After buying the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s for my BMW 540i (6 speed manual) and returning them due to their terrible off the line traction, I am very pleased with the T1-Rs... note: the T1-Rs are the new replacement for the T1-S, which was rated #2 by Car and Driver (they rated the Goodyear tire #1). While the new T1-Rs don't have exactly the same responsiveness as the Eagle F1s on the highway, they are still excellent. The more you push them the more they surprise you. They are hands down a better tire with the following benefits:
Recommend this product?
- better braking
- better traction off the line (0-60 MPH)
- smoother ride (not as harsh on bumps)
- don't kick up as much gravel as the F1s
- look really cool, just like the F1s
- About $25 less per tire than the F1s (I don't care about price, but why pay more for a tire that isn't as good?)
The problem I was having with the F1-s was that the anti-slip technology of the BMW would kick in prematurely with the F1s. I haven't had this problem with the T1-Rs...
With regard to wear, I haven't had them long enough to comment. Same goes for wet traction, but I am sure they are fine since they have a similar tread pattern to the F1s that allows the water to escape -besides, who pushes their car to the limit in the rain?