Thomas Everything Bagel Thins Bagels  Reviews

Thomas Everything Bagel Thins Bagels

ratings (3 Epinions reviews)

Bagel Thins Review

Mar 17, 2011

Pros:Lower in calories and fat, higher in fiber

Cons:Taste, texture, not satisfying

The Bottom Line: Didn't taste like the classic version as claimed.  Not enough flavor.

For a year I have been purchasing Sandwich Thins, and I make my sandwiches out of these instead of bread.  Just a few days ago I was shopping at Fred Meyer and saw a large display (near the dairy aisle) for Thomas' Bagel Thins, in my favorite bagel flavor "Everything" and decided to give them a try.

The bag contains 8 thin bagels, and retailed for $3.00.  These are not packaged the same as the regular Thomas' Everything Pre-Sliced Bagels.  The Bagel Thins are packaged inside a small bag, then placed in the larger bag.

Bagel Thins are described as 8 thin pre-sliced bagels with the "Classic Thomas' Bagel Taste".  The Bagel Thins obviously have less calories - only 110 per bagel, compared to the regular version which has 270.  The thin version also has a mere 1 gram of fat compared to 4 grams with the classic version.

The back of the bag states that each Bagel Thin provides 5 grams of fiber (regular version has 3), they are made without high fructose corn syrup, no artificial sweeteners, no trans fat, no cholesterol and low in fat.

Just like the original version, the Bagel Thins are covered with sesame seeds, poppy seeds and onions.  When I placed two of the Bagel Thins next to one of the original bagels, the thins were slightly thicker, but not by much.

As much as I love Thomas' Everything Bagels, the Everything Bagel Thins truly disappointed me.  When I pulled the two pieces apart the bottom portion was extremely thin and always gets over browned in my toaster.  I actually ate the top half this morning, toasting it and adding cream cheese, but it did not taste the same.  I sat here eating away at it, not really enjoying it, then I asked myself "Why are you eating something you aren't enjoying?"  And that ended that, one third of the Bagel Thin went into the garbage.

Clearly there are more changes to the thin version that simply making them smaller.  How can you make something with so many fewer calories and fat grams and still come out with almost twice the fiber?  This prompted me to call the company, and I was informed that these are a different recipe and they are geared toward healthier eating and for people who want to lose weight.

When I purchased the Bagel Thins I assumed I was getting the same great flavor of the original, only with fewer calories and fat grams due to the thinner size.  I was wrong in that regard.  In the future if I wanted to cut down on my calories I would simply eat one half of a Thomas Everything Bagel, which would give me 135 calories, only 25 more than the thin version, and I would get the taste I love.

I don't like to write negative reviews, but these were not at all satisfying, the texture and flavor was off.  They did not even begin to have the "Classic Bagel Taste" as advertised.

Unfortunately I have to give these only 2 stars.

Wheat Thins Toasted Chips North End Parmesan & Herb 8.1oz (pack Of 2)

Wheat Thins Toasted Chips North End Parmesan & Herb 8.1oz (pack Of 2)

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Wheat Thins Toasted Chips North End Parmesan Herb 8....

Wheat Thins Crackers, Original, 4 Oz Box, 12/Carton

Wheat Thins Crackers, Original, 4 Oz Box, 12/Carton

At snack time, choose the delicious nutty flavor of Wheat Thins. The crispy, satisfying, 100% whole-grain crunch makes them a healthy, low-fat way to ...
Wheat Thins Popped.sea Salt. 3pack.

Wheat Thins Popped.sea Salt. 3pack.

3 Pack.11 g Whole Grain per 30 g serving.4.5 oz each Pack.Popped Chips Sea Salt Publicado con eBay Mvil

Arnold Everything Sandwich Thins 8 ct

Arnold Everything Sandwich Thins 8 ct

Find bread and rolls at Target.com! Arnold everything sandwich thins 8 ct

Wheat Thins Popped.spicy Cheddar.3 Pack.

Wheat Thins Popped.spicy Cheddar.3 Pack.

3 Pack.10 g Whole Grain per 30 g serving.Popped Chips.4.5 oz each Pack Publicado con eBay Mvil

Nabisco Wheat Thins Reduced Fat Crackers 8.5oz Box (Pack of 4)

Nabisco Wheat Thins Reduced Fat Crackers 8.5oz Box (Pack of 4)

Nabisco Wheat Thins Reduced Fat Crackers 8.5oz Box (Pack of 4) - Nabisco Wheat Thins Reduced Fat Crackers 8.5oz Box (Pack of 4)
Nabisco Wheat Thins Smokey Bbq Snack Crackers

Nabisco Wheat Thins Smokey Bbq Snack Crackers

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Nabisco Wheat ...

Nabisco Wheat Thins Zesty Salsa Snack Crackers

Nabisco Wheat Thins Zesty Salsa Snack Crackers

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Nabisco Wheat ...

Nabisco Wheat Thins Spicy Buffalo 2.5 oz

Nabisco Wheat Thins Spicy Buffalo 2.5 oz

This item is sold by cases of: [24] items.2.5 oz package. Ingredients: Whole grain wheat flour, soybean oil, sugar, cornstarch, malt syrup (from corn ...
Wheat Thins Popped.sour Cream Onion3 Pack.

Wheat Thins Popped.sour Cream Onion3 Pack.

3 Pack.Popped Chips.4.5 oz each Pack.Sour Cream Onion.10 g Whole Grain per 30 g Serving.Publicado con eBay Mvil