TomTom ONE 125 - USA Automotive Mountable GPS Receiver Reviews

6 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Excellent for Price

Jan 8, 2009

Pros:Easy portability, fast recalculation, good price

Cons:Some incorrect points of interest, small display

The Bottom Line: This GPS system is low-priced and reliable. Buy it!

This GPS device has provided me with what I need from a GPS - to get me from point A to point B with little to no trouble. It comes standard with points of interest, such as parks, shopping areas, and restaurants. However, some of these points of interest are incorrect, such as businesses not existing anymore. If you plug this GPS into a computer, you can download updated and additional points of interest.
An additional feature that I liked was a section called "Help!" that provides driving and walking directions to the nearest hospitals, police stations, and other emergency facilities. Additionally, it provides first aid and quick car fix information. The display is definitely clear enough and its portability allows me to easily remove it from the windshield and carry it in my pocket.
The voice informs you when to make turns ahead of time and at the point of turning. This alleviates confusion and aids navigation.
Another nice feature that sets this GPS ahead of competitors is its ability to recalculate routes very quickly. Although the display is small, it is still bright enough to view clearly.
Additional accessories are available for purchase with this GPS, such as a traffic receiver that provides real-time information on traffic conditions, as well as other things such as weather.
If you are looking for a low priced, reliable GPS, I would definitely recommend this one. I am very happy with it.

TomTom ONE 125's distinctive design puts a full-size touchscreen and the power of GPS in a slim, lightweight device. Switch on and go right out of the...