-28%
Tripp Lite (P940-08I) 0.67 ft Serial ATA Cable Reviews

Tripp Lite (P940-08I) 0.67 ft Serial ATA Cable

+$2.99 shipping PCM
MacMall

The Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable (P940-08I) takes hold and will not let go!

Nov 17, 2009 (Updated Nov 17, 2009)

Pros:Metal tab locks SATA cable into place, Lifetime warranty, ROHS compliant

Cons:8 inch cable may be to short for some computer cases

The Bottom Line: Not all SATA cables are the same, if you want to protect your data then get the reliability of the Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable (P940-08I) today!

Tripp Lite is trusted by IT professionals around the world for their reliable products.  As a result, I did not think twice about purchasing the Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable (P940-08I).  The only question was whether or not the product would actually work as advertised and keep my SATA drives connected.

I had a drive cabling problem develop a few weeks ago with my ASUS NCCH-DL fileserver.  Every time I would close the case door one of the cheap, SATA, drive cables would fall out.  In the past, I used super glue to keep the cabling attached to the drives but removing the cable was very hard.

Why do you need this SATA cable for your computer?
The P940-08I has a unique metal clip that grabs hold of your drive and does not let go.  After installing the Tripp Lite ROHS Compliant SATA signal cable, my problems with the cable falling out stopped.  I can pull and tug all I want, up to 15lbs of force, with no removal.  To get the cable off the drive, I simply depress the little metal clip and it slides out effortlessly.

Installing A Hard Drive With The Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable (P940-08I)
To install a hard drive with this SATA cable, you should first ensure the drive cage or computer bay is clear of any dust.  I usually use a can of compressed air to remove any stray particulates.  Once cleaned, install the drive using all available mounting screws into the drive bay.  Now connect the Tripp Lite Cable by pushing it into the port until a snap sound is heard.  The sound is an easy way of knowing that you have a solid connection.  Repeat this process to plug the other end of the cable into your motherboard.

Compatibility Of The Tripp Lite P940-08I Cable
Most Apple, Intel and AMD desktop computers use SATA cabling if made after 2008.  I verified this cable on several hard drives and also provided test results as follows:  Transcend 32GB SSD SATA, Patriot Warp 32GB SSD, Seagate DiamondMax® 10 160 GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 160GB HDD and Seagate Barracuda LP (ST32000542AS) 2 TB SATA II Hard Drive

The Tripp Lite P940-08I Cable works fine with SATA I (1.5Gbs) hard drives.
You will not be able to use this cable on a hard drive with a PATA (Parallel) or SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) Interface.

ROHS Compliance
The cable is ROHS Compliant which means that the product was created without the use of the following toxic materials: Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium, Polybrominated biphenyls and Polybrominated diphenyl ether.

Specifications
Serial ATA (SATA) Signal Cable
Model:  P940-08I
Length:  8 inches (20.32 cm)
Lifetime product warranty

Summary
I am thrilled to have this cable on two of my hard drives and will invest in a few more sets for my other computers soon.  Shop around to find the best deal but I paid $8 for mine because of shipping costs.

In all, I give the innovative Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable (P940-08I) a solid two thumbs up.

This review is a suspected Lean-N-Mean VIII entry, at 512 word bits or 64 word bytes, not including this statement.

Tripp Lite Serial ATA (SATA) Signal Cable (7Pin/7Pin) - Serial ATA cable - Serial ATA 150/300 - 7 pin Serial ATA - 7 pin Serial ATA - 7.9 in - red
MacMall
PCM

eWiz is your best friend! Product Info Payment Shipping Disclaimer Return Policy CA Recycling Fee PRODUCT INFO Tripp Lite P940-08I 8 inch Serial ATA S...
search PN Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable NEW ITEM FREE SHIPPING Processing packing takes 1-3 Business days prior to ship. Tripp Lite expands its l...
About Us FAQ Contact Us Tripp Lite P94008I 8 Serial ATA (SATA) Signal Cable (7Pin/7Pin) IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed av...
About Us FAQ Contact Us Tripp Lite Serial ATA Signal Cable IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed availability will automatically...