Trendmasters The Powerpuff Girls Pokey Oaks Playset: Blossom

Here They Come Just In Time! ~ Trendmasters Powerpuff Girls Pokey Oaks Playset ~ Blossom

Dec 28, 2002 (Updated Jan 7, 2003)
Review by Google+?rel=author" target="_blank">

Pros:fun, durable, its the Powerpuff Girls!

Cons:breakaway wall, no villains

The Bottom Line: Its fun, its durable, its the Powerpuff Girls!

The “women” in my house (myself, my seven-year-old and my four-year-old daughters) are huge Powerpuff Girls fans. We try to collect everything we can pertaining to the Powerpuff Girls, books, cards, toys, socks, even Christmas Ornaments (those will be arriving soon!). So of course we had to have the
Trendmasters Powerpuff Girls Playsets, including the Blossom Pokey Oaks Playset. Pokey Oaks is the school the PPG’s attend. We have had this set (and several others, almost all in triplicate) for several years now, and my girls’ interest in these sets has not waned.

A Little Background

Ah, the City of Townsville…oh, wait, back to the review! Who are these Powerpuff Girls I am so enamored with? Well, these little girls are cartoon superheroes; little girls with extremely large heads and superpowers like flight, superhuman strength, and laser beam eyes! Bubbles, Blossom, and Buttercup, stars of the huge hit show on the Cartoon Network. The girls battle daily to save the people of the City of Townsville from the likes of villains such as MoJo JoJo, an evil, although brilliant, monkey. If you thought that anime characters had big eyes, you gotta check out the PPG's! The PPG's owe a lot to anime, but the style is taken to the extreme in simplicity, these girls don't even have fingers, just rounded arms and legs, and very big heads and eyes.

What Does The Blossom Pokey Oaks Playset Come With?

Here’s my somewhat ticked off disclaimer. When doing a little researching for this review…okay, I was actually looking for the Mayor’s Playset which I have yet to find here in Canada, I discovered that these sets are different in the US. In the US the Bubbles, Blossom, and Buttercup Pokey Oaks Playsets all have different accessories! Here in Canada, every one of them is exactly the same with the exception of the PPG that the set comes with! I have to say I’m not impressed by this newfound knowledge. Having three sets with identical accessories is obviously not as desirable as having different accessories with each Powerpuff Girl. We have looked in stores across the country and have yet to find one that is different than the sets we own. So the US playset may come with different accessories. I just can’t write about them because I haven’t been able to find them here in Canada. My review is about the sets that we have available here. According to one website the Blossom Pokey Oaks Playset comes with a Ms. Keane figure (the Powerpuff Girls’ teacher) and an elephant slide. I guess I’ll be making a run across the border to do some PPG shopping!

Our set came with; a four and a half inch Blossom, a pink framed standing teeny tiny chalkboard and chalk (teeny tiny green, pink, and blue chalk for the teeny tiny little chalkboard); a table complete with “Hot Line” phone for those emergency calls from the Mayor of Townsville; a white ball with bright red flowers, a hot pink cloth bean bag chair covered in blue polka dots for Bubbles to lounge on (if she could actually sit, that is); an odd looking yellow thing covered with grey-blue flowers that looks sort of like a little inflatable kids version of the Loch Ness Monster, holding a flag (the Pokey Oaks mascot I presume); and a breakaway wall, blue in colour. It breaks into four pieces when the PPG’s crash through to save the day from whatever dreadful villain they’re fighting on that particular day. There is also a small clear plastic stand that Blossom’s “feet” fit into to enable her to stand.

Blossom is wearing her standard outfit consisting of a pink dress with black belt, white socks, and black shoes. Her hair is bright orange and she has a ponytail with a red ribbon. Her pink eyes are very large, which really matches the size of her very large head. Her arms and legs move back and forth slightly, but not enough to enable her to sit, her head turns, and her ponytail turns as well. Blossom stands quite well in her clear plastic stand.

So, what do we think of this set?

Pros

This set is well made and quite abuse-resistant. My girls have played hard with this set for the past two years. Its made of a hard rubbery plastic material, and all the accessories as well as the Powerpuff Girls have stood up well to daily play. This set has seen a lot of playtime both inside and outside, and has yet to break or chip. Blossom and her Pokey Oaks accessories (not including the cloth beanbag chair) have spent many hours in the tub with my girls as well. Blossom’s oversized head keeps her afloat well, and the Pokey Oaks mascot serves a lot of time as a sea monster out to destroy Townsville. They also combine other playsets with the PPG Playsets, so we’ll quite often find Sully and one of the X-Men either joining forces with the PPG’s or battling with them for “Bathtub Supremacy.”

Cons

There’s really only one con with this set, and that’s the breakaway wall. Its four pieces fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, and its supposed to break apart when the “Girls” crash through to save the day. It breaks away all right, on its own, never stays together long enough for the “Girls” to come crashing through! We have attempted taping it, but that defeats the purpose of a breakaway wall, doesn’t it? The breakaway wall has been relegated to the toy box.

We recommend this playset for anyone who's a Powerpuff Girl fan. My girls have been playing with these since they were two and five, and there is no sign of lack of interest in them now that they're four and seven. I play with them as well, and I'm, well, I'm much much older than they are! This set is great for any Powerpuff Girl fan, no matter what their age. All in all, we highly recommend this play set. We do wish the breakaway wall would stay together, but that’s a minor quibble. We also wish we could purchase some of the villains from the Powerpuff Girls, such as MoJo JoJo. Having other characters such as Ms. Keane, Professor Utonium, and the Mayor available would be a bonus as well. That would make this set complete!

Amount Paid (US$): 5.00Cdn

Powerpuff Girls Animated C-watch: Buttercup Trendmasters - Sealed - Rare

Powerpuff Girls Animated C-watch: Buttercup Trendmasters - Sealed - Rare

PowerPuff Girls Animated C-Watch: Buttercup Trendmasters - New Sealed - Rare!!! Actual Photos of Item Buttercup C-Watch - New Sealed The packaging has...

Trendmasters Powerpuff Girls Best Friends Magic Motion Bubbles Rare

Trendmasters Powerpuff Girls Best Friends Magic Motion Bubbles Rare

Hello and thanks for viewing our listing. We have up for consideration a VERY RARE Power Puffs Girls best friends Bubbles. She works!!!! You can push ...

The Powerpuff Girls Talking BEDTIME BUBBLES 10 Plush Doll (2000 Trendmasters)
The Powerpuff Girls Talking TREASURE JEWELS BUTTERCUP 10 Plush Doll (2000 Trendmasters)

Gumby Incredible Adventures Trendmasters Superflex Cowboy Pokey Action Figure Se

This is a: Gumby Incredible Adventures by Trendmasters Superflex COWBOY POKEY Poseable Action Figure Sealed The item comes just like you see it in the...

Gumby Incredible Adventures By Trendmasters Superflex Space Pokey Poseable Actio

This is a: Gumby Incredible Adventures by Trendmasters Superflex SPACE POKEY Poseable Action Figure Sealed The item comes just like you see it in the ...

Powerpuff Girls Napkins Powerpuff Girls Invitations Powerpuff 2 Pk

Powerpuff Girls Napkins Powerpuff Girls Invitations Powerpuff 2 Pk

You are viewing a PowerPuff Girls 2 pk Description of Item These are New Vintage !!Need Some Power Puff Party Supplies? For your own themed Party ! Se...

Ads by Google