Toro 38360 Power Shovel Plus (H128409) Reviews

Toro 38360 Power Shovel Plus (H128409)

looks are deceiving, it really works great for the small $'s

Nov 2, 2007

Pros:powerful lightweight well built easy to use and store inexpensive do all most everything.

Cons:not a wide cut as the full size snowblowers, doesn't eat all city dumptruck pilings.

The Bottom Line: Lightweight and great for sidewalks and storage! O.K. for small driveways if you have the time and price are difficult. Easy price! may need shovel to clear city dumptruck piles.

Growing up in NW WI with a block long driveway I drove a cub cadet tractor and blower and spent many years fighting with chains, belts and then having to shovel afterwards too! I couldn't decide on the blower, I should have kept the Honda my wife brought home! but just couldn't decide on a eighteen wheeler for the sixty foot two car wide driveway here in Minneapolis. A steep one too!

I first used a Toro electric shovel at my office and couldn't believe such little thing could do so well! sure beats shoveling! and blows far too! no matter what the slush or heavy snow. No directional though, just blows straight. And if too windy can blow into the neighbors driveway rather than a larger shute that could direct downward.

The use of an electric mower or blower is easy, just have to lay out the extension cord zigzag and then work away from the cord. This won't work if the snow is blowing against your direction.

I'd often use a shovel to clean up with the steep driveway and that ice is the biggest demon of all! so Rid-Ice is the best use and investment and priced right. Salt really does make a mess in the driveway! at fifty years old it hurts a lot more to fall on the ice! and the orthopedic bills are as much as the price of a blower!!!!

I am not sure, but possibly the same size electric motor, or close to it as the three hundred dollar Toro. I wish they had a 300 watt 240 volt! I grew up with the headaches of gas engines freezing up, gas lines plugging up, batteries going dead and the all too frequent breakdowns! With out a trailer nor pickup truck I am not sure how I would transport a monster three hundred pound walk behind snowblower? I saw one being taken back in his forty thousand dollar four by four, but I can't afford that neither.

When we got thirty-six inches of snow last year, I kept at it and eventually got it all! but of course if the slush freezes, then most anything will not get that up. A straight steel ice scraper is needed for that and a lot of muscle.

My neighbor also commented that difficult for the gals to operate a heavy snowblower too! alt the more reason for the one stage Honda.

The Toro Electric Shovel generally did the three foot high dumps from the city snow plows or tractors here! but with some lifting.

The Toro Electric snow shovel has a handle and can be also lifted as a shovel and used too to help. That is harder on the back though! and can forget to let it do its own work. Yet I really enjoy it, except when the neighbors come out with their five horse power two stage blowers and get down in ten minutes while I am out there for an hour. I enjoy doing it and can keep up with it. I just can't decide between the four wheel drive eighteen h.p. and the 5.5 h.p. nor is there room in the small two car garage for the snow blower and my car too! My folks always left the cars out side and the tractor inside so it would start (sometimes I recall my Dad using ether in the carburetor).

For $109. at Home Depot at least I don't have to worry who is going to fix it. However, if I were to buy a gas powered snow blower from Home Depot or the likes, who is going to fix it then? I have spent hours in trying to find the perfect snow blower. Even with a heavy snowblower, that would be hard work to push around too! The crazy part is that it did break on the handle that can not be replaced as no replacement parts, but under the two year warranty; but I was told not for driveway use, but I use it for that anyways!

I wouldn't let Toro take it from me anyways! although I'd like to email to them my .jpgs photos on the break in the handle. I hold it together with packaging tape! I just have to learn not to lift it as a shovel, but do anyways on the heavy stuff dumped by the city plows, although a good back saver shovel for that is worth the investment.

I also use the Toro electric shovel for the sidewalk that raps around to the side to clean the snow off our deck too!

For the money, you can't lose, and great back saver for sidewalks and other places the big snowblowers can't do! a fun toy but a really tough hard working extremely inexpensive snowblower!

Its hard to justify spending a thousand dollars to replace this! and my Dad bought a cheap MTD now that he is retired, and gave up on it because he can't keep the belts on! He shovels or the neighbor comes by with their tractor/blower.

The looks are really deceiving, this is a really great snow blower!!! I have never caught the extra heavy extension cord in it, but I have fell on the ice!!!

The "real" snowblowers are back breakers too sometimes! and had seen neighbors struggle sometimes with heavy snow with only a 5.5 h.p. too! so even they can be underpowered.
for the price, I recommend it, especially as a back-up unit if your "real" snowblower breaks down. Obviously not for a ranch, or a driveway longer than your extension cord can reach!

I first used an electric mower out in Albuquerque, but then the grass to cut was about the size of my driveway! otherwise, I love my Commercial Lawn Boy walk behind. I got a few funny looks with my electric mower; I think people are impressed with the Toro Electric snow-thrower, but it isn't a "real" nor fast snowblower in case you don't enjoy being out side. Snow pants or the like is important too as I'll come in covered in snow from hat too boots too! I have to blow the snow in the direction of the wind.

Toro Power Shovel

Toro Power Shovel

Find yard power tools at Target.com! No oil, no gas just plug in and go. This electric power shovel is light and compact, easy to store and easy to us...

ToroŽ Lightweight Electric Power Shovel (38361)

ToroŽ Lightweight Electric Power Shovel (38361)

ToroŽ Lightweight Electric Power Shovel (38361) Product Features Ultralight electric snow thrower 7-1/2 amp electric motor throws snow to 20 feet, cut...

Toro Snow Blowers. 12 in. Power Shovel Electric Snow Blower

Toro Snow Blowers. 12 in. Power Shovel Electric Snow Blower

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Toro Electric Power shovel snow blower delivers a 12 in. snow clearance, making this an ideal ...
Home Depot

Toro 38361 12 Lightweight Power Shovel Electric Snow Thrower / Blower

Toro 38361 12 Lightweight Power Shovel Electric Snow Thrower / Blower

New Toro Power Shovel Electric Lightweight Snow Thrower by Toro Co.model 38361 item 593353 Toro, Power Shovel, Electric Snow Thrower 7.5 Amp Series-Wo...

Toro 38361 12 7.5 Amp Electric Power Shovel Snow Thrower

Toro 38361 12 7.5 Amp Electric Power Shovel Snow Thrower

12 7.5 Amp Electric Power Shovel The Toro Power Shovel can clear 300 lbs. of snow per minute which is perfect for clearing snow from decks, walks, and...

Brand Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp 12-inch Electric Snow Thrower

Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower Cuts up to 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep in one pass; throws up to 20 feet Cleans down to the...

Brand Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp 12-inch Electric Snow Thrower

Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower With a 12-inch cutting width and a 20-foot throwing distance, you'll clear your snow quickly. Wi...

Toro 12-inch 120-volt 7.5-amp Power Shovel Electric Snow Blower / Thrower

Toro 12-inch 120-volt 7.5-amp Power Shovel Electric Snow Blower / Thrower

MFR: TORO CO M/R BLWR/TRMMR WEIGHT: 19 LB MODEL: 38361 SKU: 593353 Approx. Box Dimensions (inches): 13x49x16 Condition: Brand New Please Note:This ite...