Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs

Overall, these briefs are certainly not as peachy as Tranquility claims!

Oct 4, 2001 (Updated Nov 6, 2001)

Pros:Good Coverage, Soft Interior, White Exterior

Cons:Mediocre Absorbency, No Waistbands, Leak Shields Pull Off, Only Four Tapes, Gel-Based Absorbent, Low Availability

The Bottom Line: With only average protection against leaks and poor durability, there are better diapers available in the overnight category.

As the Tranquility ATN (All-Through-the-Night) Disposable Brief is classified as an overnight product, I will be rating its features based on this criteria. In other words, this product will have to meet higher standards regarding it's absorbency, and any other features that are crucial to an effective overnight diaper.

With that in mind, I do not recommended Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs. Therefore, I am going to outline the NEGATIVE features of this product first:

(1) MEDIOCRE ABSORBENCY: Although it might be sufficient for those with minor leakage, anyone who suffers from moderate to heavy overnight leakage will discover this diaper quickly runs out of room. I find this surprising considering the advertised capacity of this brief is one of the highest in the industry. Nevertheless, I can only speak from experience; this diaper needs be more absorbent to properly classify as an overnight diaper. (By the way, "Peach Mat" is Tranquility's brand name for the absorbent core in their products, which really is peach in color.)

(2) NO WAISTBANDS: What! No waistbands?! I almost couldn't believe it. Waistbands are essential for reducing leaks from the waistline, which is most prominent while lying down. And would you believe most people tend to lie down while they're sleeping! In addition to this, waistbands add a significant amount of comfort. This makes getting to sleep and staying asleep much easier. Do they really call this an overnight diaper?!

(3) INTERIOR LEAK SHIELDS PULL OFF: Interior leak shields are a great idea. Unless, of course, they have the tendency to fall off! Which is exactly what happens on the ATN Brief. In fact, the leak shields consistently pulled off anytime I opened and stretched a diaper just to put it on! To prevent this, I had to make a conscious effort to open the diapers "just so far" before putting them on. But even then I don't think the leak shields stayed intact for long.

(4) ONLY FOUR TAPES: The number of sticky tapes on a diaper is very important for achieving a comfortable and secure fit. The more tapes available, the more likely a perfect fit will be found reducing the chance of leaks from all areas of the diaper. Four tapes is simply not enough on any adult diaper, but especially not enough on an overnight brief.

(5) GEL-BASED ABSORBENT: Yes, I know ... I go on about this in every one of my reviews! But, considering the overwhelming evidence found within the last 10 years that proves gel-based absorbents can have many harmful side-effects, I feel it's very important. I too want effective diapers, but not if it sacrifices my health even more.

(4) LOW AVAILABILITY: I've always found Tranquility products difficult to locate. In fact, it is rare to see them on the shelves of drug stores or shopping centers. Tranquility products tend to be carried by specialty health shops instead (which focus on products for the elderly), and the ATN Brief is still hard to find in these locations.

Now it's time to outline the POSITIVE features of the Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs. Just in case you don't trust me, this will help you make your own judgment on this product:

(1) GOOD COVERAGE: Even though the ATN Brief isn't as absorbent as I'd like, I did find the overall placement of padding to be good. Some diapers focus only on the padding in the middle, while totally disregarding the top, back, and sides. It's important to have good coverage in any diaper, but especially important in overnight diapers where the tendency for leaks from the waistline and sides increases.

(2) SOFT INTERIOR: The interior of these diapers are covered with a soft and comfortable cloth. Even after several weeks of use it still did not irritated my skin.

(3) WHITE EXTERIOR: Although color is not as important for overnight diapers, white is still the best color overall. It's the least noticeable under clothing and does not stand out like colors do.

All in all, Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs have surprisingly bad durability and only provide average protection against leaks. To put it plain and simple, there are better alternatives on the market in the overnight category. Therefore, I would NOT recommend this product to others.

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Large (12 Pack)

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Large (12 Pack)

Merchant Sku: 76761 Description Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs featyre the maximum absorbent capacity enables an uninterrupted night's sleep withou...

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Medium

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Medium

Brand New, never opened. Tranquility ATN (All Through the night) Disposable Briefs - Adult Medium.Smoke Free, Pet Free Home.

Tranquility ATN  All-Through-the-Night Disposable Briefs- Youth/X-Small -  - pk 10

Tranquility ATN All-Through-the-Night Disposable Briefs- Youth/X-Small - - pk 10

Tranquility All-Through-the-Night Disposable BriefsYouth/x-Sm 18-26 Waist, 18.5 fl. oz. capacity For maximum protection. Holds over a quart of liquid...
AllegroMedical.com

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Small - 10pk

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - Small - 10pk

Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs - Small - 10pk G-2184-P Overview Maximum absorbency to keep you dry all night long Feature Peach Mat absorbent core ...

Tranquility ATN (All-Through-the-Night) Disposable Brief

Tranquility ATN (All-Through-the-Night) Disposable Brief

Tranquility ATN (All-Through-the-Night) Disposable Briefs are for maximum protection. They hold over a quart of liquid allowing you to sleep all throu...
Cascade Healthcare Solutions

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - X-large (12 Pack)

Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs - X-large (12 Pack)

Merchant Sku: 76762 Description Maximum absorbent capacity enables an uninterrupted night's sleep without compromising skin safety. Caregivers experie...

Tranquility ATN  All-Through-the-Night Disposable Briefs- Youth/X-Small -  - cs 100

Tranquility ATN All-Through-the-Night Disposable Briefs- Youth/X-Small - - cs 100

AllegroMedical.com

Tranquility Atn (all-through-the-night) Disposable Brief

Tranquility Atn (all-through-the-night) Disposable Brief

healthproducts4u store Tranquility ATN (All-Through-the-Night) disposable Brief Please read description carefully. Do not base your order on the pictu...

Tranquility(R) ATN(TM) (All-Through-the-Night) Disposable Briefs, X-Small, 18in.-26in., Pack Of 10

Large capacity disposable briefs provide maximum overnight protection Sleep all through the night uninterrupted by changes without compromising skin s...
Office Depot

Principle Business Enterprises Tranquility Atn Disposable Briefs Size Medium 32-44in - MON21583100

Tranquility ATNs have maximum capacity in a disposable brief. Users can sleep all through the night uninterrupted by garment changes without compromis...
BettyMills.com