Transcend 2 GB 133x - SD Card - (TS2GSD133) Reviews

Transcend 2 GB 133x - SD Card - (TS2GSD133)

The Transcend TS2GSD133 2Gb SD card can increase your digital cameras capacity cheaply.

May 31, 2009

Pros:Low cost

Cons:133x speed rating could not be achieved in testing

The Bottom Line:

The Transcend Ultra Speed 133x 2Gb Secure Digital card can be cheaply bought and used in a wide variety of digital devices.

Transcend's series of Secure Digital cards can be used in a wide variety of Digital Devices for the transfer and storage of data, including photos, Microsoft Word files, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Adobe Acrobat files, Microsoft Dynamics AX dat files, MP3 music files and much more.  I use the TS2GSD133 SD card in my digital equipment to create back up files of my important data.

My Transcend card came in a hard, clear plastic, disposable container.  The card does not have a protective case included with it so you may wish to aquire one while purchasing the product online.  Once removed the little blue colored card measures 32mm x 24mm x 2.1mm and weighs just 2 grams.

Performance
Using a Dell Precision T3400 with a USB 2.0 card reader and SiSoftware Sandra 2009.5.15.99 in Removable Storage benchmark, I obtained the following performance figures for the Transcend TS2GSD133 memory card.  All my test results use the 512Kb test value in SiSoftware Sandra because they return the highest performance figures and represent file sizes that are close to the average digital picture size.

Test 1

512Kb Test
Read Performance; 11145 ops/minute, 92.88/s, 0.62x
Write Performance; 1411 ops/minute, 11.76kb/s, 0.08x
Delete Performance; 2666 ops/minute

First when comparing these results to those of the 1Gb Kingston 50x SD card you will see that this card is slower.  I found these test results so odd that I ran them two more times and got the same results from my USB 2.0 card reader.  I consider the packaging proof that there needs to be some sort of truth in advertising campaign by the federal government.  What makes this product "Ultra Speed 133x"?

Handling And Care Of SD Cards
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) can damage this Secure Digital card.  Walking across your home's carpeting with socks and picking up this card without grounding yourself can be enough to damage the product.  Before picking up the memory card, ensure that you are free of static electricity by first touching a grounded metal object like a metal lamp or table.

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information TRANSCEND TS2GSD133 2GB SECURE DIGITAL SD CARD 133X Item#: 1114641 Brand: ...