The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion Spf 15 Reviews

The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion Spf 15

The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion makes me and my face happy

Jun 16, 2004 (Updated Jun 18, 2004)

Pros:Nice, light moisturizer with UVA/UVB protection. Great for many skin types.

Cons:Light floral fragrance might not be pleasing to all.

The Bottom Line: Great light moisturizer appropriate for many skin types. Vitamin E and Aloe improve texture and overall appearance. Offers good sun protection. Highly recommended.

Back when I was a cubicle dweller up until a few years ago, my skin was in pretty good shape as I was inside in a controlled environment for most of the day. However, now that I'm a stay-at-home mom and am outdoors quite a bit more, especially during the summer months, I find that my skin is not so cooperative with me anymore. With a lot more exposure to sun, wind, and air pollutants, I needed to find a facial moisturizer that could provide protection from not only these elements, but also deal with occasional spats of oiliness as well.

The answer to my summertime skin care dilemma came from the Body Shop with their Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion SPF 15.

A little bit about the product

The Body Shop's Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion SPF 15 comes in a 2.5 fluid ounce tube (75 mL.), light pink in color, with a flip-top lid.

On their web site (www.bodyshop.com), the Body Shop states that Vitamin E is important antioxidant because "it can help protect the skin from the harmful effects of pollution and extreme weather."

In addition it states on its packaging that it provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays.

The lotion itself is white in color and has an ever-so-light floral scent. I found the scent to be pleasing--not too heavy or overwhelming.

Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion is available in the Body Shop retail outlets or it may be ordered through a Body Shop at Home Independent Sales Consultant. Retail price is $12.

Like all Body Shop products, it is not tested on animals.

Active ingredients (sunscreen):

7.5% Octinoxate, 5.0% Octisalate, 2.32% Titanium Dioxide

Complete list of ingredients, as taken from package:

Water, Octyl Stearate,Aloe Barbadonis Gel, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalone, Stearic Acid, Penoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Alumina, Sodium Polyacrylate, Silica, Xanthan Gum. Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

My Experiences

After cleansing my skin with the Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser, I apply a small nickel-size amount of the Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion to my face and neck. It absorbs quickly and is not sticky at all. I will then apply my usual makeup over it. Sometimes I may apply more later in the day if I plan to be in the sun.

Its consistency is perfect: not runny or too thick. It is easy to dispense from the tube.

I am very pleased with the results of Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion. It really seems to have rejuvenated my skin and improved the texture and overall appearance. My oily patches are much less of a problem than they used to be. I am also not having any breakouts, unlike I did when I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer.

Another positive is that it doesn't have that scent that screams "I'm wearing sunscreen!"

Many products on the market are very gimmicky, promising lots of miracles if you use them. I like that the Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion is not this type of product. It's a nice, simple product that delivers excellent results and doesn't add a lot of fancy ingredients that really don't live up to the hype. The Aloe and Vitamin E do seem to do what the Body Shop says they do and that's all I really wanted: good protection, better overall skin texture, and a moisturizer that could work with my peculiar summer skin.

Cons?

Like the Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser, it has a light floral scent. I love the scent but there is always the chance that it might not to appeal to some. For that reason, an unscented formulation would always be nice.

Final Recommendations

I am extremely happy with the Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Day Lotion. With my weird skin in summer it is somewhat challenging to effectively deal with the parts of my face that need extra moisture and protection, without my making my oily patches go ballistic. With this wonderful moisturizer all of the skin cells on my face seem to be one happy, satisfied family.

Definitely recommended!

Many thanks to shantel575 for adding this product to the database.

Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes 25 wipes

Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes 25 wipes

Keep these tucked in your gym bag for quick post-workout cleansing. Convenient and easy to use cleansing wipes that remove make-up and impurities, cle...
The Body Shop

Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator 2.5 fl oz

Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator 2.5 fl oz

A light and creamy facial scrub to gently exfoliate without irritating the skin, leaving it feeling smooth, soft and refined....
The Body Shop

Forever Spring Vitamin E Facial Oil Free Ship

Forever Spring Vitamin E Facial Oil Free Ship

This auction is for a new/fresh/sealed spray bottle of Forever Springs Vitamin E Facial Spray Oil. A unique blend of 28,000 IU vitamin E and elastomer...

Vitamin C Facial Drops

Vitamin C Facial Drops

Erase the toll the years have taken on your skin the natural way with these vitamin C facial drops. Free of chemicals, parabens, and synthetics, this ...
Vermont Country Store

Mena Facial Cream Stick Vitamin E Uv Whiten Skin Whitening Prevent Blemishes

Mena Facial Cream Stick Vitamin E Uv Whiten Skin Whitening Prevent Blemishes

MENA FACIAL CREAM STICK VITAMIN E UV WHITEN SKIN WHITENING PREVENT BLEMISHES Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 6 Sticks of Mena Facia...

Derma-E - Refining Vitamin A And Glycolic Facial Scrub With Vitamins C & E - 4 oz.

Derma-E Refining Vitamin A & Glycolic Facial Scrub With Vitamins C and E 4 oz. (113 g) Derma E Refining Vitamin A and Glycolic Facial Scrub exfoliates...
LuckyVitamin.com

Mena Facial Skin Whitening Cream Vitamin E Uv Moisturizing Lighten Skin 3grams

Mena Facial Skin Whitening Cream Vitamin E Uv Moisturizing Lighten Skin 3grams

MENA FACIAL SKIN WHITENING CREAM VITAMIN E UV MOISTURIZING LIGHTEN SKIN 3grams Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 6 Sticks of Mena Facial Skin Whitenin...

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, 3.3-Fluid Ounce

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, 3.3-Fluid Ounce

Product Information: Vitamin E Face Mist is a quick skin pick-me up and excellent for setting make-up. Spritz it on for instant refreshment, moisture,...