-38%
Triple Leaf Tea Triple Leaf Detox (Triple Leaf Tea) Reviews

Triple Leaf Tea Triple Leaf Detox (Triple Leaf Tea)

+$5.95 shipping LuckyVitamin.com
+$4.99 shipping Vitacost.com

A Potent Chinese Detox Tea

Jul 10, 2011

Pros:Inexpensive, All Natural, Caffeine-Free, Possible Health Benefits

Cons:Flavor is not for everyone

The Bottom Line: This tea worked for me. I drink it two or three times daily.

My pantry is loaded full of tea because I don't drink soda or fruit juice. To keep myself from getting bored, I try a new tea every month or two, and this month I chose Triple Leaf's Detox Cleansing & Revitalizing Tea. I was pulled in by the claims on its label: Potent Chinese Purification Herbs, Traditional Support of the Defenses, Chinese Herbs for Healthy Skin. According to the packaging, the Chinese traditionally use the tea daily to clear away toxins in the body.

The packaging also includes a nice history of the Triple Leaf  Company. Triple Leaf Tea ingredients is said to have been passed down from generation to generation over the centuries. The tea is made in the U.S.A. by a Chinese American family-owned business, and the company owner can remember stories of his own grandfather selling herbs and teas in his village in China. This history made me much less skeptical of the benefits of the tea.

Detox teas can have a pretty off-putting taste, and I had no expectations that this tea would be any different. It has natural lemon and citrus flavoring, but I couldn't taste anything that I would consider a pleasurable flavor. This tea is an acquired taste, so don't expect to love it the first time you try it. You can always add additional lemon or honey as you like. As for me, I'm okay with the flavor, because I bought it for the potential health benefits and not for pleasure.

Detox tea is 100% caffeine free, so you can substitute it for coffee in the morning, or you can imbibe before you go to bed without wreaking havoc on your sleep patterns. I drink it throughout the day. It keeps me from reaching for candy and chips out of boredom.

Brewing a Cup

Pour one cup of boiling water over a tea bag and let steep 10-15 minutes or longer. Gently squeeze the teabag into the cup, and leave the tea bag in your cup as you drink.

I have forgotten about my tea while brewing before (always multitasking), and when I came back for it, noticed no significant difference in the strength of the flavor. But maybe that's just me.

Extra Extra

For additional and complete detox support, it is suggested that you drink the Detox Tea along with Triple Leaf Herbal Laxative Tea, or any of the other Triple Leaf Teas. I'm just drinking the Detox, and it seems to be working fine on its own.

I have read that some use the bags externally to treat acne, but nowhere on the package does it recommend this type of use. I suppose you could try it and see if it works for you. Additionally, many who drink the tea claim to have a rise in energy. I am a naturally energetic person, so I can't attribute my energy to the Detox tea alone.

Packaging

Each tea bag is oxygen bleached and individually packaged. If you have an environmental background like me, you'll be happy that the outer packaging is made from recycled paperboard and biodegradable inks. That speaks volumes about the brand. To me, it says that the company incorporates harmony and balance in every product phase.

I bought this tea from Amazon for around $3.70 for 20 bags, but you can probably find it at any organic or local grocery.

Supplement Facts

Per 8 fl oz (1 tea bag): 2000 mg of the following Proprietary Blend of Herbs:

Red clover flowering top, Burdock root, Astragalus root, Ginger root, Fo-ti (he shou wu) root, Chinese mint leaf, Kudzu (pueraria) root, Asian plantain leaf, Lysimachia root/herb, Chinese cinnamon bark, Isatis root/leaf, Solomon's seal rhizome, Duckweek (spirodela) root, Licorice root, Schisandra fruit, Tokyo violet root/herb, Dandelion root/herb, Japanese honeysuckle flower.

Other Ingredients: Natural lemon flavor with other natural citrus flavors.

Warnings

This tea is not recommended for use by pregnant women or nursing mothers. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner first before using.

Made with over 20 Potent Chinese Purification HerbsTraditional Support of the DefensesChinese Herbs for Healthy Skin The Detox Chinese Herbal Tea Trad...
Vitacost.com
Triple Leaf Tea - Detox Tea - 20 Tea Bags Triple Leaf Tea Detox Tea For thousands of years, the Chinese have been using herbs to clear away toxins. To...
LuckyVitamin.com