The Sims 2: Nightlife for PC Reviews

The Sims 2: Nightlife for PC

The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion

Jul 5, 2008

Pros:Great expansion

Cons:nothing

The Bottom Line: The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion is a great way to complete your game.

The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion pack was given to me as a gift. A friend gave it to me for my last birthday because I am always playing the Sims game when he stops by. I have to say first that I was very glad to get it. I love playing the Sims and I have all the major expansions for it. This one just added perfectly in to the mix.

How to install the game:

It is simple enough to install the Sims 2 Night Life game expansion. First be sure that The Sims 2 original game is installed because with out the original game installed this one will not install. To start the installation process, just remove the plastic from the box. Take the disk out and put it in. You can then choose what install option that you want. You can choose to do a custom install and place the game where you want it on your PC. Or you can choose to use the recommended install which will place it right on your C drive for you. Then you will be asked for the Sims 2 disk 1 from the original game. You click done and then it checks for updates on it's own.

What you get that is new:

Your Sims can now drive their own cars instead of calling a taxi when they want to leave. You now have cars in your object menu. There are drive ways and garage items to add to your game. There are more decorations suited for night clubs, dining places and more. There are date tables and rose and things like that. You get at least a hundred new items that include all the ones that I listed. You even get new out fits for your Sims to wear, new make up and much more.

Who should play this game:

The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion is rated E for every one. It can be played by children 6 and over. My daughter is six and she plays it daily. We all have fun playing this game. It is easy and a lot of fun to play. It is one of the top expansions for the game.

Graphics and sounds:

Considering this expansion pack runs from the original game there is not a whole lot of change in the graphics or sound. They are both as good as ever and work great. There is no skipping and there are no problems with the video or the sounds at all. I have no complaints about the sound or video. The one thing that varies is the down town scenes at night. They are more well lit and bright.

Game requirements:

You need to have Windows 98 or higher in order to run this game in your computer. We have Windows XP and like I said every thing in the game works great. I have had no trouble at all since installing it a couple of months ago.

How to play:

To play the The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion is easy enough. It is a spin off of the original with all the same stuff plus more added to it. If you know how to play the Sims it is likely that you already know how to use the The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion as well. That is how easy it is to play.

With this expansion pack in your game you can now go out in groups, start your own group or circle of friends. If you do this you can ask them to get together at any time and you will be able to get them all together at one time. If you go to a meeting place away from your Sim home you can have many friends go along. If you have a get together at your home it allows you to have only a few at a time or the police will come break up your get together due to too much noise.

You are now able to ask a Sim on a date. You can ask if you like the Sims, are friends with the Sim and so fourth. You will only get turned down if ou relationship with that person is next to nothing at all. You can also find a date by calling the psychic by phone. She will come over and you can pay her to get you the perfect date that matches your Sim's chosen turn on and turn offs.

This will ensure that you are meeting with another Sim that you will get along with. You have to pay the psychic to find the date for you. The more you pay her the better the match will be. If you pay her only a thousand she will match your turn offs. If you go all the way up to five thousand she will find you some one that matches your turn ons, turn offs and personality.

The game also allows vampire Sims to attack you at night, and a ware wolf just may pop out of the woods and bite you. If either bites you, you become like them and will have to buy a reverse potion to turn back. If you become a vampire you will need to bu a coffin instead of a bed. Have your house have no windows at all and make sure that your Sim stays up all night and sleeps through the day or they will die from the sun. You can also bite and infect other Sims, or fly like a bat. This is a little far fetched but makes the game fun to play.

There are many new places to visit down town. You can choose your town's night life down town before starting that section and you can build your own city down town if you want. It takes a lot of time to do that but the turn out can be very nice for the game.

Now that you Sim has a car he can car pool to work with another Sim in the house. He can drive himself to work, take the kid Sims to school, or if he is a teen or she is a teen they can drive to school or work. You have to assign a driver and owner for each car. But other teen or adults can still use that car as well. You should install an alarm. This takes an hour out of your Sim time and then at least your car will not get stolen off of your lot.

What I think and my recommendations:

There are a lot of fun new things that you can do with your game now that The Sims 2 Night Life game expansion is installed with your game. It does not have conflict with any of the other expansion packs. I find that to be the best part. You'd think it would have some conflict since I have so many expansions running in the game. But it doesn't at all. We all like playing the Sims 2 Night Life game expansion. It is a great way to pass time and have fun at the same time. I like it a lot. If I had not gotten it for my birthday I would have ended up buying it myself.

I have seen the Sims 2 Night Life game expansion pack for sale at Walmart and Target stores. Both places are close to the same price. It was $21.99 at Walmart and $22.99 at Target. The price is good. It is better then when it first came out because it was top dollar then. I do recommend giving this game a try.

The Sims 2 Deluxe Nightlife + Bonus Cd For Pc Xp/vista Brand New/sealed

The Sims 2 Deluxe Nightlife + Bonus Cd For Pc Xp/vista Brand New/sealed

The Sims 2 Deluxe includes both The Sims 2 and The Sims 2: Nightlife. Players may create a neighborhood full of characters and then lead them through ...

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Pc With Nightlife Expansion Pac Brand Sealed

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Pc With Nightlife Expansion Pac Brand Sealed

Create your own houses, neighborhoods, Sims, and family dynasties—then watch it all come to life!

The Sims 2: Nightlife (pc, 2005) Brnad

The Sims 2: Nightlife (pc, 2005) Brnad

Take your SIM out for a night on the town with SIMS 2: NIGHTLIFE EXPANSION PACK, which includes bars, karaoke, and even a vampire.

The Sims 2: Nightlife Expansion Pack Pc Cd-rom (free Us Shipping)

The Sims 2: Nightlife Expansion Pack Pc Cd-rom (free Us Shipping)

The Sims 2: Nightlife (pc, 2005) Eu Import

The Sims 2: Nightlife (pc, 2005) Eu Import

Sims 3: Starter Pack : PC/Mac Hybrid

Sims 3: Starter Pack : PC/Mac Hybrid

As its name implies, The Sims 3: Starter Pack is a compilation designed to introduce EA's massively popular simulation to gamers. The bundle includes ...
Family Video

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Pc With Celebration Stuff Pack And Nightlife Expansion

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Pc With Celebration Stuff Pack And Nightlife Expansion

The Sims 2: Double Deluxe package includes the main Sims 2 game, its Nightlife expansion pack, and the Celebration Stuff collection of add-on objects....

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (3 Pc Games) Nightlife+celebration Stuff Free Us Ship