The Newlywed Game

How well do you know your significant other?

Dec 1, 2000

Pros:fun

Cons:unnecessary pieces

How well do you know your significant other? Play the Newlywed Game and find out how little you do know!

OK I admit it, I watch the Newlywed Game on TV and LIKE it. I have always enjoyed this game show and still occasionally watch it on Game Show Network.

If you have read any of my other reviews, you know I like to play games (board games). So of course, I had to purchase the Newlywed Game. The problem was- finding others to play with me!

We now have a ritual, we have an adult game night about once every six months or so. My sister’s and their spouse, some friends and their spouse and Jim and I get together for a night of the Newlywed Game. To make it more interesting, we all throw in ten dollars and the couple that wins, gets the money.

The game is recommended for adults (there are some explicit questions- like strangest place you made whoopee- not something I want my children knowing the answer to!) and two to four couples are needed. We play with as many couples as we can get, usually there are six couples that join in on the fun.

Out of the box the game comes with a booklet with 250 questions and 20 bonus questions, answer folders, crayons, and a score sheet. The object of the game is to answer the most questions the same as your spouse to score the most points. The couple with the most points at the end of the game wins. You do not have to be a newlywed to play. My parents enjoy playing and they have been married 40 years!

The game is a bit different from the game show. You will need a person to ask the questions. Either the male or female will be asked 6 questions. That person writes down the “answers” to the question as they think their significant other will. This is where the answer folder and crayons come into play. You are to write your answers on paper with your crayon and place them in your folder. Actually we do not use these; we use pens and notepads.

The first three questions if answered correctly are worth 20 points each. The fourth and fifth questions are worth 50 each. The sixth question is worth 100 points.

The score can be kept with the score pad or again, we apt for a notebook and paper. If you have more then four couples you will need to find another means of keeping score because the score pad only allows for four couples.

My biggest complaint with this game is there are lots of unnecessary parts. I think they should just sell a book of questions and leave the answer folders, crayons and score pad out.

Also after 25 rounds, you have used up all the questions. It would be nice if they would sell extra game question books. We have started making up some of our own questions.

Warning- this game can cause some spouses to get upset. One of the questions is which of your spouses friends do you find attractive. Well one of my friends wasn’t too happy with the answer her hubby gave. I think he had to sleep on the couch for a few nights. Just remember, the game is all in fun.

I think the game is fun and we always have a good laugh playing. It’s fun getting to know your significant other all over again and getting to know your friends better too. Each time we play, I learn something new!

If you are looking for an interesting twist to game night, have an adult game night and purchase the Newlywed Game. Find how much you know, or don’t, about your significant other.

The Newlywed Game - Deluxe Edition (board & Dvd Game) Adult Couples Endless

The Newlywed Game - Deluxe Edition (board & Dvd Game) Adult Couples Endless

You are purchasing a brand new board DVD game: The Newlywed Game - Deluxe Edition.This item is factory sealed; the item pictured is also the item you ...

1986 Chuck Berris Prod. Pressman the Newlywed Game Factory Sealed

1986 Chuck Berris Prod. Pressman the Newlywed Game Factory Sealed

Now all couples can play television's most provacative game show - at home! In this exciting party game, couples compete to answer questions in four e...

Newlyweds Nesting Doll 7 Piece Set

Newlyweds Nesting Doll 7 Piece Set

Exclusive Quality Babushka Doll This Newlyweds nesting dolls features a traditional peaceful scene of a newly wedded couple enjoying winter activities...
GreatRussianGifts.com

Newlywed Survival Kit 11 Items Inside - Novelty Gift Adorable

Newlywed Survival Kit 11 Items Inside - Novelty Gift Adorable

Daisy72156 Store These are Hand Made so all will be different from the one pictured with different colored crayons, candles, M M’s, puzzle pieces, t...