Kahlua K-Cups

Mar 27, 2012 (Updated Mar 27, 2012)

Pros:Just right for a flavored coffee; not too sweet and not bitter

Cons:Smells strong when brewing

The Bottom Line: I like Kahlua coffee and believe it is an excellent flavored coffee

I have not had an alcoholic beverage in some time (years) and do not miss the occasional drink the way some people might, but I still decided to try Timothy's World Coffee Kahlua Original in a 5 pack from Keurig. I always buy the 5 pack before I spend a lot on a coffee I may or may not love. If I love it, I can always order more. If I do not love it so much, I have not wasted too much money on sampling it.

The description on Big Cat Coffees says, "Enjoy a truly unforgettable taste experience with this rich and smooth roast! Kahlua Coffee Liqueur with its delicious notes of rum, vanilla and caramel, is wrapped in roasted coffee flavor from hand-picked Arabica beans. The Kahlua Original Keurig K-Cup offers a distinctive coffee tasting experience that it is sure to stimulate the palate in an unforgettable way. Kahlua and Timothy’s use only the finest quality 100% Arabica coffee beans. This mutual commitment to superior coffee ensures that the Kahlua K-Cup offers exceptional quality and a distinct taste experience. The coffee used is a smooth roast that captures the unique, rich flavors of Kahlua with accents of vanilla and caramel; it is sure to leave a lasting impression."

When I brewed the Timothy’s World Coffee Kahlua Original K-Cup, I noticed that the scent was more powerful than some of my other flavors had been. It smelled stronger than I had hoped it would be. It is a Medium roast and I usually prefer a light roast, but I still hoped that I would like it. After adding milk, the way I do with all coffee, I took my first sip. Not bad, I thought. The flavor is not overwhelming, yet it still has a distinct Kahlua taste. I continued to sip the coffee and have decided, after my first cup, that I like Kahlua coffee. Even though it is a medium roast, it does not taste overwhelming  or bitter and it is sweet without being overly sweet. It has that hint of Kahlua that makes it seem like you are experiencing a coffee shop coffee. The scent is sweeter than the coffee actually is, but not so sweet that it will turn you away. I might not recall exactly what Kahlua tastes like since it has been so long since I have had it, but I do like the flavor of the Kahlua Coffee.

Timothy’s World Coffee Kahlua Coffee Original K-Cups can be purchased on Big Cat Coffees for $13.75 for 24 K-Cups; 4 @ 13.25 per 24 K-Cups ($53.00) or added to a Purr-fect pack (5 count) which are sold for $16.95 for 25 K-Cups. At Keurig (Keurig.com), the 5 pack can be purchased for $3.41. I bought this 5 pack from Keurig since I could buy 2 boxes and get 2 boxes free with the registration of my brewer. So, it is simple to try the Timothy’s World Coffee Kahlua Original K-Cups for under $5.00.

According to Big Cat Coffee's website, effective September 9, 2011, Timothy's World Coffee 24 count K-Cups will no longer be available for distribution in the United States. They suggest that consumers order now, because once they are gone they will be gone for good!

Overall, despite the strong smell when the coffee was brewing making me think it was going to be much stronger than I prefer, I enjoyed Kahlua Original coffee and believe I will order again if it is available. The coffee is a medium roast with just a hint of Kahlua. It is slightly sweet without being overly sweet and I truly enjoyed this flavored coffee.  If you like Kahlua or flavored coffees, I recommend you sample Timothy’s World Coffee Kahlua Original K-Cups. If you are like me, you will probably enjoy this one.

Thanks for reading