The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask  (Nintendo 64, 2000) Reviews

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64, 2000)

Missed Hyrule in Majora's Mask

Dec 2, 2003

Pros:Good graphics

Cons:Time limit, lots of boring puzzle type stuff, not enough fighting action

The Bottom Line: I was disapionted with Majora's Mask after playing OoT...this game missed the dramatic story line that OoT had, but its a Zelda game, so its still an ok buy :)

I have to say...I am really disapointed with Majora's Mask. If you've ever played Ocarina of Time, dont be expecting the same thrill here. It's pretty clear that this game was a rush job...the plot is pretty lame. Here are some of the things in it that are kind of anoying: ~~1) I have to say the most anoying thing about this game is probably the Clock...the game would be a whole lot better without the Clock even in it!!! For example you might beat a temple on day 3, have to go back to day 1 and in the process lose some of your stuff(even some stuff such as swords) or you might be at the end of the temple at day 3 and just run out of time... then go back to day 1 to start the temple all over!!! The game would have been much better without the clock at all. ~~2) Many(and i mean MANY) of the characters are recycled characters from OoT ~~3) This game seems to have lost the almost "medevil" type feel that OoT seemed to kinda have..for example some characters wear modern things like basball hats...theres a post office man with modern post office clothes, etc. ~~4) The whole environment seems much smaller...basicly just Clock Town, the various temples, and a very small field, "Termina field"...I do have to admit that I missed Hyrule ~~5) The sound wasnt as good as OoT, the graphics where OK...but the attaintion to detail did'nt seem half as good as OoT ~~6) last, the scenarios were pretty jerky and just not as smooth as they could have been.
Overall the game was definatly a rush job to get it on the market ASAP...not what I was expecting...but none the less its a Zelda game :)...so I would'nt recommend not buying it.

Vintage gameplay with a 3-day twist, including all the swordplay, boomerang throwing & clever puzzles introduced into the 3D realm by Ocarina of Time.