Click to see larger image
What to do if you are getting a cold or flu?
Oct 10, 2009 (Updated Oct 10, 2009)
Review by holia123
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Helps to feel better
good value for $
Cons:Not suitable for children under 12
The Bottom Line: If you are getting a common cold or flu symptoms, a hot cup of Theraflu will help you to come back to life!
Theraflu is something I would recommend to keep at home in case someone in your family is getting sick. Whenever you feel cold, severe cold or flu symptoms (sore throat, fever, headache, runny nose, chest / head congestion, body ache, etc) Theraflu is ready to help you! There are different kinds of Theraflu such as caplets, syrups, vapor patches and flowing vapors but I personally prefer hot liquid formulas. It feels so good to your throat when you drink it hot, and it helps you immediately!
Recommend this product?
There are different kinds of Theraflu liquid formulas. Pick which one is better for your condition:
- Severe cold and cough;
- Sinus and Cold
- Flu and sore throat;
- Flu and chest congestion.
You can pick one for day- or nighttime. There are different flavors, too: citrus, honey & lemon, cherry, apple & cinnamon, orange or lemon. Lemon is my favorite. I think it is the most natural taste of all of them and tastes like lemonade.
The last time I bought "Theraflu flu and chest congestion" (with natural citrus flavor) that helped a lot!
It contains 2 active ingredients:
1. Acetaminophen which is a well-known pain reliever and fever reducer, and
2. Guaifenesin, which is an expectorant that helps to relieve respiratory difficulties (thins mucus, makes cough more productive, clears airways).
The package of this Theraflu contains 6 packets (6 doses) of the powder. 1 packet is 1 dose that you need to dissolve into 8 oz. hot water and consume while hot within 10-15 minutes. The citrus flavor is pretty good, doesn't taste yucky at all.
In order to prevent any side effects you should follow all the directions carefully and make sure you don't overdose. Don't take more than 4 packets in 24 hour period, in other words, the interval between taking Theraflu is 6 hours! To reduce any possible risk of side effects you should provide good hydration - drink a lot of fluids. It's always better to take Theraflu with meals; you shouldn't drink alcoholic beverages while using this medicine; don't consume with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
"Theraflu Flu and Chest congestion" is not suitable for children under 4 years old and not recommended for children 4 to under 12 years of age unless directed by a doctor. If you have liver disease or experience really bad cough with too much mucus, as well as if you are pregnant or breast-feeding you should consult your doctor before using Theraflu. When I was pregnant and breast-feeding my Doctor and Lactose consultant said it was OK to take Theraflu, but once again no more than 1 packet (=1 dose) per a 6-hour period.
Theraflu is available at any grocery / drug store, and you don't need a prescription. The package of 6 packets cost ~$5.50 - $6.
Made in USA.
Usually I don't take more than 3 packets of Theraflu, total. It helps so quickly, surprisingly! However, I combine it with the other methods of treatments, such as:
* Lots of fluids (it's not recommended to drink cold fluids if your throat is sore). I drink room temperature water, juices, milk, and of course, a lot of hot tea with lemon or herbs.
* Honey. It has been used for centuries as a treatment for sore throats and coughs, and as effective as many common cough medicines. Consuming slowly it coats your throat providing antibacterial and antiseptic healing properties. I would recommend organic honey.
* Lot's of vitamin C (vitamin C tabs, lemons, oranges, natural orange juice)
* Gargling of sore throat with baking soda and salt, or herbs like calendula. It DOES help a lot!!!
* Garlic (has great antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial activity! Yeah, it doesn't taste like chocolate, but it does help to fight the virus! I usually eat a few cloves of garlic with a few pieces of toasts with butter, so the taste is not too strong.
* Heating pads for runny nose and sore throat
* Ointment for throat (cough suppressant topical analgesic), external use
* Warm socks. Keep your feet warm in order to feel better quicker
* Good rest and sleep
** My Grandma used to bring me a fruit of pomegranate when I was sick. It's good for your blood, heart and overall. It's seasonal, but it comes right on the cold season. It's already available at Wal-mart.
I do believe that taking a drug like Theraflu is not enough to fight a virus; you should help yourself to fight it, following these simple procedures. Theraflu will definitely help you to feel better, so you will have energy to do the rest and recover quickly.
I wish everyone to stay in good health!
Read all comments (3)
Share this product review with your friends
This allnatural decongestant uses Horseradish root, Elder Flower and Yarrow Leaf to constrict swollen nasal membranes. Then, Eyebright and Calendula r...
Eucalyptus Salve Chest Rub Respiratory and nasal congestion, cough, eases breathing 2 oz Many of us, when sick as children, remember how good it felt ...
Advil Allergy & Congestion Relief Coated Tablets 10 ea
Flu Oral solutionNo matter how old you are, the flu is never fun. Bring the fun back into your child's life when you take the sick away with Kids Reli...
Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief
ul Relieves chest congestion 2 Thins loosens mucus 3 Easy to swallow 100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.
Stop Suffering from Sinus Symptoms Get Real Sinus Congestion Relief Now !(Completely Natural with No drugs - No Side Effects!) Are You Tired of Using ...
Cold And Flu Relief 60 Tablets