Transcend 2 GB SD Card - Retail - (TS2GSDC) Reviews

Transcend 2 GB SD Card - Retail - (TS2GSDC)

Solid Quality That Doesn't Necessarily Transcend The Competition

Apr 22, 2009 (Updated Apr 22, 2009)

Pros:Decent write speed, inexpensive, easy to use, durable.

Cons:Speed not remarkable.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this Card for cost savings, which is minimal.  The speed isn't fastest, but hat difference is also minimal.  A decent card at an excellent price.

I recently purchased the Polaroid i1035 point and shoot camera.  At the time I purchased this camera, I also opted to buy expanded memory.  After asking the salesperson at Tiger Direct which memory card he recommended for this particular camera, I was shown the Transcend 2 GB SD Card.  This particular memory card was on sale for five dollars, which was a competitive price.

The Transcend 2 GB SD Card has a housing made of hard plastic.  The size and thickness of these memory cards makes them durable.  Although they do not appear prone to bending, I would not recommend testing the durability with any type of rugged handling.  The unit snaps into place in the battery compartment of my camera with ease.  The shape is asymmetrical to prevent improper installation.  Removing the SD Card is done by simply pushing down lightly on the top of the card and releasing.  The card then ejects far enough to be easily removed by hand.

The Transcend 2 GB SD Card can be used with several types of media.  The Secure Digital format was developed for use with cameras, mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 Players, notebook computers and tower computers.  My camera comes with a picture bridge, which allows me to download directly from the camera to my computer.  If you own a desktop that supports SD Card media (some are equipped to handle several types of memory stick devices), you can simply remove the drive from one device and insert it in the other to move media.

The standards for the Transcend 2 GB SD Card vary, but to be considered a SD Card, they are generally less than 4 GB.  After 4 GB, the device is considered to be an SDHC Card (Secure Digital High Capacity).  Because of compatibility issues, SDHC devices are not compatible with older devices.  This is not an issue with the Transcend 2 GB SD Card.  However, there may still be some compatibility issues based on an issue pertaining to block length in the identification string on the cards.  This issue is beyond my personal expertise…so my advice would be to ask an associate if you are looking for a card like this for use in an older device.

The Transcend 2 GB SD Card has a write-protect lock located on along the left side of the card.  This switch appears as a small gray sliding switch.  The word “lock” appears on the front label of this SD Card to indicate when the card has been placed in write protected mode.  One issue to be aware of when using this card pertains to the device you are using.  Not all devices support the write protection function built into this card.

The Transcend 2 GB SD Card gives me approximately 400 high-definition photographs on my digital camera (10 Megapixel).  That is equivalent to approximately sixteen rolls of film.  This card is more than adequate for my moderate camera use.  The SD Card operates at 45X Speed with a 6.75 MB/s write speed.  You would have to snap pictures fairly quickly to out-pace the write speed.  I can’t hold a point and shoot camera still enough to snap pictures that quickly.  The speed on this card does not place it in any elite status.  It is pretty much a run-of-the-mill memory card.

The Transcend 2 GB SD Card has a lifetime warranty.  I can’t imagine that this card would break without some sort of abuse being introduced.  The card feels like it is well constructed of heavy plastic.  The metal contact strips on the rear of the card are further protected by thick raised plastic ridges.  The shape and construction of these cards make them durable, easy to use and functional.

I purchased the Transcend 2 GB SD Card for my digital camera because it was recommended to me by a salesperson I trust.  The card is unremarkable in terms of speed or capacity.  The construction of the SD cards is basically the same from one manufacturer to the next.  The fact that Transcend stands behind their product with a lifetime warranty lends credibility to their faith in the product they make.  The price of this SD Card was competitive.  I paid about the lowest price I have seen on-line for this or any equivalent 2 GB SD Card.  The SanDisk version runs a dollar or two more depending on the vendor.  I didn’t save a lot of money buying the Transcend 2 GB SD Card, but as a percentage, it was around twenty to thirty percent.  The product has been equivalent to the SanDisk products I have used in some of my other devices.  So the rating for me comes down to the price.  I would rate the Transcend 2 GB SD Card four stars out of a possible five.

1.888.209.5772 About me Contact Us Shipping Payments FAQ Transcend 2 GB Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card SKU: TSSD2G Mfr. Part: TS2GSDC Item Includes S...

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Transcend Ts2gsdc...
About Us FAQ Contact Us Transcend 2GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Card Model TS2GSDC IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed availab...
Lot of 2 (2x2GB) Transcend 2GB SD Standard Speed Secure Digital (SD)Memory Cards .Transcend Secure Digital Cards are suitable for use in a wide variet...
Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information TRANSCEND TS2GSDC 2GB TS2GSDC SD CARD Item#: 1336015 Brand: TRANSCEND Prod...