off putting to me! What a great sales person I am huh?

I finally broke down and tried the product after hearing rave reviews from my customers about it. I thought I could handle the scent just one time to try it out. Not to mention I was trying to treat my acne vs. Rocacea and thought the Vitamin E products wouldn't work for acne prone skin. Once I found out what triggers rosacea I learned I need to stop all acne type treatments because that was part of what was causing my outbreaks. I'm not saying that if you have rosacea this product will help you. I can't determine that. I know it's helped me though! I would never recommend this product as a treatment for Rosacea, but it's been a godsend for my skin and me.

That being said, I saw and felt a difference in my skin IMMEDIATELY! When I rinsed the product off my skin I was floored at how soft and smooth my skin felt. It didnˇ¦t feel irritated or stripped. And guess what? The scent washed down the drain along with all my makeup, oil and dirt from my face. There was a Very light floral scent left to my skin that wasn't off putting at all! I love this cleanser now and start to panic when I get low. I've also started using the Vitamin E eye cream, which is good for people who suffer from dark circles (ME!) and puffiness under their eyes. As well, I've added the Vitamin E night cream to my evening skincare regime. They've also come out with a Vitamin E Hydrating Mask that I can't WAIT to try!

Now, do I agree that this product is for ALL SKINTYPES? Gosh, that's a toughie. I guess each company has to generalize their skincare lines, some more than others. And I'm very impressed with The Body Shop that they have so many different lines of skincare products formulated for so many different skin types,(oily, dry, dull, ruddy etc). But if I were trying to fit someone with this skincare line I would say that I think the products are more or less too emollient for anyone with very oily or very sensitive skin. And someone with dry to very dry skin on their face, could definitely use this cleanser, but might want to think about another line of moisturizer specifically designed for dry skin, such as the grapeseed or hemp line. But other skin types could definitely benefit from the Vitamin E cleanser!

That being said, if you're looking for a very gentle cleanser that's specifically designed to smooth, soften, hydrate and protect your skin, this is the one for you!

Vitamin E Moisture Cream 1.7 oz

Vitamin E Moisture Cream 1.7 oz

Everybody's favorite and our bestseller. An easily absorbed daily moisturising cream that has the lightness of a lotion with the moisturising benefits...

Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator 2.5 fl oz

Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator 2.5 fl oz

A light and creamy facial scrub to gently exfoliate without irritating the skin, leaving it feeling smooth, soft and refined....

Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream 1.7 oz

Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream 1.7 oz

A daily moisturizing cream with light diffusing particles that helps to protet the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth with a luminous, healthy-l...

Vitamin E Eye Cream 0.5 fl oz

Vitamin E Eye Cream 0.5 fl oz

A moisturizing eye cream that helps protect the delicate skin around the eye area, reducing the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles,...

Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream 1.7 oz

Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream 1.7 oz

With rich wheat germ oil to replenish and revitalize skin while you snooze. A rich, nourishing cream that helps replenish antioxidant and moisture lev...

Vitamin E Cream Cleanser 6.7 fl oz

Vitamin E Cream Cleanser 6.7 fl oz

A light and creamy cleanser. It gently lifts dirt, make-up and impurities to leave the skin feeling soft, supple and smooth....

4 Pack Lot - Natureplex Vitamin E Body Cream 1.5 Oz

4 Pack Lot - Natureplex Vitamin E Body Cream 1.5 Oz

Natureplex VITAMIN E BODY CREAM This sale is for a lot of 4 BRAND NEW Skin Quenching Body Cream Helps Dry, Flaky Skin Moisturizes and Soothes Enriched...

2 Vitamin E Body Cream Revitalizing/protects/hydrates, Mellow® 8.47 Fl.oz 250ml

2 Vitamin E Body Cream Revitalizing/protects/hydrates, Mellow® 8.47 Fl.oz 250ml

*SENSIBLY PRICED**100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE **14 DAY RETURN POLICY* *NO HANDLING FEE* *SAME DAY SHIPPING* *COMBINED SHIPPING* *USPS FIRST CLASS**FIR...

Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment 2.5 fl oz

Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment 2.5 fl oz

An easily-absorbed moisturizing hand and nail treatment cream that helps to protect, condition, and soften the hands, nails, and cuticles. Ideal for e...