TheraFlu Flu & Chest Congestion Relief Powder - 6 Ea Reviews

TheraFlu Flu & Chest Congestion Relief Powder - 6 Ea

What to do if you are getting a cold or flu?

Oct 10, 2009 (Updated Oct 10, 2009)

Pros:Helps to feel better
good flavor
available everywhere
good value for $

Cons:Not suitable for children under 12

The Bottom Line: If you are getting a common cold or flu symptoms, a hot cup of Theraflu will help you to come back to life!

Theraflu is something I would recommend to keep at home in case someone in your family is getting sick. Whenever you feel cold, severe cold or flu symptoms (sore throat, fever, headache, runny nose, chest / head congestion, body ache, etc) Theraflu is ready to help you!  There are different kinds of Theraflu such as caplets, syrups, vapor patches and flowing vapors but I personally prefer hot liquid formulas. It feels so good to your throat when you drink it hot, and it helps you immediately!

There are different kinds of Theraflu liquid formulas. Pick which one is better for your condition:
-          Severe cold and cough;
-          Sinus and Cold
-          Flu and sore throat;
-          Flu and chest congestion.

You can pick one for day- or nighttime. There are different flavors, too: citrus, honey & lemon, cherry, apple & cinnamon, orange or lemon. Lemon is my favorite. I think it is the most natural taste of all of them and tastes like lemonade.

The last time I bought "Theraflu flu and chest congestion" (with natural citrus flavor) that helped a lot!

It contains 2 active ingredients:

1. Acetaminophen which is a well-known pain reliever and fever reducer, and
2.  Guaifenesin, which is an expectorant that helps to relieve respiratory difficulties (thins mucus, makes cough more productive, clears airways).

The package of this Theraflu contains 6 packets (6 doses) of the powder. 1 packet is 1 dose that you need to dissolve into 8 oz. hot water and consume while hot within 10-15 minutes. The citrus flavor is pretty good, doesn't taste yucky at all.

In order to prevent any side effects you should follow all the directions carefully and make sure you don't overdose. Don't take more than 4 packets in 24 hour period, in other words, the interval between taking Theraflu is 6 hours! To reduce any possible risk of side effects you should provide good hydration - drink a lot of fluids. It's always better to take Theraflu with meals; you shouldn't drink alcoholic beverages while using this medicine; don't consume with other drugs containing acetaminophen.

"Theraflu Flu and Chest congestion" is not suitable for children under 4 years old and not recommended for children 4 to under 12 years of age unless directed by a doctor. If you have liver disease or experience really bad cough with too much mucus, as well as if you are pregnant or breast-feeding you should consult your doctor before using Theraflu. When I was pregnant and breast-feeding my Doctor and Lactose consultant said it was OK to take Theraflu, but once again no more than 1 packet (=1 dose)  per a 6-hour period.

Theraflu is available at any grocery / drug store, and you don't need a prescription. The package of 6 packets cost ~$5.50 - $6.

Made in USA.

Personal experience

Usually I don't take more than 3 packets of Theraflu, total. It helps so quickly, surprisingly! However, I combine it with the other methods of treatments, such as:

* Lots of fluids (it's not recommended to drink cold fluids if your throat is sore). I drink room temperature water, juices, milk, and of course, a lot of hot tea with lemon or herbs.
* Honey. It has been used for centuries as a treatment for sore throats and coughs, and as effective as many common cough medicines. Consuming slowly it coats your throat providing antibacterial and antiseptic healing properties.  I would recommend organic honey.
* Lot's of vitamin C (vitamin C tabs, lemons, oranges, natural orange juice)
* Gargling of sore throat with baking soda and salt, or herbs like calendula. It DOES help a lot!!!
* Garlic (has great antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial activity! Yeah, it doesn't taste like chocolate, but it does help to fight the virus! I usually eat a few cloves of garlic with a few pieces of toasts with butter, so the taste is not too strong.
* Heating pads for runny nose and sore throat
* Ointment for throat (cough suppressant topical analgesic), external use
* Warm socks. Keep your feet warm in order to feel better quicker
* Good rest and sleep

** My Grandma used to bring me a fruit of pomegranate when I was sick. It's good for your blood, heart and overall. It's seasonal, but it comes right on the cold season. It's already available at Wal-mart.

I do believe that taking a drug like Theraflu is not enough to fight a virus; you should help yourself to fight it, following these simple procedures. Theraflu will definitely help you to feel better, so you will have energy to do the rest and recover quickly.

----------------------
I wish everyone to stay in good health!

Theraflu Day & Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Relief Tea Packets, 12 count

Theraflu Day & Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Relief Tea Packets, 12 count

Theraflu Day & Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Relief Tea Packets provide powerful non-prescription medication to help you feel better. Multi-Symptom Se...

Theraflu Berry & Green Tea Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer - 6 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Theraflu day time severe cold & cough provides powerful relief of daytime nasal congestion, sore throat, c...

Theraflu Multi-Symptom Severe Cold Powder Packets Lipton Green Tea & Honey Lemon Flavors - 6 ct

Theraflu Honey Lemon & White Tea Multi-Symptom Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer - 6 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Theraflu night time severe cold & cough provides powerful relief of night time nasal congestion, sore thro...

Theraflu Honey Lemon & White Tea Nighttime Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer - 12 Count

Theraflu Green Tea & Honey Lemon Multi-Symptom Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer - 6 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Theraflu multi-symptom severe cold with lipton flavors provides powerful relief of daytime nasal congestio...

Children's Delsym Dm Cough + Chest Congestion Relief Cherry Flavored Liquid, 6oz

Children's Delsym DM Cough + Chest Congestion Relief Cherry Flavored Liquid helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronc...

Congestion Relief, 50/Box

Non-drowsy relief of sinus pressure, nasal swelling and congestion and headache.
Physicians Care Advil Congestion Relief - 50 Per Box Multicolor - 90035

Physicians Care Advil Congestion Relief - 50 Per Box Multicolor - 90035

Shop for Pain and Fever from Hayneedle.com! Treat nasal swelling, congestion, and headache with the PhysiciansCare Advile Congestion Relief - 50 Per B...
Hayneedle