White Flower Farm Transplant Spade (96546925) Reviews

White Flower Farm Transplant Spade (96546925)

+$10.35 shipping Target
+$5.99 shipping Home Depot
+$6.99 shipping CPO Outlets

Fiskars D-Handle Transplant Spade

Jun 14, 2008 (Updated Jun 14, 2008)

Pros:Since switching to using the Transplant Spade I have not broken another handle

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: The longer, pre sharpened, curved blade features comfort and accurate digging potential so I can produce small deep holes for setting out plants or digging up bulbs.

One of my favorite garden tools is my Fiskars Transplant Spade. While the Transplant Spade is not designed for usual garden digging; I often use the D-Handle Transplant Spade for any and every digging project.

Our soil is very clay, I am small, the bite of the longer, more narrow blade is easier for me to use when gardening.

My Fiskars Transplant Spade hollows out even the heavy, hard to handle clay in my yard without a problem. In the past I have broken more than one shovel handle trying to lift too heavy a load. Since switching to using the Transplant Spade I have not broken another handle. Because I cannot lift as much on the narrow blade, digging is not so arduous on my shoulder and back, plus less clay soil is not so heavy on the blade itself leading to fewer broken shovel handles.

The longer, pre sharpened, curved blade features comfort and accurate digging potential so I can produce small deep holes for setting out plants or digging up bulbs. I have tried using other shovels and end up with sliced off bulbs and a feeling of frustration as I try to transplant daffodils.

I really like the extra-large D-Handle which provides more than enough space for both of my hands. The Teardrop shape is perfect for more hand comfort during gardening. While the D-Handle Transplant Spade is not one of the Twelve of Fiskars PowerGear® garden tools which have been awarded the Ease-of-Use Commendation by the Arthritis Foundation®.

This gardener with the arthritic little hands will say Fiskars D-Handle Transplant Spade is an ideal tool for me as I dig and garden and move soil and dig holes and replace plants in ease without undue stress, pain or strain.

My Fiskars D-Handle Transplantng Spade is fabricated of all steel construction for strength and durability. I don't think I will be breaking anything on this one.

The over-sized step provides a sheltered and comfortable platform for my foot. I am able to use stronger leg muscles for digging. The oversized bite makes for additional leverage and comfort, the blade is pre-sharpened to cut through soil easier.

I especially find the teardrop-shaped shaft and oversized D-handle provide me the ergonomic comfort I need during use to help reduce hand fatigue. The D handle fits both hands for additional control and comfort.

I don’t think I will be breaking the handle on this spade: for extra strength, the blade is welded directly to the shaft. Powder coating is designed to prevent rust and aid clean up. The spade has a lifetime warranty.

Fiskars.com has store locator feature, very handy if you cannot locate the Transplant Spade at your usual store.

The Fiskars Corporation is a metal and consumer brands company founded in 1649 at Fiskars Bruk, Finland. Fiskars in the United States has long been recognized for axe heads, scissors, and high-quality knives. As a manufacturer of garden tools, craft tools, school products, and home and office supplies Fiskars has enjoyed a long and varied history.

Fiskars Corporation, a holding company, provides jobs for over 4,300 employees worldwide. Many Fiskars employees work in offices overseeing Fiskars’ operation in the country or region which they serve.

The countries and regions where Fiskars employees may be found include: Asia, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, UK, and USA.
Fiskars has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, China, as well as other locations.

I am very satisfied with my Fiskars Transplant Spade. I use the Transplant Spade for usual garden digging as well as for transplanting use. Happy to recommend.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product Details and Shipping Information from Amazon
Fiskars
Technical Details
• Transplanting spade ideal for precise, controlled digging and transplanting
• Pre-sharpened, ready to use
• Powder coated for easy clean-up and rust prevention
• Unique teardrop shaped shaft for comfortable, easy grip
• PVC sleeve on tool shaft provides comfort in hot and cold weather

Amazon.com Product Description
The Fiskars transplanting spade features all-steel construction for heavy-duty strength and durability.
The blade features an oversized step for additional leverage and comfort, and is pre-sharpened to cut through the ground easier.
The teardrop-shaped shaft and oversized D-handle provide ergonomic comfort and control during use.
For added strength, the blade itself is directly welded onto the shaft, and the entire shovel is powder-coated to prevent rust and clean up easily.
The low-profile spade head is perfect for digging planting holes or other precise tasks.

Product Details
• Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 8.4 x 47 inches
• Shipping Weight: 4.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
• Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
• Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
• ASIN: B000F95D0I
$29.99 In Stock. Order through Amazon Ships from and sold by Aubuchon Hardware.

------------------------------------------------

Sauk City, WI 53583, USA
Tel +1 608-643-2380
Fax +1 608-643-4812
www.fiskarsbrands.com

Find yard and garden hand tools at Target.com! Be sure you have the right tool for the job with a fiskars steel d-handle garden spade. This spade shov...

Shop for Garden Center at The Home Depot. This all-steel transplanting spade features a D-handle design for comfortable, two-handed control while tran...
Home Depot
Steel D-handle Transplanting Spade - 96546925J
Tyler Tool
Steel D-handle Transplanting Spade - 96546925J
CPO Outlets
NEW Fiskars 46 Inch Steel D-handle Transplanting Spade (9654) $37.93 $50.95 It's all about precision and comfort. The tall, pre-sharpened, curved blad...