TitanNet Titan Cable Aerial Trolley System Dog Run 75 Foot Reviews

TitanNet Titan Cable Aerial Trolley System Dog Run 75 Foot

Donít Tie Up Your Dog Without It!

May 21, 2009

Pros:dogs can run back and forth without getting tangled up

Cons:the collar clip can break

The Bottom Line:

if you love your dog, but can’t afford a fence, or if your dog jumps the fence, get this cable

Fences are expensive, so many of us resort to tying out our dogs, allowing them to play outside without running off and terrorizing the neighborhood. Unfortunately, tying out a dog can be cruel and dangerous. Please use an overhead cable. Do not simply tie your dog to a tree and expect things to go well.

You need an overhead cable system, also known as a trolley. It makes a good, inexpensive dog run for unfenced yards, and for dogs that jump fences.

With an overhead cable, your dog will be happier and safer. The cost runs around $25 to $35, depending upon the size of the rig and the store where you buy it. You can find these products at Petco, as well as Ace Hardware, Target and other discount stores.

The Heartbreak of Tying Up Your Dog

It breaks my heart to see a dog tied up to a tree with a chain or a rope, especially when the poor animal gets it tangled up to where she has little freedom of movement. This is cruel and can result in death or serious injury to your dog. Chains are notorious for binding up and getting shorter and shorter, thus limiting the poor dog’s movement. Ropes can break, negating the purpose of tying up your dog.

My Little Escape Artist

My little Rottweiler, Daisy Duke, the escape artist, used to jump the six-foot chain link fence. I tried large outdoor kennels, but she could get out of any dog run devised by humans, even if I tied her up inside. Then she would chase every car, cat, child and elderly lady in the neighborhood, and then come running to my front door, so everybody knew whose dog had just terrorized them.

Mercifully, my son put up an overhead cable that allowed my dog to run freely back and forth between two trees. With a chain hanging down and clipped to both her collar and her harness, Daisy Duke could run all she wanted, without getting loose and terrorizing the neighborhood. I had to clip her to both her collar and her harness because it slowed her down. She could get out of either one in a matter of minutes, but I could leave her out for about an hour before she could get out of both.

TitanNet Titan Cable Aerial Trolley System Dog Run 75 foot Dog Run

When I needed a second overhead cable for a second dog, I got this store-bought cable, which is much easier to install than the various pieces of hardware that my son had put up for me. In addition, the cables are clad in plastic, so they resist weather better, and it works more smoothly. Besides, it actually costs less to get this kit than it did to by all of the hardware for a homemade rig.

This kit comes complete with everything you need, and it can be installed without any tools. However, I do recommend having a pair of pliers no hand for tightening and loosening stubborn pieces of hardware. The package includes two screw hooks, two cable clamps, one turn buckle, one pulley, and installation instructions, plus the overhead cable and the short cable that runs down to your dog’s collar or harness.

The 75-foot cable needs to be secured to two trees, poles or other sturdy objects. I tied one end to my house, using a large steel eyelet, right by the back door, so my dog could come to me when I called her. If you do not have 75 feet of space, you can either buy a smaller rig (25 feet or 50 feet) or shorten this one by leaving several feet hanging out at one end. I recommend securing the loose end for your dog’s safety, or cutting it off with tin snips. This cable should hang at about a foot above the height of your head (about six or seven feet), so you can reach it but your dog will not get tangled on it.

A short cable hangs down and clips to your dog’s collar or harness. It rides on the cable with a pulley and ha a turnbuckle on the end that you clip to the dog’s collar, so it won’t stick and limit your dog’s movement or twist and bind up.

Minor Problem

My dog Bandit is a big Rottweiler / Black Labrador mix, and he runs all the way to the end of the cable and tries to keep going. As a result, he eventually broke the clip that came with this rig. I had to go to the hardware store and get a sturdier clip to attach the cable to his collar. Fortunately, Bandit is a real sweetie, so he didn’t run off and terrorize the neighbors.

Final Thoughts

My dogs and I have had a very pleasant experience with this overhead cable. The cable is sturdy, made of steel clad with plastic, and it is easy to install without tools. It costs much less than a fence, and even though my yard is fenced, I wanted to keep my dogs out of my gardens. This trolley dog run is excellent!

~~~

Thank you so much for reading my review!

Coated 50 Ft Aerial Dog Clothesline Trolley Run With Leash Harness Cable -lk

Coated 50 Ft Aerial Dog Clothesline Trolley Run With Leash Harness Cable -lk

This is Vinyl COATED 50 FT Aerial Dog clothesline Trolley Run With Leash Harness Cable This is New Old stock...GREAT QUALITY.....Coated steel wire.......

50' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 2 Cable Clamps

50' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 2 Cable Clamps

Pinnon Hatch Farms Size: 50 feet 8 gauge (.166/4.0mm) Dia.Mono-filament Tensile Strength: 1093 lbs.Color: Black Appearance : Blends into the backgroun...

100' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 4 Cable Clamps

100' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 4 Cable Clamps

Pinnon Hatch Farms Size: 100 feet 8 gauge (.166/4.0mm) Dia.Mono-filament Tensile Strength: 1093 lbs.Color: Black Appearance : Blends into the backgrou...

Titan Luggage 4-wheel Trolley Luggage Sets 20 24 28

Titan Luggage 4-wheel Trolley Luggage Sets 20 24 28

PC+ABSDimensions: 29.9 x 19.6 x 12.2 25.9 x 16.1 x 9.8 22 x 13.3 x 8.64-wheels allow 360 degree movementTop & Side grab handleTSA approved Travel Sent...
200' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 6 Cable Clamps

200' 8ga Cable Aerial Dog Trolley Run Or Clothes Line Wire & 6 Cable Clamps

Pinnon Hatch Farms Size: 200 feet 8 gauge (.166/4.0mm) Dia.Mono-filament Tensile Strength: 1093 lbs.Color: Black Appearance : Blends into the backgrou...

Dog Tie Out Cable 100 Ft Aerial Run Exercise Outdoor Leash Collar Trolley System

100 ft Aerial Dog Run Tie Out Leash Patented twin swivel snaps eliminated tangling Quality tested Dog weight rated Direct connection for added strengt...

Titan Aerial Dog Run

Titan Aerial Dog Run

Usually ships within 3 business day
Tennessee Titans Cellar with Trolley - Black
Fanatics

Framed Aerial NFL Stadium Images - LP Field/Nashville Coliseum (Titans) - Frontgate

Our Framed Aerial Stadium Images make a great gift for the sports enthusiast. Choose from a large selection of college and professional stadiums, both...
Frontgate