Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 15.6" (250 GB, AMD Sempron, 2.1 GHz, 2 GB) Notebook - Matte Silver - PSLY5U-00Q01T Reviews

Free Shipping Office Depot

Basic Laptop

Feb 29, 2012
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Windows 7 Home Premium,  DVD burner, Widescreen display, basic laptop

Cons:short battery life

The Bottom Line: This is just a basic laptop, slightly better than a netbook.

This is the Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 and I just needed something basic. When I was deciding which to buy, it was either this or one of those underpowered netbooks. I actually purchase it from a local computer store for a good price since it was refurbished. This is more powerful than a netbook and it has a dvd burner drive with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. It has a AMD Sempron SI-42 2.1 GHz single core processor, 250GB of hard drive space, 2GB of RAM and a 15.6" widescreen display. A good thing about this laptop is that there are USB ports on both sides (1 on left, 2 on right). It also has a card slot for SD in the front along with the mic, headphone jack and volume wheel. When I bought it, there wasn't any recovery CDs included but there is a recovery partition for restoring Windows should something go wrong. I had to restore it once when Windows wasn't working. When streaming videos, it lags a little and the sound from the speakers are average at best. The only problem with this laptop is the battery life which is about 2 hours. It has to constantly be plugged in most of the time so you'll need access to an outlet. This isn't the top of the line laptop but just something basic like a netbook but the only difference from a netbook is that it includes a dvd burner.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: over 1000
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Make home movies, watch blockbuster flicks. Update your status on your favourite social media sites, keep up your blog. You can also tackle the family...
Office Depot