Tiger Electronics Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Handheld Game Reviews

Tiger Electronics Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Handheld Game

Who Wants to be Millionaire Handheld Game

Oct 10, 2003

Pros:It will pass the time quickly. Fun if you like the show.

Cons:Words on screen are hard to see.

The Bottom Line: I would like this game regardless of liking the television show. It is fun and will pass time quickly.

My parents gave me this game last Christmas and it stayed in a closet unopened until this past August. We moved into a new house and our television was not hooked up for days. I found the game in the closet and have not put it down since. It really is addicting!

It is a handheld game and can be played anywhere. It uses 3 "AA" batteries and I have not replaced them from August to now(October). I have played it practically everyday. The game comes with a cartridge already in it, but I believe you can buy additional ones.

The game is designed with an on/off button, a sound button, four answer buttons- A, B, C, D, a yes button for when it asks, "Is that your final answer?", and three lifeline buttons- 50/50, phone a friend, and the audience poll. On the front of the game it also has money values for the questions- the left side is $100-$4000; the right side is $8,000- $1 million.

To play the game you press the on/off button and the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire theme song from the television show plays. Regis Philbin then says, "This is Regis Philbin- Welcome to Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" His voice is used to tell which letter is pressed, to ask if that is your final answer, and to say either you're correct or I'm sorry for a wrong answer. A green light comes on for a correct answer and a red light comes on for a wrong answer.

Just like the game on television, there are 15 questions total and the money values are as follows: $100, $200, $300, $500, $1000, $2000, $4000, $8000, $16,000, $32,000, $64,000, $125,000, $250,000, $500,000, and $1 million. The $1000 and $32,000 questions if answered correctly will guarantee that much prize money. You may stop at any point and keep the money earned as long as you do not answer a question incorrectly. For example, if you are on the $8000 question you could stop by pressing the "yes" button if you do not know the answer and keep the $8000. The "yes" button will ask if you would like to stop. You can press the letter "A" for yes, and the letter "B" for no. If you press the letter "B" for no, it will take you back to the question. If you answer the question incorrectly you lose the $8000 and are left with the $1000 in prize money. The high score reached by the player is posted at the end of each game.

The lifelines are the same as the television show. The 50/50 is the most reliable. The phone a friend and audience poll are hardly ever correct.

I really enjoy this game and hope to get some more cartridges this Christmas. I do wish the words on the screen were easier to see. My Mom would like to play it, but she cannot see the questions very well. Also, the sound is loud so I play it with the sound off.

Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Handheld Game, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Tiger Electronics, Tv Quiz Show

Handheld Game, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Tiger Electronics, Tv Quiz Show

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td a style=text-decoration:none href=http://stor...